VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: 5/22 Rules for Racing - Anniversary Celebration - Opening Motor Sports Practice  (Read 10542 times)

Krazy_Kim

• Krazy like a Faux
    Put Down the Hammer
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room

For those who would like to race alone, there is now a selection on the Open Roads map for Single Racers.

If you do not see this on the map, just refresh.

I tried once and froze sooooooooo bad right at the start line.  Also I never got to see a start button.

Can you do the single race in single-mode?  Otherwise I will NEVER get these pins.

:crazy2: Krazy_Kim :crazy2:
I like work! It fascinates me! I can sit an look at it for hours! ^..^

CoralHibiscus

• Nobody pay attention
    to my rear!!!
  • Bat Magic

I was on earlier today and raced, but know I can't seem to find my car.  :lolg:

EDIT: found it... after double clicking my pin about 1000 times.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 05:43 PM by CoralHibiscus »
  You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Still Soarin' :)

rofl :laugh2: , so tired of being car-jacked!   :sur:
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained

Woohoo I FINALLY got a response to any Help Report!   :yes!:

Anyway.. I asked if we still get the race pin for the day, if we race in the Single-Racer choice, for the Raceway -- as opposed to the Multi-Race choice.  YES you do!  This should help us I would think.  It does work, I just got a Day 1 pin from it. 

And for those that don't remember the first posting from VFK about these Races.  Each Day, as long as you complete a lap while joining a Multi-User Race or joining your Single-User race, you will get the pin. 

Aurorasparkle

• It is the most wonderful thing in the world to be a mom.
  • Fireworks Magic

I finally got it to work but I'm wondering for characters that don't have the car pin will they also eventually be able to get these pins or are they out of luck?

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained

I finally got it to work but I'm wondering for characters that don't have the car pin will they also eventually be able to get these pins or are they out of luck?

funny thing is, that was part of my question also in the same Help Report.  Because, I was wondering if people were on vacation, if it would be treated kind of like an epic quest type thing, and you just do your car laps when you return??  Or, you're pretty much out of luck and miss the pins??  I also questioned for people that didn't do the car quest yet.  Because a lot of players were saying they couldn't do their clones, because the car quest wasn't done.

VFK only answered part of my Help Report questions.  Which is above.  They didn't say a word about any of the rest.  Sorry, I tried guys.  Actually more than once.  I questioned this when the Racing Event was first released and got no answer then either.   :(

Aurorasparkle

• Fireworks Magic

funny thing is, that was part of my question also in the same Help Report.  Because, I was wondering if people were on vacation, if it would be treated kind of like an epic quest type thing, and you just do your car laps when you return??  Or, you're pretty much out of luck and miss the pins??  I also questioned for people that didn't do the car quest yet.  Because a lot of players were saying they couldn't do their clones, because the car quest wasn't done.

VFK only answered part of my Help Report questions.  Which is above.  They didn't say a word about any of the rest.  Sorry, I tried guys.  Actually more than once.  I questioned this when the Racing Event was first released and got no answer then either.   :(

Aww that's okay Astro thanks for asking all these questions.  I think I'll ask and see if I get a response.  I'll let you all know if I ever hear anything.

Aurorasparkle

• Fireworks Magic

Well I asked about those that have not yet completed the car quest if they would have a chance to get these pins or if they would be out of luck and the response was that "Transportation is a current epic quest series."  I guess they misunderstood my question. :(  I have sent another question being very specific so I'll wait and see if I get a better response this time.

On another note, how are people getting these races done in under 30 seconds?  I feel I am doing well...staying on the road and maintaining a decent speed and I'm nowhere near those times so I'm wondering how they are doing it.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 08:25 PM by Aurorasparkle »

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.

My understanding is that each day is a different pin awarded.  Epic quest must be complete before racing.  I'm not sure if you finish the epic quest at the end of the week if you can go back and get all the previously released racing pins.  I would have to guess the answer is 'no'...but I can't say with certainty.

Single player racing did yield pins.  Here's a tip:  you don't have to complete a race to get your pin.  Begin a race and drive into the grass and let your car sit there.  At 1:56, it gives you the option to close out of the race.  If you check you should have the pin without completing the lap.  Neat stuff ;)

Aurora:  drive very fast.  Stay off the grass.  Don't hit any trees or barriers.  Do the previous 3 things, and you should get a great score  :lolg:

Congrats Astro on a response.  I tipped them another 10-spot for ya ;)  LOL

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained

My understanding is that each day is a different pin awarded.  Epic quest must be complete before racing.  I'm not sure if you finish the epic quest at the end of the week if you can go back and get all the previously released racing pins.  I would have to guess the answer is 'no'...but I can't say with certainty.

Single player racing did yield pins.  Here's a tip:  you don't have to complete a race to get your pin.  Begin a race and drive into the grass and let your car sit there.  At 1:56, it gives you the option to close out of the race.  If you check you should have the pin without completing the lap.  Neat stuff ;)

Aurora:  drive very fast.  Stay off the grass.  Don't hit any trees or barriers.  Do the previous 3 things, and you should get a great score  :lolg:

Congrats Astro on a response.  I tipped them another 10-spot for ya ;)  LOL

Yep, I agree with you Flame.  I am going to also take a guess and venture to say that these pins are a 1 per day thing and then vanish.  I believe the dates were 5-22 thru 5-29 for pins each day.

Thanks for that tip too Flame, I didn't hear about that one yet!   :thumb:

ROFL!  :laugh2:   Well Thanks for your help there, with getting VFK to answer me then,  "Sugar Daddy"   ;)   It worked!

Aurorasparkle

• Fireworks Magic

You both are probably right about the pins.  I just wish they would have been very specific about this and it would have been nice to give people the heads up about getting the Transportation epic quest completed before...just a friendly little reminder.

Thanks Flame for the tips...those are good to know! :)

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.

LOL You're welcome to ye both :)

Yeah, there is a lack of specifics in most things involving VFK.

On a separate note, trying to race for the past couple hours.  What a mad house.  If you don't race in single racer mode, you get a mess of extreme lag and DC!  No joke.  Even on my trusted-and-true computer, I was lagging/DC'ing like no tomorrow.  Not sure that times in single racer mode count toward the 'top 10 racers' of the day (help report not responded to...).  If they don't, then it's a shame that people will lose out on placing high because of bugs.

Krazy_Kim

• Krazy like a Faux
    Put Down the Hammer

Anyway.. I asked if we still get the race pin for the day, if we race in the Single-Racer choice, for the Raceway -- as opposed to the Multi-Race choice.  YES you do!  This should help us I would think.  It does work, I just got a Day 1 pin from it. 

And for those that don't remember the first posting from VFK about these Races.  Each Day, as long as you complete a lap while joining a Multi-User Race or joining your Single-User race, you will get the pin.

Single-Racer mode was a God send for me because I was able to race even with lag.  I tried multi at first and couldn't even get around the first bend without freezing up and I even froze getting to the start line.  It gave me no pin so I was getting worried, but in single mode I got the pin so I was happy.

On another note, how are people getting these races done in under 30 seconds?  I feel I am doing well...staying on the road and maintaining a decent speed and I'm nowhere near those times so I'm wondering how they are doing it.

LOL Aurora, when I was in Single mode I raced and lined up for another.  When I was starting the second race and went over the line it said I finished the race in 00:02 seconds.  LOL, I thought wow what a great race!  :lol:

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
    • Our Family MySpace Page

Well, we missed all of the crazy fun earlier! I hopped on during the second service at church while our son was in his Jr. High group. Couldn't get a race to start and couldn't join. I just gave up. :lolg:

Luckily, they were still giving out pins after close, because King and the kids did not have theirs yet. We kept DCing on Google Chrome. Switched over to Explorer and seemed to do better. (or maybe it was just later)

Lots of bugs, but pretty fun! Except my car has a strange attraction to the grass... :lolg:
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

Aurorasparkle

• Fireworks Magic

LOL Aurora, when I was in Single mode I raced and lined up for another.  When I was starting the second race and went over the line it said I finished the race in 00:02 seconds.  LOL, I thought wow what a great race!  :lol:

LOL...maybe you'll get lucky and be in the top ten! :)

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.

Well, we missed all of the crazy fun earlier! I hopped on during the second service at church while our son was in his Jr. High group. Couldn't get a race to start and couldn't join. I just gave up. :lolg:

Luckily, they were still giving out pins after close, because King and the kids did not have theirs yet. We kept DCing on Google Chrome. Switched over to Explorer and seemed to do better. (or maybe it was just later)

Lots of bugs, but pretty fun! Except my car has a strange attraction to the grass... :lolg:

It did improve as the day/night went on...but not enough.  I ended up in a race with King last night.  I ended up in the lead...but then strangely DC'ed just before getting to the finish line.  I'm thinking King has some sort of 'gas ray' or something and got me... :sur:

Krazy_Kim

• Krazy like a Faux
    Put Down the Hammer

LOL...maybe you'll get lucky and be in the top ten! :)

LOL, that would be funny if it was.  I could tell everyone I had King's car cause his is 'gas' powered.  :laugh2:

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up