VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 6/16/2010 World Cup Fever and Easy Payment Options  (Read 4271 times)

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
6/16/2010 World Cup Fever and Easy Payment Options
« on: June 17, 2010, 08:19 PM »

World Cup Fever and Easy Payment Options
June 16, 2010 9:59 PM

http://www.smallworlds.com/?target=/2010/06/16/world-cup-fever-easy-pymts

Greetings citizens.  As you know, we've been doing some maintenance work in SmallWorlds.  This is mainly behind-the-scenes work to pave the way for the exciting new features coming up in our next version release.  (I've got no firm date for that yet, citizens, but you can be sure I'll be keeping my ear to the ground, and I'll update you when I can).

But as well as the maintenance work, the SmallWorlds team have put in place a couple of updates, which I'd love to tell you about.

World Cup Fever!

Today we're launching a new limited-edition package - World Cup Fever.  As well as 14,000 Gold, it comes with an amazing Rare item that's just perfect for the 2010 FIFA World Cup: a Soccer World Cup Beanbag!

What else would you want to sit on to watch any of the soccer matches that are on right now?  When I sat in one to watch the exciting game in which New Zealand's team (the All Whites) played, I really got into the spirit of it all.

A Perfect Gift for Father's Day

Don't forget that Sunday June 20th is Father's Day.  The beanbag from the World Cup Fever package would make the perfect Father's Day gift. Why not load some of the World Cup matches onto your in-world TV, ask your father to visit your space and invite him to sit right down on his very own World Cup beanbag?  He's certain to love it!

Don't Miss Out - It's Available for a Limited Time Only!

This Rare World Cup Beanbag will never be sold in stores. Rare items make a great investment as they usually increase substantially in value after they are no longer available for official purchase.

Remember, the World Cup Fever package is available for a strictly limited time. Don't miss out on yours!

UltimatePay & Ultimate GameCard

Have you experienced the frustration of not being able to purchase the items you desire, due to your geographical location? We've been searching for a solution for you and today that solution has gone in-world to make paying for items in SmallWorlds so easy.

Introducing UltimatePay

UltimatePay features over 85 different payment methods from 190 countries - you'll be able to pay by mobile phone, credit card, even cash! When you go to to make an in-world purchase, you'll notice different payment options on the "payment options" tab on the right; these change to give you the options relevant to your geographical location.

Paypal is still an option if you have a Paypal account, but you can also use UltimatePay to pay by credit card, mobile phone, or any of the other 85 payment options now available.

If you do pay by credit card, this will no longer go through Paypal, instead being processed via UltimatePay (which even remembers your credit card number for next time). Here's what you'll see when you select UltimatePay when making your purchase.

Ultimate Game Card

One of the Payment methods that I'd like to put a special spotlight upon on is the Ultimate Game Card.

Ultimate Game Card (known as 'the Ultimate in digital good payments') is a very handy card which you can purchase in a wide range of stores such as Walmart & 7/11. Click here to find out where you can buy one - they make a great gift! You can use your Ultimate Game Card just like you do a credit card; you can see it's one of the payment options in the image above.

New Front Page & Facebook Upgrade

Here's the new front page - don't you think it looks fantastic? It's so much cleaner and clearer, and I think it provides a wonderful new doorway into your favorite virtual world.  As a part of the new look, we've also ironed out an issue that had been affecting some citizens using the SmallWorlds Facebook Application.

Facebook Upgrade

Previously when you logged in using Facebook, logging out of SmallWorlds meant you were also logged out of Facebook. This issue will no longer occur.

If you'd like to use your Facebook account with SmallWorlds, simply go to the Share Panel in SmallWorlds and install the Facebook application.  Your Facebook friends will be added to your SmallWorlds account, making it even easier for you to stay in touch.

This will also mean that on the SmallWorlds login page, you'll be able to click the Login With Facebook button to log yourself into SmallWorlds - without having to enter your email and password.

Which Team are You Rooting for?

I certainly hope you enjoy watching the Soccer World Cup. I noticed this fun-sounding competition on the forums yesterday where you have to dress up in the colors of your favorite soccer team.  I thought I might enter, but when I headed to Smallwear, who did I find there getting dressed in his All Whites colors - yes, it was our very own sports reporter, Johnny Wilde.  His enthusiasm for the game unfortunately did not seem to be rubbing off onto Shelley.

Enjoy the Changes!

Well citizens, it's always a delight to update you with the latest developments happening around SmallWorlds. It seems that whenever I sit down for a well-earned rest, those developers call on the SmallWorlds Chronicle to communicate news of another exciting development out to you.

I think we can safely assume that this will continue, and that SmallWorlds will continue to be an ever-changing, dynamic and exciting virtual world - and as always the Chronicle team will be right here to tell you all about it!

~ Kent Kronkite

« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 01:29 PM by Happy »

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Pages: [1]   Go Up