VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Welcome to 'Rant Time' with Flame  (Read 3828 times)

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
Welcome to 'Rant Time' with Flame
« on: March 23, 2010, 06:29 PM »

LOL.  Well I do have a rant.  It's about the whole garden blech stuff.  As most everyone in game knows, the garden is a hotspot for blechness.  HUGE problem area.  VFK has done little about the problem.  Until recently.

They've FINALLY started banning the garden blech people.   But not a total ban...just a ban from the garden!!  Now I've seen garden blech on the map, at Icetastic in the rink area, and during closing.  I've actually cut way back on attending closings because of incidents about a week ago at the street during the closing party.  First, a guest comes on the street and starts calling Vintage names and starts spouting bad language.  Eventually she booted the weirdo.  Then, there are apparently other garden blech who have chosen the street as their place to close.  So you have weirdos at close now, too.  While I was there, there was a fight over the TV between a couple people (Age eventually put it away), then there was a fight over the message board (Age eventually put that away, too).  Then a different garden blech person kept spamming Age asking why they were banned from the garden.  To top the night off, game closed and everyone DC'ed.  I was still there, obviously on my screen.  I looked at the bulletin board (which had been put BACK out) and was SHOCKED at the filth someone posted on it before game closed!  Needless to say, I reported it to staff.

This whole garden thing is getting out of control.  Now it's spreading to other areas of the game.  Because staff isn't banning the blech people from GAME...only from the GARDEN.  And so blech travels and spreads.  I really would like to know why VFK is SO hesitant to ban someone from GAME who truly deserves it?!  I am beyond baffled and disappointed that this is happening.  Closing is no longer fun with these weirdos hanging around now.  This is like a juvenile committing a crime, getting sent home to their momma, then they're out the back door right away committing a new crime! 

Sigh.  Why can't VFK accept their responsibility to protect families in game?  Why can't they give a blech person a suitable punishment?  A slap on the back of the wrist does nothing.  I've seen on another forum how people brag about getting banned.  It's fun.  Everyone needs to get banned at least once so they can feel accepted.  They laugh at what VFK does to them.  They come up with ways to get around their banning.

VFK is quickly becoming out of control.  There is not enough staff to deal with the problem people, IMHO.  And the staff that ARE there aren't doing enough to correct those people.  It will only get worse unless they clamp down on it.  Until then, our kids are at risk whenever they are not in a locked room.  Sad.

End of rant.

Flame
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 06:33 PM by flamanar »

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
  • Moderator of This Board
    • Our Family MySpace Page
Re: Welcome to 'Rant Time' with Flame
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 12:10 AM »

King saw your post earlier, Flame, but he wasn't logged in and we did not have time then to respond.

We are not in game or around as much lately to comment on most of the garden activity, etc. I can say, a few times late after closing, I have had to report someone who may have been causing trouble and they have been dealt with fairly quickly. The other night someone had a signature about being good under the covers or something, I reported it and within a few minutes it was changed to something more "family friendly".

We have not seen this behavior at closing parties, but after King read your post earlier, we decided to hop on for closing with Vintage on Main Street. We figured the best thing to do was to be there as more adult support for her at closing and it seemed to work. There was someone asking about their garden ban and King and I commented in support of staff and making better behavior choices, etc. There were a few other adults there and they did the same. Then we all changed the subject and it was dropped! Of course, he couldn't get a word in if he wanted to...  :lolg: between us all talking and the gas, it ended up being a fun closing.  :dance2:

Sorry you have had to witness some of this immature stuff in game, Flame. It can make things not fun when one person spoils things for everyone else. Hugs.  :bighug: Maybe we all need to get some locks for our garden gates?  :lolg:
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • Moderator of This Board
  • more laundry....
Re: Welcome to 'Rant Time' with Flame
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2010, 05:36 AM »

I seem to be extremely lucky in that I don't see this often. Mainly due to a little less time to play with rarely going and staying in 'the garden' nor on the maps.  And most times I have my own little eye closing parties  :sleep: instead of vfk closing parties.

Good idea Wendy, on adult support for staff at closing with your comments; I'm sure that helped.  On the rare occasions when I did go to Closing Parties I saw some good positive comments to help support staff - peer pressure works wonderfully that way too.
Pages: [1]   Go Up