VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: 6/27 VFK Homepage News  (Read 6655 times)

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • Still Soarin' :)
6/27 VFK Homepage News
« on: June 27, 2010, 06:50 PM »

From the VFK Homepage:

« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 06:58 PM by Astro »
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
Re: 6/27 VFK Homepage News
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2010, 07:28 PM »

Thanks Astro!

Gulp.  Wow.  I have several mixed emotions about this info.  Kewl!  Wow!  Ugh!  Are you kidding me?  Oh...and blech x 100!  I think that just about covers them all.  lol.

From the racing info, it looks like they are re-releasing some of the rare pins.  Re-releasing the suits, bottles of milk (only 4 of those in game right now) and milk mustaches.  Nice.  Well, it was special while it lasted, I guess.

Should be interesting to see the other events and items listed.

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Still Soarin' :)
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2010, 08:17 PM »

I understand what you mean Flame   :console:

Me being the pin freak I am .. well, I'm excited by the fact that some of the pins will be re-released.  I paid quite dearly for the 3 I have in trades.  So now I'm thinking ... hey VFK - where's the rest of the pins to re-release!   ;)   Because it only looks like 3 will be re-released.  :(
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2010, 08:36 PM »

I understand what you mean Flame   :console:

Me being the pin freak I am .. well, I'm excited by the fact that some of the pins will be re-released.  I paid quite dearly for the 3 I have in trades.  So now I'm thinking ... hey VFK - where's the rest of the pins to re-release!   ;)   Because it only looks like 3 will be re-released.  :(

Ty, Astro

Yes, it seems only 3 are being re-released at this point.

Sigh.  It's time to listen again to the conspiracy theories, accusations of cheating, sub-contracting out the racing to other people, etc. at other places around the internet.  More displays of sore losers and people that just can't be happy for others whose hard and diligent work helped them attain something nice.   Sadly, some people will never grow up...which is disappointing, disheartening and disgusting to watch.  Seems like no matter if a person wins something honestly or not, there will always be those immature crybabies that will try to call them a cheat and steal their happiness.  It's certainly prime opportunity to show our kids how immature adults can behave, and to teach them how to handle losing with grace...and to handle winning with humbleness instead of pride.

The homepage raises alot of questions.  Questions that probably won't be found out until the prizes are awarded.  At the very least I EXPECT real-time updated times for all races!!!  I refuse to believe that can't be done.  There's no reason why it shouldn't be done.  More thoughts to follow from me, no doubt.  ROFL.  :notme:

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2010, 01:21 PM »

And so it begins.  From the 'banned board':

"Well I did the racing once before, with the help of a great friend. And I got second."

Did anyone else besides us do the racing themselves...without outside help...and win?!

I've heard from a few other people who had other friends do their races for them...and at least get the rare pins.

Here's another line:

"Hopefully the players like me who have gotten the top three will give others a chance."

What's that supposed to mean?  That the Flames should 'bow out' and give others a chance?  Seems like in the real world, people in competitive events KEEP doing the events to retain their place.  Defend their titles.  Not only that, if we 'bow out'...doesn't that open the door to giving those people who have others race FOR them a chance to win?  Doesn't sound fair at all to me to let dishonest people win.  And what if we come in second or third place?  The prizes will be different.  Prizes we didn't get the first time.  Not only that, the first-place trophy and pin + 3 new pins will be things we haven't won yet.

Sigh.  This is so blech.  We have already discussed this as a family last night.  Looks like we'll be discussing our options/approach throughout the week to decide what to do.  We don't want to allow the dishonest people to win...but there's no way to tell who is or isn't being dishonest...that is, unless they admit it.

Blech. :uhuh2: 

ADDITIONAL THOUGHT:  for the record, we got a great deal of IM's last time there were races from people asking what they could do to get a faster time.  We always responded, and always gave a GREAT DEAL more information than we probably should have on how people could decrease their times.  Some of these people we had only ever had contact with ONCE!  Then other people were asking what our best times were.  Obviously, we told them...and they then knew what time THEY had to beat (since VFK wasn't updating the times).

I'm not sure we'll be answering IM's this time around.  Seems like too much dishonesty going on with racing.  If people don't want to play by the rules, then we will not be a part of it.  We never asked ONE PERSON for racing tips for the last race.  The tip to winning:  be the racer with the lowest time. 

There's also many ethical things we need to take into consideration.  Like last time, we will not run clones to load the winners list (as opposed to others we know who did).  We are allowed to run BOTH 'mod' AND 'stock' categories.  I think we will NOT do that.  Doesn't sound ethical to me.  However, we know that others will do it if we don't.  This is too complicated.

More rants later, I'm sure.  LOL.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 02:36 PM by flamanar »

SnowFall

• Barrel Chair
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2010, 03:52 PM »

Hope others get a chance to win first, second or third and also the pins

ScarlettPixie

• Having your friends vaporize
    you in laser tag.... Priceless!
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
  • Just another Scarlett Pixie....
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2010, 04:00 PM »

Thanks for the information Astro! hugs.

I don't race, just get those pins if they have them.

good luck to everyone racing!
ScarlettPixie

Push me too far, and I will sing like a canary.

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Purple Vice Admin
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2010, 04:38 PM »

I would like to see that there was a certain amount of time for practicing, and then, allow everyone one chance to race.  Much more like a real race.  They could keep track kinda like with quests, where you get told you've already run this quest.

That might also deter clones from racing, if some of the prizes won, were not tradeable.  I'd like to think that would level the field a bit.
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2010, 05:39 PM »

Hi Snowfall.  Welcome to NOBS.  :waveh: Take a moment and introduce yourself so people know you.  I think there's a section here for that, but it's been a long time since I was there.  lol.  Is Snowfall your VFK title?

In response to your post, EVERYONE has a chance to win ANY of the awards.  There are never any guarantees with these types of events.  I'm sure there will be plenty of clone-running, though...which will increase peoples odds of winning if they're using them.  It will also allow them to 'flood the list' with their players...nudging everyone else out.  The pins are tradeable (which I wasn't happy with from the start), so people can trade the pins from clone to clone...which frankly stinks.  People are trading for the pins so they can race in the modified race.  Another blech situation.

VFK I feel is dropping the ball on these races and items.  Personal opinion.  There is too many chances to 'game the sytem'.  I've already read posts by others who have said that they'd 'do anything to win'.  That pretty much sums it up, I think.  We will surely see the worst of people.  I think that was another rant, but I'm not sure....  :P

I know what you're saying, Duck.i, but people will run their 100 clones and each race will count as practice for them.  So even if they're allowed one lap per character practice, they'll keep on practicing with their other clones until they are excellent.  Add another blech.

But there is always a chance for others to win.  :) 
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 05:44 PM by flamanar »

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2010, 05:47 PM »

I usually freeze up during these racing/moving rooms/host races.  With that being said, I don't have a chance at even coming close to winning car races.  So, here is one little avatar no one will have to try to "beat"  :lolp:  Not going to even try these.

I would like to see that there was a certain amount of time for practicing, and then, allow everyone one chance to race.  Much more like a real race.  They could keep track kinda like with quests, where you get told you've already run this quest.

That might also deter clones from racing, if some of the prizes won, were not tradeable.  I'd like to think that would level the field a bit.

Ducky, I like your thoughts on this racing only once allowed; and the prizes not being tradeable.  :2thunbs:  Might help cut down on people trying to "fix" races a bit.

------
In any case, good luck to any that decide to race!

-----Edit:  I was hitting Save to Post this and THEN saw your comment right above mine Flame.   :lolg: But, I still don't have a chance to win!  :rofl1: :bighug:
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 05:51 PM by funfly »

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2010, 07:31 PM »

LOL.  Ok, ya got me there, Fun.  Seriously, for the racing-type events, you need a nice computer and fast connection.  If you are running an old computer or  have a slow connection, forget it.  You will have no chance at winning.  This is another of those events on VFK that tax a players computer/connection heavily.  I stand corrected. Thanks, Fun ;)

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
  • Purple Vice Admin
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2010, 07:45 PM »

I know what you're saying, Duck.i, but people will run their 100 clones and each race will count as practice for them.  So even if they're allowed one lap per character practice, they'll keep on practicing with their other clones until they are excellent.  Add another blech.

Sorry Flame, sounds like you got a bit confused at what I meant.  Practice all you want.  It's just "THE" race that you only get to do once per avatar. HTH

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2010, 08:03 PM »

Sorry Flame, sounds like you got a bit confused at what I meant.  Practice all you want.  It's just "THE" race that you only get to do once per avatar. HTH

Ok.  I'm still lost, but that should be no surprise  :lolp:

What I was saying was that the people with 100+ clones will not have a "THE" race.  They will have 100 "THE" races with each of their clones, and be able to trade the racing pins from clone to clone to clone...improving their times each time they race a new clone until they win on some clone that probably nobody has ever heard of. 

Someone did have a good suggestion tonight.  Have VFK freeze racing pin trading on race day.  That day, only the people who have the pins on can race that character...they can't trade them afterwards to their clones.  Good idea, I think. 

Did I still miss your meaning?  :??:

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2010, 08:14 PM »

I know what you're saying, Duck.i, but people will run their 100 clones and each race will count as practice for them.  So even if they're allowed one lap per character practice, they'll keep on practicing with their other clones until they are excellent.  Add another blech.

Sorry Flame, sounds like you got a bit confused at what I meant.  Practice all you want.  It's just "THE" race that you only get to do once per avatar. HTH

Ok.  I'm still lost, but that should be no surprise  :lolp:

What I was saying was that the people with 100+ clones will not have a "THE" race.  They will have 100 "THE" races with each of their clones, and be able to trade the racing pins from clone to clone to clone...improving their times each time they race a new clone until they win on some clone that probably nobody has ever heard of.  

Someone did have a good suggestion tonight.  Have VFK freeze racing pin trading on race day.  That day, only the people who have the pins on can race that character...they can't trade them afterwards to their clones.  Good idea, I think.  

Did I still miss your meaning?  :??:

I thought I was understanding everything until this post  :doh:

Why would they keep trading racing pins to their clones?  And is it only the people who won last time who have those racing pins?   But everyone can race without those pins too?

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2010, 09:56 PM »

I know what you're saying, Duck.i, but people will run their 100 clones and each race will count as practice for them.  So even if they're allowed one lap per character practice, they'll keep on practicing with their other clones until they are excellent.  Add another blech.

Sorry Flame, sounds like you got a bit confused at what I meant.  Practice all you want.  It's just "THE" race that you only get to do once per avatar. HTH

Ok.  I'm still lost, but that should be no surprise  :lolp:

What I was saying was that the people with 100+ clones will not have a "THE" race.  They will have 100 "THE" races with each of their clones, and be able to trade the racing pins from clone to clone to clone...improving their times each time they race a new clone until they win on some clone that probably nobody has ever heard of.  

Someone did have a good suggestion tonight.  Have VFK freeze racing pin trading on race day.  That day, only the people who have the pins on can race that character...they can't trade them afterwards to their clones.  Good idea, I think.  

Did I still miss your meaning?  :??:

I thought I was understanding everything until this post  :doh:

Why would they keep trading racing pins to their clones?  And is it only the people who won last time who have those racing pins?   But everyone can race without those pins too?

They would keep trading racing pins to each of their clones in an attempt to better their racing times with each successive clone.  Talking about the 'mod' category here, btw.  So they race the first race with clone A.  After that race, they trade the pins from clone A to clone B.  Clone B then races using the pins.  Repeat.  Each pin has a different property that enhances your cars abilities during a race.  So by running a ton of clones...switching the pins to each successive clone between races...they vastly increase their probability of winning.  It becomes a numbers game.

The racing pins (not the daily pins...the award pins)...sorry to say...they made tradeable.  Some people who were awarded pins last time (either through placing in the top 10 or by being 1 of the 10 random pin winners for that day) have traded their pins away.  Others have traded for the pins to acquire complete sets.  Some people don't have complete sets.  Some might have only 1 pin.  If you race with even 1 pin, you will be racing in the 'mod' category.  If you race with no pins, you will be racing in the 'stock' category.

Krazy_Kim

• Krazy like a Faux
    Put Down the Hammer
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2010, 10:29 PM »

Seriously, for the racing-type events, you need a nice computer and fast connection.  If you are running an old computer or  have a slow connection, forget it.  You will have no chance at winning.  This is another of those events on VFK that tax a players computer/connection heavily.

Geez, thanks for breaking my heart Flame and snapping me back to reality.  This is why I HATE WITH A PASSION race events.  It doesn't take into consideration people with slow computers.  I love collecting the pins too, but I will NEVER win a race with my computer.  :cry:  Ah well, good luck to you all and hopefully they will have a pin for each day, like they did last time, for just trying to race the course.  :pray:

:crazy2: Krazy_Kim :crazy2:
I like work! It fascinates me! I can sit an look at it for hours! ^..^

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2010, 11:23 PM »

Sorry Krazy.  You will get no BS from Flame.  I tell it like it is.  The truth is sometimes blech.  I don't sugar-coat and tell people what they want...or expect...to hear ;)  Reality sometimes bytes.  I'm also hoping for consolation prizes for those who race.

Btw:  Astro or any other mod/admin (sorry Duck.i, lol) feel free to move the clone talk to the private section if you feel it's too revealing.  Thanks :)
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 12:54 PM by flamanar »

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
  • Purple Vice Admin
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2010, 11:41 PM »

Btw:  Astro or any other mod feel free to move the clone talk to the private section if you feel it's too revealing.  Thanks :)

No need for anything in this thread to move.  It is fine where it is.

Mermaid Melusina

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2010, 11:21 AM »

I like the idea of a consolation prize for those who race and it doesn't have to be a consolation prize for every day.  A consolation prize for those who have completed all the races in the entire event would be nice.  Like something for acknowledging the effort to race.  It could be a pin, a black and white checkered racing flag would be awesome....anything...just a little something to encourage ppl who don't have a chance competitively, be it for many reasons, to look forward to doing the races.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 11:24 AM by Mermaid Melusina »

Flamanette

• Runs and locks herself in
    a room in order to build
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2010, 08:38 AM »

I like the idea of a consolation prize for those who race and it doesn't have to be a consolation prize for every day.  A consolation prize for those who have completed all the races in the entire event would be nice.  Like something for acknowledging the effort to race.  It could be a pin, a black and white checkered racing flag would be awesome....anything...just a little something to encourage ppl who don't have a chance competitively, be it for many reasons, to look forward to doing the races.

I so agree with this line of thinking!!  There are many reasons why a person might not be able to make the TOP of TOP list.  But to encourage participation, rather than discourage those who simply cannot race fast, I do think that something should be given for participation.  And who knows, by having that as an incentive, some ppl might surprise themselves and do better than they thought they might have been able to.

Here, here Fish.i for a most excellent suggestion!  I love the idea of a checkered flag sort of thing.   :clap1:

.it  :coffee2:

Mean people are like sandpaper. They may scratch you and hurt you, but in the end you come out smooth and polished and the mean person is just worn and ugly.

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2010, 11:26 AM »

I so agree with this line of thinking!!  There are many reasons why a person might not be able to make the TOP of TOP list.  But to encourage participation, rather than discourage those who simply cannot race fast, I do think that something should be given for participation.  And who knows, by having that as an incentive, some ppl might surprise themselves and do better than they thought they might have been able to.

Here, here Fish.i for a most excellent suggestion!  I love the idea of a checkered flag sort of thing.   :clap1:

At the same time, if there's not a consolation prize, the burden on their system will be WAY less because the vast majority of players will not bother to race.  Any time they give away stuff to everybody just for trying an event, you can bet that a million clones will be logging on to get the stuff.  So...no consolation prizes = less system bogging down, and less work for them :P

Flamanette

• Runs and locks herself in
    a room in order to build
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2010, 12:16 PM »

At the same time, if there's not a consolation prize, the burden on their system will be WAY less because the vast majority of players will not bother to race.  Any time they give away stuff to everybody just for trying an event, you can bet that a million clones will be logging on to get the stuff.  So...no consolation prizes = less system bogging down, and less work for them :P

^^^^  I SO hate it when he is right....sigh.    :madder:

.it

Mean people are like sandpaper. They may scratch you and hurt you, but in the end you come out smooth and polished and the mean person is just worn and ugly.

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2010, 01:26 PM »

^^^^  I SO hate it when he is right....sigh.    :madder:

.it

Hey...sometimes I hate it when I'm right, too.  :'(

Mermaid Melusina

« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2010, 07:16 PM »

Aww...true. Less work for them with no consolation prizes...I just want it to be fun for everyone!   :flwr:  :bighug:

I understand about burden on the system, but VFK should be prepared when they do events like this. Not sure what the percentage of the million clones with cars would be... but, if the reason for not giving consolation prizes is to avoid more people from racing so that people don't bother trying because there is nothing to win, then they are not prepared for this kind of event. We did survive the last racing event and everyone got a little something out of every race, so I will try the races and will remain hopeful for a little something....

:sur: That racing flag would still be nice!   :lolg:
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 07:42 PM by Mermaid Melusina »
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up