VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 5/22 VFK Second Anniversary Mini-Quest & Pizza Delivery Races  (Read 3714 times)

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • Still Soarin' :)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 06:45 AM by Astro »
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

ScarlettPixie

• Having your friends vaporize
    you in laser tag.... Priceless!
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
  • Just another Scarlett Pixie....
Re: 5/22 VFK Second Anniversary Mini-Quest & Pizza Delivery Races
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2010, 07:55 AM »

So let me guess, if they are not delivered in 30 minutes, the pizza prize is free? :rofl1:

Cannot wait to see this!
ScarlettPixie

Push me too far, and I will sing like a canary.

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2010, 10:41 AM »

Thanks Astro!  Gonna be a long and exciting day, for sure ;)

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2010, 08:54 PM »

Ok.  The pizza delivery races:  stanketh.  I got into Cactus's room.  By the time I won the race, Cactus had DC'ed  :hmm:

We waited around, and she eventually came back with Enigma.  They made us race again!!  I got beat the second time (of course), but fortunately they gave everyone a prize in the end anyways.  Sigh.  Got in 1 more time and won that race...and they awarded everyone a prize again!  The prize ended up being the same as the host prize which was given out earlier -.-  Whatever.  I'll never look at pizza the same way again.  :uhuh2:

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2010, 09:34 PM »

I'll never look at pizza the same way again.  :uhuh2:

You crack me up, Flame!    :rofl1:

I am sorry to hear that the event was a flop though.  :(  

Even more confused by the fact that Host Hunts always say a "Host Hunt Exclusive Prize", and well I guess it's not anymore.  Am I correct in thinking that?  Seems to hold true with the Flower Chairs and the Bunny Signs.  Which, whatever.  But, at least tell us VFK!  I just guess I would like to know if the prize IS going to be the same, do we bother waiting in queue with a chance to win it in a race....or go hunt for the host?  At least we'll have a choice then!  Would at least be nice to know.

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2010, 10:19 PM »

Even more confused by the fact that Host Hunts always say a "Host Hunt Exclusive Prize", and well I guess it's not anymore.  Am I correct in thinking that?  Seems to hold true with the Flower Chairs and the Bunny Signs.  Which, whatever.  But, at least tell us VFK!  I just guess I would like to know if the prize IS going to be the same, do we bother waiting in queue with a chance to win it in a race....or go hunt for the host?  At least we'll have a choice then!  Would at least be nice to know.

Lol.  Always pleased to be of amusement to others ;)

Yes, this is a problem.  Are the exclusive prizes not exclusive anymore?  Like you said:  do we hunt or wait in a queue for a race?  If they do give out the same exclusive items in BOTH host hunts AND host events...the economy of VFK could crash.  People will start hoarding items released up until the present because they will be worth more than the new 'not-so-exclusive' items...which will be worth next to nothing.  New items will have little to no trade value...making it difficult for new people to get items they don't have yet, or difficult for current players trying to gain items they haven't been able to acquire yet.  People will tire from the items because everybody else has one.

Disclaimer:  the above is my personal opinion.  And it's late ;)

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
    • Our Family MySpace Page
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2010, 02:15 AM »

Two Years!!! Wow!!! I was looking back at the old Beta threads (so glad we have those, by the way) and wow, have we come a long way!  :thumb: :2thunbs: Here's hoping for many more years of fun to come!!!  :drinkingtoast:
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2010, 06:27 AM »

Lol.  Always pleased to be of amusement to others ;)

Yes, this is a problem.  Are the exclusive prizes not exclusive anymore?  Like you said:  do we hunt or wait in a queue for a race?  If they do give out the same exclusive items in BOTH host hunts AND host events...the economy of VFK could crash.  People will start hoarding items released up until the present because they will be worth more than the new 'not-so-exclusive' items...which will be worth next to nothing.  New items will have little to no trade value...making it difficult for new people to get items they don't have yet, or difficult for current players trying to gain items they haven't been able to acquire yet.  People will tire from the items because everybody else has one.

Disclaimer:  the above is my personal opinion.  And it's late ;)

I do understand what you're saying Flame.  I do trade, a lot.  But I don't think I'm your typical trader either.  I give A LOT away, including host prizes.  I trade for a challenge, that might come from my VMK days.  I liked to try and find something I am missing or a friend might be missing.  Because in VMK I didn't play from the beginning, so I had a lot of catching up to do.  Thanks to Happy, I was able to finally get my "eye pin", and wear a "sparrow suit", before VMK closed.  Ducky was an awesome trader in VMK too, as she was sweet enough to accept many of my offers for rare VMK stuff too, yellow space suit comes to mind.  And Bright, with trading me an Invisibility magic I needed.  :hug:  I'm sure I'm missing many other players as well....

idk where I'm going with this, except that I do understand what you're saying with the whole trading market.  I think my problem mosting is communication from VFK.  It's always been communication with me. 

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2010, 11:03 AM »

I do understand what you're saying Flame.  I do trade, a lot.  But I don't think I'm your typical trader either.  I give A LOT away, including host prizes.  I trade for a challenge, that might come from my VMK days.  I liked to try and find something I am missing or a friend might be missing.  Because in VMK I didn't play from the beginning, so I had a lot of catching up to do.  Thanks to Happy, I was able to finally get my "eye pin", and wear a "sparrow suit", before VMK closed.  Ducky was an awesome trader in VMK too, as she was sweet enough to accept many of my offers for rare VMK stuff too, yellow space suit comes to mind.  And Bright, with trading me an Invisibility magic I needed.  :hug:  I'm sure I'm missing many other players as well....

idk where I'm going with this, except that I do understand what you're saying with the whole trading market.  I think my problem mosting is communication from VFK.  It's always been communication with me. 

Very true.  It's always been about communication.  Communication seems to improve...then it goes back to 'normal' again.  It's not by any means consistent.  Communication is absolutely essential in a game like this.  Every game I play communicates very effectively with their players...with the exception of VFK.  That makes me sad.

Let me also clarify that it's not the end of the world if there are no more truly 'exclusive' prizes in VFK anymore.  However, everybody plays these games for different reasons.  Some play strictly for the social aspect.  Some play for the trading challenge.  Others play for the building challenge.  The list goes on.  Some play for a mix of several different reasons. 

Drastically reducing the value of items in the game by flooding the game with those items will touch alot of people in a very negative way.  Others will not care about trading nor the value of items...which is cool, too.  Sadly, I feel VFK will lose those people who do care about item values, and who rely on them for trading (whether they're a habitual 'trader' or casul one).

Disclaimer:  the above is my personal opinion.  And I haven't had my coffee yet.  :P

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2010, 01:00 PM »

Very true.  It's always been about communication.  Communication seems to improve...then it goes back to 'normal' again.  It's not by any means consistent.  Communication is absolutely essential in a game like this.  Every game I play communicates very effectively with their players...with the exception of VFK.  That makes me sad.

Let me also clarify that it's not the end of the world if there are no more truly 'exclusive' prizes in VFK anymore.  However, everybody plays these games for different reasons.  Some play strictly for the social aspect.  Some play for the trading challenge.  Others play for the building challenge.  The list goes on.  Some play for a mix of several different reasons. 

Drastically reducing the value of items in the game by flooding the game with those items will touch alot of people in a very negative way.  Others will not care about trading nor the value of items...which is cool, too.  Sadly, I feel VFK will lose those people who do care about item values, and who rely on them for trading (whether they're a habitual 'trader' or casul one).

Disclaimer:  the above is my personal opinion.  And I haven't had my coffee yet.  :P

:coffee2: :coffee: :coffee3:  here ya go....I think perhaps more than one cup?  :bighug:

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2010, 02:21 PM »

:coffee2: :coffee: :coffee3:  here ya go....I think perhaps more than one cup?  :bighug:

Aww, thank ye, Fun.  Yer too kind :)  Keep it coming, plz  :hug:
Pages: [1]   Go Up