VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 7/12/2010 'Best SmallWorlds Advertisement' Competition!  (Read 5707 times)

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room

'Best SmallWorlds Advertisement' Competition!

July 12, 2010 12:47 PM

Greetings, citizens. Do you remember our Lights! Camera! Action! competition earlier this year? What an exciting competition that was - and of course, we unveiled the fantastic Golden Dan award statues.

Well, I'm extremely pleased to tell you that we've decided to do it again. We're launching another film competition and you'll have three more chances to win your very own Golden Dan statue!

A Great Idea - Thanks, Maxwell!

After the last competition ended, I asked people to submit ideas for the next film competition, and I thought this idea submitted by Maxwell Patch in the forum thread was was a great one:

"hmm nice how bout a best advertising campaign of smallworlds"

Introducing the 'Best SmallWorlds Advertisement' Competition

Imagine that we decided to put our PR agency on hold and turn things over to you - the people who know SmallWorlds best. We'd like you to create a short film that showcases the best of SmallWorlds - showing off the (imho) best browser-based social entertainment experience on the web.

You may choose to make your entry look like an advertisement, or on the other hand it might be more like a short film. We will leave that completely over to you and your creativity.

A winning entry will be something that a new or prospective citizen might look at to receive a clearly communicated and fun look around SmallWorlds. A winning entry will represent what you feel is great about about SmallWorlds and will inspire people to want to take a closer look.

Your Brief

Imagine that you are head-of-creative at a virtual worlds PR agency. You've been asked to create a short film or advertisement to showcase SmallWorlds to new or prospective players.

Your entry needs to be between 1 and 3 minutes in length.
You'll need to create it using SmallWorlds avatars and 'shoot it' on location in SmallWorlds.
Your Deadline? You have 1 month. Entries need to be submitted by midnight SWT, August 12th.

Judging and Prizes

The competition will be once again be judged by myself, Honesty Blaize and Dan SmallWorlds. Yes, we'll once again gladly enter the judging arena even though we know it means a few sleepless nights and the inevitable argument or two!  We'll get the entries down to a final shortlist, then the top three will be chosen.

The top three placegetters will all receive a coveted Golden Dan statue (currently the most rare item available on SmallWorlds), and an amount of SmallWorlds Gold:

1st  - 10,000 Gold + 1 Golden Dan Award

2nd - 7,000 Gold + 1 Golden Dan Award

3rd - 4,000 Gold + 1 Golden Dan Award

The judging team will be looking for entries that have that magic combination of:

Creativity and originality
Great technical execution
Wonderful entertainment value
An excellent showcasing of SmallWorlds

Short-Film-Making Resources

Thanks to our last short film competition, there are a number of great SmallWorlds themed short films already up on YouTube if you'd like to take a look. You can also check out the winning entries from the last competition to see some of what's possible.

As most of you will be aware, Windows now comes standard with Windows Movie Maker; with Apple iMovie for Mac users. If you have neither of these, you can try Camstudio - a free open-source video capture and editing package. You can also try here for other free video editing packages.

Competition Guidelines
One entry per Smallworlds account
You must load your SmallWorlds Advertisement onto YouTube. If you're not sure how to do this, watch this video.

Supply the YouTube URL with your competition entry on to the official competition forum thread.
The express function or theme of your entry is to promote SmallWorlds so please keep this in mind when creating it.

Your entry must be a minimum of 1 minute and a maximum of 3 minutes long
All footage must be shot 'on location' within SmallWorlds, using SmallWorlds avatars as your actors & film extras.
You are free to use all features of your movie editing software to full creative effect. Use music, sound effects, whatever you like to make your SmallWorlds Advertisement the most creative you can!
Competition closes midnight SWT, 12th August 2010.

Well citizens, I do hope you have a tremendous amount of fun with this latest competition. I'm certainly looking forward to your entries and I'm sure you'll all want to try your very best to  win one of the three Golden Dan statues that are up for grabs - now there's something most definitely worth winning!

The competition is open for 4 weeks, and the winners will be announced on or around the 19th of August. You all have until midnight August 12th to get your entries in. May I take this opportunity to wish you the very best of luck!

~ Kent Kronkite

The Legal Stuff
The Best SmallWorlds Advertisement Competition is open to SmallWorlds standard and VIP Club members 13 years of age or older. Employees of Outsmart 2005 Limited and its helpers, moderators, officers, directors, parent companies, subsidiaries, and affiliated companies, advertising agencies, promotional suppliers, or production agencies, and their respective dependents, immediate family members (parent, child, sibling and spouse of each) and individuals residing in the same household, are not eligible to participate. Void where prohibited by law.

The shortlisted entries and the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners will be selected based upon the sole and exclusive discretion of the SmallWorlds Competition Judges. 1st place-getter will receive a Golden Dan statue and 10,000 Gold. 2nd place-getter will receive a Golden Dan statue and 7,000 Gold and 3rd place-getter will receive a Golden Dan statue and 4,000 Gold. All submissions are carefully reviewed before determining the prize winners. The judge's decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.

By entering into the competition you hereby assign to SmallWorlds all rights in such entries such that SmallWorlds (and third parties authorized by SmallWorlds) may use, display, publish, transmit, copy, make derivative works or podcasts from, edit, alter, store, re-format, sell and sub-license and otherwise exploit your submissions for any purposes (for the full period of any rights).

Competition closes midnight (SWT), August 12th, 2010. The winners will be chosen and notified on or about August 19th, 2010

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Pages: [1]   Go Up