VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Host Hunt Changes...  (Read 3872 times)

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
    • Our Family MySpace Page
Host Hunt Changes...
« on: April 03, 2010, 06:52 PM »

I was checking a trade thread on VFKForums and found an interesting thread over there. Apparently, there was a Host Hunt earlier tonight and VFK made some changes.

Maybe we were just completely in the dark about this - it wouldn't be the first time.  :lolg: But, it seems that many people were doing the Host Hunts by simply typing in the Host Hunt phrase and holding down the enter button. I am not 100% sure, but it would seem you could have several screens going with those characters simply pressing enter the entire time. (I know I can do 2 mazes at a time because if I get one person on a straight path, I can switch screens and as long as I have the arrow pressed when I change screens, person 1 will continue to walk.)

Anyway, there are a lot of unhappy kids right now. Some talked about Host Hunts being their homework time and many are really upset that they will now have to "actually pay attention" in game. Really? I am actually glad VFK fixed this glitch. No wonder King and I never won Host Hunts.  :lolg: :sur: I really think this evens the playing field and I am glad VFK made this change.

I think this is much more fair to those players, like many of us here at NoBS who actually play the Host Hunt games the way they were intended to be played. King and I do not really try Host Hunts anymore. We miss most of them by not being on when they happen or we choose to do something else during a hunt. That's a choice we make and so I don't complain if we are missing those items. I can try to trade for them, do without, or sometimes receive them as gifts. We make that choice based on how we want to spend the time we do have in game. I, personally am glad to see that other players will need to make that choice too.

I was especially glad to hear this when I thought about our friends here who work so hard to earn those Host Hunt Items! I say Kudos to VFK for this change!  :thumb:
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
Re: Host Hunt Changes...
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 08:08 PM »

Couldn't have put it any better, Wendy!  Kudos and AMEN to that!

Apparently there was that secret, yes.  I also believe there were (still are?) people using 'outside programs' to automatically keep pressing the enter button as well.  Maybe even inputting the proper text and pushing the enter button in sequence.  Some of these kids are probably good at making macros and automated scripts to do this stuff.  Unfortunately, it's probably only a matter of time before they figure out another way to 'game the system'.

Pathetic.  If there's anyone who loves an even playing field, it's Flame!   :boxing:

Poor kiddies now have to work for what they want.  Shame on VFK...  :hmm:  LOL.  Gimme a break.

FLAME  <<--- :notme:
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 08:10 PM by flamanar »

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Still Soarin' :)
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 09:02 PM »

Wow, and usually Happy is the one a bit behind!   :lolg:    I am on this one, for sure!   :waveh:

I had no idea that is how these people were winning these things, was by holding down the enter button?   really?  good grief!  I seriously didn't even know about the maze trick either!   :shy:

Well Amen to that, if VFK fixed this for Host Hunts!  Wow!  idk even know how they would fix such a thing, or how kids got away with multiple screens trying this trick the old way ... but anyway, Yay!   :2thunbs:
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
    • Our Family MySpace Page
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2010, 10:13 PM »

I have to say, this does explain why you see so many of the same people winning SO much. Also explains the multitude of Guests winning and why certain players seem to have many, many Host Hunt Prizes.

Like I said, my first thought was, well now I know why we never win.  :lolg: My second thought was for friends we have who work hard to earn items in the hunts. My third thought, well, you don't want to know!  :-X :laugh2:

The maze trick is nice because I can usually coordinate 2 screens at once, clicking back and forth. I don't feel like I'm cheating because I'm still navigating through the maze on both screens. Sometimes it is actually more finger work, but it saves some time. But, it was that trick that helped me figure out how so many kids were using multiple screens or having their character pressing enter while not even being at the computer.

Hugs everyone! Happy Easter!
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!
Pages: [1]   Go Up