VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: 5/22 Rules for Racing - Anniversary Celebration - Opening Motor Sports Practice  (Read 10541 times)

Aurorasparkle

• It is the most wonderful thing in the world to be a mom.
  • Fireworks Magic

I finally figured out why I can't seem to hit under the minute mark for my race times...it's my lousy computer.  My daughter can finish the races on her computer in about 40 seconds yet for me I probably average about 1 min. 10 sec at best on my computer.  I kept watching my daughter race and not seeing much difference in the way she was racing so I had her race on my computer and sure enough her race time was like mine.   I'm guessing those with really great times obviously have a better computer than me.  Mine is so slow and laggy at times.  Oh well maybe one of these days I'll get a better one.

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.

VFK is getting more and more demanding when it comes to your computers resources.  This means more and more losing in events like pizza races and the like.  Connection speed is important, too.  I found myself running slow a while back and checked with my ISP.  For some reason, my connection speed was halved.  -.-  After much wrangling, I got them to crank it up again. 

Slowness (lag) will only continue to get worse as time goes by.  This is inevitable...regardless of the game...which is a bummer, but a fact of computer life.  :waveb:

Start saving now for a new computer.  Many times, even those $400 laptops on sale are a HUGE improvement over what most people are still using.

Otherwise, turn EVERYTHING off that's running in the background that you don't need to have running while playing VFK.  Add more system RAM if your computer can accomodate more. 

Lots more you could do, but it's advanced stuff so I'll skip it.  Might not hurt to have your computer 'tuned up' at a place like Staples.  I think they're doing it for free right now in their latest ad.  Not sure what they do nor how good it is, but it's free.  Just don't let them try to talk you into buying a bunch of new stuff for your computer.  GL.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 11:33 AM by flamanar »
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up