VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 7/20/2010 Become a SmallWorlds Millionaire!  (Read 4755 times)

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
7/20/2010 Become a SmallWorlds Millionaire!
« on: July 21, 2010, 09:30 PM »

http://www.smallworlds.com/?target=/2010/07/20/become-sw-millionaire/

Become a SmallWorlds Millionaire!
July 20, 2010 4:01 PM

Greetings citizens. Did you know that some in the SmallWorlds community have made a fortune in Gold?
kent.png

A few weeks after the end of our first SmallWorlds Film competition, I noticed on the forum that one of our three lucky Golden Dan award winners was putting his award up for sale - for 1 million Gold!

Even with this rather large price tag, there was interest, and I realized there are more than a few citizens who could afford to buy it.  I interviewed a few of those people to find out how they have earned all their Gold.

If you've always dreamed of SmallWorlds riches then you'll find this article useful.  Armed with some information and some good old-fashioned motivation you could soon be counting yourself amongst their number.

Chloe Levie - "...buy cheap, sell higher, buy another..hold on to it, and sell!"

Chloe has a message for all SmallWorlds citizens: "It's true! You don't need to spend real money on a game to enjoy it. I've been playing this game for about 2 years now and never have spent any money, yet I still manage to own all the Monthly Collectibles, Loyalty Rewards, Wearables and Rares!"

She acknowledges that its all down to how dedicated you are and she firmly believes that anything is possible if you set your mind to it.

She first started doing the monthly Loyalty Challenge and tries not to miss any reward as she's noticed that it increases in price daily.

"It's usually better to hold on to the item for some time longer so that the price can increase - for instance I knew that those three eggs would make me some money - and sure enough a few months later, the price of the eggs jumped! I ended up selling the whole set for about 100k gold - it felt great to own that much!!

Then a few days later, I found another cheap set for about 50k gold (half of what I sold my set for) and then I sat on those. Once I got the hang of it, it was easy for me to buy and sell. It's like a cycle...I buy cheap, then sell higher, buy another..hold on to it..and sell. The results are really satisfying!"

Chloe also said to me that if you are not interested in buying and selling, there are other ways to make gold such as selling paintings you create on the Graffiti Boards - "...as long as you're doing something that you enjoy and getting something out of it...that's all it matters! There are so many other options out there, it's endless! Just take it easy and have fun while you seek!".

James McBride - "...Never, ever sell anything for a loss!"

James started out by doing a few free offers, available in the Factory and on any of the Earn Gold machines you see in any SmallWorlds stores, as well as making sure he did his Loyalty Challenge each month.

"I'd been playing for around 3 months
before I opened a small shop, which i opened by selling all the wearables and rares i owned at the time. I have been buying and selling ever since!"

James assured me that its really easy to do, but that it does take patience. Two months ago he completed his wearable collection by purchasing a Snow Fox and Beta cake which he paid one million Gold for.

"I was happy to pay it and would have actually paid more to obtain those very rare items". He says he never has a lot of gold in his account as he is constantly trading... but with all the items I own I would estimate my net worth around 4-5 million gold.".

So as far as James is concerned, smart trading is the way to go. His mantra is simple: "Patience is the key - and never, ever sell anything for a loss!"

Maxwell Patch - "Don't be afraid to spend a couple of dollars to get you started"

Maxwell began building his fortune by doing missions to earn tokens and trading his tokens for Gold. After he'd built up his first lot of Gold, he then spent around $30 to buy some gold which enabled him to open up a small shop selling Wearables and Rares. "The Smallworlds game is very similar to real life, if you want to have a fortune you need to build up and capitalize and that's just what I did. I capitalized on my $30 dollars of real money (which was 24,000 gold back then as i recall). My $30 got me to where I am now!"

Maxwell never, ever misses out on doing his Loyalty Challenge. "I try to be one of the earliest to acquire it because of the market demand - the earliest gets the higher price. Then, after selling it, I try to find the cheapest I can to replace the loyalty item i sold. I try to acquire 3 sets of loyalty by buying 2 and earning one. I then hold it, and then sell it once again if the demand is high. The same applies with the monthly collectibles too - I never, ever miss one! Sell high and then try and buy another one for a cheaper price and sit on it."

Maxwell has 5 tips he'd like to share with those just starting out on building their fortune.

1 - Don't be afraid to spend a couple of dollars for you to enjoy the game!

2 - Don't be lazy. Don't go and beg for people for Tokens or Gold. Work for it. Be smart. Don't let others rip you off. Always read the forum to learn more about the game.

3 - Invite more friends. The more friends you have in game the more fun you'll get and the more enjoyable to play, and the more enthusiastic you'll be!

4 - Offers. These help a lot if you are just starting in the game.

Fireshadow Dom - "Pay attention to what people like"

Fireshadow started in September '09 with a really small furniture place. He'd buy small items, reselling at a small profit. "I started making friends and talking to people and got to know what people liked and disliked. Then I started to get my hands on furniture that people wanted, at good prices."

He then moved onto Wearables and Rares.

"I work hard at finding deals. Even if I make 50 or 100 Gold I'm perfect with that ..like a friend told me  - If you make even 100 Gold that is 100 Gold that you didn't have before!".

Fireshadow has never bought Gold, he's earned all his Gold and Tokens from hard work and that's something he's very proud of.

His last tip to share with you is this: "Stay smart to in-world alerts and to the forums. There are always people selling things even down to cheap furniture that you can sell for more Gold than you paid for it, then you can get something upgraded. Don't get stuff that people won't buy. Pay attention to what people like - go to shops, clubs, and friends homes and look at what they have. If you find it cheap somewhere, buy it!"

st_0110_goldcoins.png

Well citizens, there are so many gems in what these four have shared.  If you follow just one idea your Gold account is bound to be boosted!

The theme running through all these stories is this: apply some smarts and mix with a good dollop of dedication and you'll be well on your way to earning your first Million.

~ Kent Kronkite

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Pages: [1]   Go Up