VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 8/17/2010 Light Up Your Life  (Read 4241 times)

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
8/17/2010 Light Up Your Life
« on: August 18, 2010, 08:12 PM »

Light Up Your Life  http://www.smallworlds.com/?target=/2010/08/17/lights/
August 17, 2010 4:39 PM

Hello citizens. Three fantastic new lights are now available in Modern Living and they are sure to bring a new sense of style and ambiance to your space. Lighting is one of those interior design features which can really change the feel of a room - use it creatively and you can totally transform it!

I couldn't think of a better way to celebrate the launch of these three gorgeous new additions to our lighting collection than to hold a Creative Lighting Competition!  First, I'll introduce you to our three new lights, and I'll then give you the competition details. The competition will be open for one week - closing on the 24th August - and the winner receives 3500 Gold!
Enclosed Floor Light

Many citizens have been asking for floor lights.  They can be used to produce some truly creative lighting effects.

In this picture a friend has placed a circle of them on the floor.

Other possibilities I thought of: long rows of lights along walls, an in-ground pathway of lights leading to who knows where...perhaps one shining underneath a table? Now that would give you a very interesting effect!  What else can you think of?

Wall Sconce

This extremely elegant light-fitting gives out the most gorgeous gentle lavender glow - very calming and beautiful. I just fell in love with their stunning color.

Here's a lovely example with the sconce   casting a restful glow in a bathroom, almost as good as bathing by candlelight!

I can see these lights in all kinds of spaces - what might they look like in yours? As always their use is limited only by your interior design creativity. I know these are going to be showing up a lot in the competition!

Blue Table Lamp

Citizens isn't this a truly stylish little number!  I love the combination of the black base with that ice-blue rectangular shade.  What do you think?  They give off a really gentle blue glow, just what you need to create some great 'mood lighting'!
Creative Lighting Competition

Show us your interior design creativity! As the title says, the emphasis will be on your use of lighting to create stunning interior effects.

You can use any and all lighting available here on SmallWorlds - including of course the fabulous three lights we've released today.

How to Enter the "Creative Lighting" Competition
honesty.png

* It's easy! Once you've got your space just the way you want it, take two screen-shots and submit them to the official forum thread.
    * I'll leave the competition open for a week - so you can submit your entries up until midnight (SWT) 24th August. I'll report on the winner next week - they'll receive 3500 Gold.

I have to confess that I am looking forward to getting a few ideas for my space from what I know will be the many fantastic entries you all submit - so thank you in advance!
Light up your life in 3 exciting new ways

I'm sure you'll find all kinds of ways to use these three marvelous new lights in your space and I'm sure they'll be very useful for those of you entering the Creative Lighting Competition.

All the new lights are available right now in Modern Living.

~ Honesty Blaize

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Pages: [1]   Go Up