VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 07/04 Pyrotastic Celebration Racing - Sunday!  (Read 3463 times)

Krazy_Kim

• Krazy like a Faux
    Put Down the Hammer
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
07/04 Pyrotastic Celebration Racing - Sunday!
« on: July 04, 2010, 01:57 AM »

Pyrotastic Celebration Racing - Sunday!

PyroCharger SuperCharger Kit is the award for today!

The racetrack will be updated from 7:00 A.M. Pacific Time until 7:30 A.M. Pacific time (10:30 A.M. Eastern Time), so scores during this time period will not count.

Please refresh to make certain you have the race track update.

Happy 4th of July and good luck in the race!  :)

:crazy2: Krazy_Kim :crazy2:
I like work! It fascinates me! I can sit an look at it for hours! ^..^

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
Re: 07/04 Pyrotastic Celebration Racing - Sunday!
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2010, 03:47 PM »

Thanks Krazy.  Problems persist.  Same bugs causing laps to not count.  -.-

An odd thing about todays race:  there is more than one track in the racing area!  I saw a couple different finish lines!  LOL.  The track you race on is the right one...but why they didn't remove the other track/tracks is beyond my comprehension!  ROFL.

They did finally put up lists of the top times for Fri/Sat.  I'll have more -cough-comments-cough- about that when the final list goes up.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 03:29 PM by flamanar »

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Still Soarin' :)
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2010, 03:01 PM »

Results from Homepage:

Congrats Flame Family!   :thumb:

:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2010, 03:05 PM »

Congrats!

Mermaid Melusina

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2010, 03:31 PM »

Congratulations to all the winners!!  Very well done! :thumb:

Special Congratulations to the Flame family!! I know you worked very hard on the races and your wins are well deserved!  My fins off to you on retaining your racing titles!!  :2thunbs:  :trophy:  :clapping:

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2010, 10:17 PM »

The first 2 nights, we all raced till around 4am in the morning.  The last race, I passed out around 5-6am, and Hero and .It stayed awake all night racing!  Hero is sick now, so...yeah.  lol.

There was so much blech with this race, though.  I really don't know where to start.  The bugs with the tracks that caused only like 1 in 10 laps to count (the rest would finish with no times).  Sometimes it was worse than that.  We had reported it to VFK on last Wednesday when we started to practice.  It never did get fixed.  Out of the hundreds of laps we ended up doing, only a small fraction ended up with a time.  Talk about frustration.  Imagine running an amazing lap...and finishing with no time!  I'm certain our times would be lower if every race counted.  Everyone eventually reported it.  VFK responded that they couldn't reproduce the problem...  :hmm:

Then there was the problem of us coming in first the first 2 races.  Picture trying to race on the last day while everyone and their brother IM'ed you asking for tips, advice, wanting you to race FOR them, wanting to know what your fastest time was, etc.  It got so impossible that I still hadn't started racing until after the evening puzzle.  Eventually, I took the open IM box and dragged it off screen and ignored all IMs after that.  .It had to do the same.  It was ridiculous.  Before I did that, I'd be running a fast lap and BOOM...IM box right in the middle of the screen.  LOL. 

Then VFK wasn't posting times.  Everyone kept asking...VFK kept putting it off.  NOBODY knew how well they did!  It was awful waiting to see where/if we placed!

Clones.  Clones and more clones.  Flooding the racing lists, both stock and mod.  Pathetic.  Disgusting.  Not only collecting as many pins for themselves as they can...but also depriving others of an opportunity at those pins.  The height of selfishness.

Then people running in both the stock and mod categories.  Not against the rules...but really.  Trying to 'double up' on the prizes?  Blech.

Then the people who were running races for other people.  That's classic.  You'd be surprised how many ppl on the list didn't race their own race.  Nice.

Then the last problem was a couple of racers that accidentally found a bug on the last day of racing that put their times significantly below the top racers.  We think this is why the final times took so long to be posted.  Those very short times were thrown out.  Thank God lol.  But not before word of it leaked out...then all you-know-what broke loose.  It was chaos.

In the meantime, you had rumors, conspiracy theories, etc.  People talking bad about each other.  It really was crazy.

Seriously, this type of thing is supposed to be fun.  With all the bugs and mayhem...it was far from it.  I'm not sure I'll race again because of it.

We won, and I'm again humbled.  Lightning did strike twice.  We're grateful for having the chance to defend our titles.  We still don't have our new top 10 pins yet, but we have everything else.  The suits are the same as the first time...which was a little bit of a disappointment.  We didn't receive any extra suits, either. lol 

All that being said, I seriously hope that VFK can straighten out the great amount of problems this race produced...before deciding to offer another race.  We also saw the best and worst in people with this race.  I hope I don't have to see it again.

Thanks again everyone for the congratulatory posts :) 

Flamanette

• Runs and locks herself in
    a room in order to build
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2010, 07:07 AM »

I just want to piggy back on Flame's post and say:  YA, what he said!

Additionally a word about Hero: that kid was SO determined to break is lowest time!  He asked if he could keep on trying....every goal he had set before that as far as time, he was able to meet, and thus Flame and me were inspired to meet it!  That is how we got 19 seconds.

That kid tried for hours to beat that 19 (I am kind of glad he didn't, cause then I would have to wake Flame up and get him racing again, lol).  It was Hero's first ever "all night-er" and I stayed up with him to keep him company! 

He did finally have to say "Mom, I don't think 18 is possible".  By then the sun was up, the birds were singing, and he was so pumped knowing that he (and we) had given it our best, that he actually couldn't sleep, poor kid.  I am sure that if EVERY  lap had actually given him a time, he would have come to that conclusion much sooner, sigh.  But is was so frustrating, like Flame said, to "feel in your bones" that you ran a great lap, and then have no time show up at the end.  For all we know, he may have gotten that 18; it just didn't record.  BLECH.

So now Hero is feeling a bit under the weather; might just be a coincidence, idk.  If you ask him though whether he would do it again: I bet he would (well, if the bugs are worked out that is).

.it  :coffee2:

Mean people are like sandpaper. They may scratch you and hurt you, but in the end you come out smooth and polished and the mean person is just worn and ugly.

Mermaid Melusina

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2010, 09:47 AM »

What a ride!  That's for sure!

It would be nice that once ppl raced it automatically showed times like all the others games show chart on homepage.
Once you play you get score and its added to best scores there. It adds best scores and bumps lower scores. That's how it works for the mini games at the moment.

I don't know why the racing times can't be instantly recorded somewhere and keep changing as ppl race.
I think that would be a nice addition to these races. It will significantly give more ease to those competing and will eliminate some of the IM's asking for times.
Racer's would know what they are up against to try harder and those on top can monitor the list and take a break seeing if the time holds.

Again, my congratulations to the Flames and all the effort put in races with all that was going on during the races.

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Still Soarin' :)
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2010, 09:53 AM »

Apparently the new Top 10 pins for MODIFIED, are finally out.  There was only 3 new ones (1 for each day of the Races).  Stock got a few of the same pins, that were awarded from the last races.  See our Guides here for screen shots.   :)

Screen shot from VFKF:

GatorByte Racing Disk Brake
RumbleBase Custom Exhaust System
PyroCharger SuperCharger Kit
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2010, 12:30 PM »

Apparently the new Top 10 pins for MODIFIED, are finally out.  There was only 3 new ones (1 for each day of the Races).  Stock got a few of the same pins, that were awarded from the last races.  See our Guides here for screen shots.   :)

Screen shot from VFKF:

Thanks Astro!  The first 2 pins look nice...but the 3rd one looks messed up.  There's no detail to it.  Just doesn't seem to match the way the rest of the set looks.  Not complaining...just noticing a difference in the way that last pin looks.  I even thought the picture was bad...but it looks the same on my lanyard.  Odd. 

Nice to finally have them, though.  I was afraid this would turn into the Ride Competition award fiasco again.  :hmm:  Blech.  lol.  :)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 12:31 PM by flamanar »

Flamanette

• Runs and locks herself in
    a room in order to build
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2010, 12:38 PM »

Screen shot from VFKF:

Thanks Astro!  The first 2 pins look nice...but the 3rd one looks messed up.  There's no detail to it.  Just doesn't seem to match the way the rest of the set looks.  Not complaining...just noticing a difference in the way that last pin looks.  I even thought the picture was bad...but it looks the same on my lanyard.  Odd. 

Nice to finally have them, though.  I was afraid this would turn into the Ride Competition award fiasco again.  :hmm:  Blech.  lol.  :)

ROFL: I just talked to Hero (I am at work, he is at home) and he is going around 300mph and out of control! 

Next set of race pins will probably make the cars jet propelled.

.it  :coffee2:

Mean people are like sandpaper. They may scratch you and hurt you, but in the end you come out smooth and polished and the mean person is just worn and ugly.

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2010, 12:41 PM »

You can't steer a rocket around a sharp corner.  They'll have to widen the curves in the tracks...  :notme:
Pages: [1]   Go Up