VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: 6/27 VFK Homepage News  (Read 6657 times)

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Purple Vice Admin
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!
Re: 6/27 VFK Homepage News
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2010, 11:41 PM »

Btw:  Astro or any other mod feel free to move the clone talk to the private section if you feel it's too revealing.  Thanks :)

No need for anything in this thread to move.  It is fine where it is.
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

Mermaid Melusina

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2010, 11:21 AM »

I like the idea of a consolation prize for those who race and it doesn't have to be a consolation prize for every day.  A consolation prize for those who have completed all the races in the entire event would be nice.  Like something for acknowledging the effort to race.  It could be a pin, a black and white checkered racing flag would be awesome....anything...just a little something to encourage ppl who don't have a chance competitively, be it for many reasons, to look forward to doing the races.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 11:24 AM by Mermaid Melusina »

Flamanette

• Runs and locks herself in
    a room in order to build
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2010, 08:38 AM »

I like the idea of a consolation prize for those who race and it doesn't have to be a consolation prize for every day.  A consolation prize for those who have completed all the races in the entire event would be nice.  Like something for acknowledging the effort to race.  It could be a pin, a black and white checkered racing flag would be awesome....anything...just a little something to encourage ppl who don't have a chance competitively, be it for many reasons, to look forward to doing the races.

I so agree with this line of thinking!!  There are many reasons why a person might not be able to make the TOP of TOP list.  But to encourage participation, rather than discourage those who simply cannot race fast, I do think that something should be given for participation.  And who knows, by having that as an incentive, some ppl might surprise themselves and do better than they thought they might have been able to.

Here, here Fish.i for a most excellent suggestion!  I love the idea of a checkered flag sort of thing.   :clap1:

.it  :coffee2:

Mean people are like sandpaper. They may scratch you and hurt you, but in the end you come out smooth and polished and the mean person is just worn and ugly.

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2010, 11:26 AM »

I so agree with this line of thinking!!  There are many reasons why a person might not be able to make the TOP of TOP list.  But to encourage participation, rather than discourage those who simply cannot race fast, I do think that something should be given for participation.  And who knows, by having that as an incentive, some ppl might surprise themselves and do better than they thought they might have been able to.

Here, here Fish.i for a most excellent suggestion!  I love the idea of a checkered flag sort of thing.   :clap1:

At the same time, if there's not a consolation prize, the burden on their system will be WAY less because the vast majority of players will not bother to race.  Any time they give away stuff to everybody just for trying an event, you can bet that a million clones will be logging on to get the stuff.  So...no consolation prizes = less system bogging down, and less work for them :P

Flamanette

• Runs and locks herself in
    a room in order to build
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2010, 12:16 PM »

At the same time, if there's not a consolation prize, the burden on their system will be WAY less because the vast majority of players will not bother to race.  Any time they give away stuff to everybody just for trying an event, you can bet that a million clones will be logging on to get the stuff.  So...no consolation prizes = less system bogging down, and less work for them :P

^^^^  I SO hate it when he is right....sigh.    :madder:

.it

Mean people are like sandpaper. They may scratch you and hurt you, but in the end you come out smooth and polished and the mean person is just worn and ugly.

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2010, 01:26 PM »

^^^^  I SO hate it when he is right....sigh.    :madder:

.it

Hey...sometimes I hate it when I'm right, too.  :'(

Mermaid Melusina

« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2010, 07:16 PM »

Aww...true. Less work for them with no consolation prizes...I just want it to be fun for everyone!   :flwr:  :bighug:

I understand about burden on the system, but VFK should be prepared when they do events like this. Not sure what the percentage of the million clones with cars would be... but, if the reason for not giving consolation prizes is to avoid more people from racing so that people don't bother trying because there is nothing to win, then they are not prepared for this kind of event. We did survive the last racing event and everyone got a little something out of every race, so I will try the races and will remain hopeful for a little something....

:sur: That racing flag would still be nice!   :lolg:
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 07:42 PM by Mermaid Melusina »
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up