VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 7/8/2010 Royal Majesty & Frameless Flickr Widget  (Read 7094 times)

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
7/8/2010 Royal Majesty & Frameless Flickr Widget
« on: July 07, 2010, 10:09 PM »

Royal Majesty & Frameless Flickr Widget
July 8, 2010 4:19 PM

Greetings, citizens. Our new Gold package will take your breath away. As well as a kingly amount of SmallWorlds Gold at a great discounted price, it contains a fantastic rare wearable: a Royal Cloak complete with jewels! As you can see for yourself, it's a majestic cloak and you'll feel royal indeed when you put it on.

The other exciting thing I have to tell you about is the new Frameless Flickr Widget now available in Modern Living, which will give your space that WOW factor!  I know you'll be as impressed as I am with the variety and quality of shapes this widget offers.

Royal Majesty

The Royal Majesty package comes with 70,000 SmallWorlds Gold at a discounted price - a kingly purse indeed!  But the best part just has to be this amazing royal cloak.

With a fantastic golden crown motif on the back and royal jewels which hang down into a necklace at the front, this richly red-colored cloak even moves realistically as you walk. Being a cloak, it's longer than the other capes in SmallWorlds so it will really stand out when you wear it.

Just imagine turning up to Cue Club for a game of pool wearing one of these!  I seem to recall hearing that royal protocol suggests that one should always lets the King or Queen win, no matter what the competition, so therefore wearing the Royal Cloak could in fact be rather advantageous for you.

The Royal Cloak - It looks regal both on and off.

As you can see, this cloak will look just as amazing in your space as it does when you wear it.

In my opinion, its gold stand is almost as lovely as the cloak itself.

In fact, when I stopped in at Dan's place, I found that he'd placed a couple standing up on either side of his royal throne, just to complete the majestic effect.  It did look remarkably impressive!

It's a Blue-Chip SmallWorlds Investment

As a rare item, the Royal Cloak is likely to become worth rather a lot as time goes by - as you'd expect for such a regal-looking rare item. So the Royal Cloak represents a truly blue-chip SmallWorlds investment opportunity. It will never be sold in any SmallWorlds store, and once the package is gone we'll never, ever make the Royal Cloak available again... so you could be wearing a potential goldmine!

Frameless Flickr Widget

You may recall in an article a few weeks ago, I spoke to you about the SmallWorlds team's personal projects that they work on every Friday - we call them 80/20 projects.  Well the same talented and creative team who bought you the electronic ticker boards have created another amazing item.

Yes citizens, the Frameless Flickr Widget is now available in Modern Living!

Just look at the range of exciting shapes you can choose to display all your pictures and photographs!  I had such fun playing with them all, and found it very difficult indeed to decide on just one shape.  Thank heavens I found I could display a slideshow, so I didn't have to choose just one.

To change the shape that's used to display your Flickr pictures, simply click on the shape shown next to the image in the configuration window.  You'll get a whole page of options to choose from!

You may remember that I interviewed Ricky and Vincent (the team who created this wonderful widget) when we released the electronic ticker.

This time, I told them how impressed I was that they'd managed to finish off two amazing items already, while the rest of the SmallWorlds team were still working on theirs.

Ricky: We're on a roll!

Vincent: Yeah, and we're planning to release another version of this widget in the near future.  And maybe even a rug widget along the same lines as well.

Ricky: We'd like it if people could suggest new shapes in the forums, and if enough people want them, we'll look at adding them into the new widget.

Thank you, Ricky and Vincent, I'm sure the SmallWorlds community will be happy to hear that you always read and take note of their suggestions.

I'm so excited to add this new Flickr widget to my space to display my pictures in a whole new way. And I simply can't wait to see what you'll come up with next.  Keep up the great work!

~Kent Kronkite
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 10:16 PM by Happy »

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
Re: 7/8/2010 Royal Majesty & Frameless Flickr Widget
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2010, 10:12 PM »

I so want the cape but egad the cash!

The frameless flicker is 375 gold.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 10:20 PM by Happy »

BitBehindWench

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Blue NOT New Moderator
  • Still Soarin' :)
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2010, 10:32 AM »

omg expensive!  Hmmm I wonder how many of these capes will be sold in players shops.   :hmmmm:    Should be interesting to see how much they will sell them for though.
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2010, 09:17 PM »

Update from the SmallWorlds Twitter feed.  

Royal Majesty package will only be on sale until midnight (SWT) 3rd October!

Gotta love the pic that was in the feed:

BitBehindWench

Pages: [1]   Go Up