VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2/12/2010 Mona Lisa Self-Portrait Competition Winners  (Read 2614 times)

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
2/12/2010 Mona Lisa Self-Portrait Competition Winners
« on: March 11, 2010, 07:37 PM »

(missed story)

Mona Lisa Self-Portrait Competition Winners
February 12, 2010 4:54 PM

Greetings SmallWorlds citizens. The polls have closed. You, the citizens of SmallWorlds, have spoken and we have our three winners! The talent that was on display was considerable, as always. Honesty and I have been checking in with the poll data on a daily basis - it's been very exciting.

Thank you once again to everyone who participated in the competition. There were so many great entries and again it was with much relief that we were able to hand over the final decision to the SmallWorlds community. If you'd like to see the story which featured all 15 semi-finalists, you can view the Chronicle article here.

Without further ado, I'd like to introduce you to our wonderfully talented winners.

Winner - Best Painting: Mrs Jassy

Mrs Jassy won a landslide victory in The Best Painting category - she received a total of 1,003 votes.  That number of votes also makes her our overall winner of the competition - which means she receives a total of 10,000 Gold for her win!  Congratulations, Mrs Jassy!

Kent: Mrs Jassy, well done to you for creating such a wonderful entry. As we can all see, you won by a lot of votes. How did it feel when you found you'd won?

Mrs Jassy: WOOOOOT!!! That's how I felt when I discovered I had won! Also, I felt so grateful to everyone who voted for me :) THANK YOU!!! Thank you SMALLWORLDS!!!

Kent: Have you been playing long?

Mrs Jassy: I've been playing SmallWorlds since January 15 2009...Just after the Snowfox was taken off the shelf...lol...I live in Montreal Canada...So if any of you start a conversation with me and you think I'm making a lot of typos...I have a good excuse..lol..I'm French.lol!

Kent: Tell me a little about your creative journey here on SmallWorlds?

Mrs Jassy: A couple of months after I started playing here...I discovered that drawing on the graffiti boards came easy to me...So I painted myself...(my avatar) and Zenzen Supernova saw it and ordered the very first Mrs Jassy Avatar portrait!! After that I had a list so long it took two graffiti board to write all the name of avatars I had to draw! LOL...I kept on bringing my price up...But they kept coming. I eventually never finished the lists..:(...I was longing to paint other things. And then Tin City and his wonderful EBAY came along and I had an other reason to paint again...And then your wonderful contest!!! I could not let an avatar painting contest go by without Mrs Jassy.

Kent: Where can we see more of your work?

Mrs Jassy: You can see my work all over the place...UAG..Ebay...The Bathroom again...Blaze's Art Inferno and so many more. Wheezy has even bought a couple of my pieces for her private collection...(What an Honor!) I also had the pleasure of painting her avatar portrait :)

Kent: I'm interested in what you like to do here on SmallWorlds? How do you like to spend your time?

Mrs Jassy: I paint, paint, paint, and I paint...And in my free time I hang with my real and fake life sister BadKitty, and we paint!!!

Kent: Well, it's something you are certainly very good at. Congratulations again on your fantastic entry - a well deserved win!

Winner - Most Creative: Christine Knight

Christine Knight swept away the prize for Most Creative Entry with a total of 983 votes.

Kent: Christine, my warmest congratulations to you on your win! How did you feel when you discovered you had won?

Christine: I was very excited! I'd joked with my friends that painting "Dogs Playing Poker" might give me a "leg up" in the competition (forgive me, I love puns), but I had no idea the theme would get such a great response. :D

Kent:How long have you been playing in SmallWorlds and where do you live?

Christine: I've been playing since Sept. 2009. I live in the USA, near Atlanta, GA.

Kent: How long did your entry take to complete?

Christine: It took a few days, but that's because I'm involved in several different projects, both here and in real life, so I had to struggle to get in the painting time I needed. Thankfully I got it done before the contest deadline! :)

Kent: Do you look anything like your avi in real life :- )  ?

Christine: She's a lot prettier than I am, lol! I do have dark hair, but my eyes are brown.

Kent: Christine, do you do a lot of artwork in SmallWorlds already? Where might we see more of your work?

Christine: Most of the art I've done so far is all over Smallworlds with different owners, but here's a few places to look: The Knight Gallery (my gallery), and the Knight Gallery Christmas Annex. My best piece to date is currently in the 2nd floor of United Artists Gallery (It's titled "Pegasus" and was in the Create Art "Myth" Show last month). And I have a new piece I hope to be able to auction with Ebay soon---It's titled "The Pool Room."

Kent: What do you like to do in SmallWorlds - how do you like to spend your time?

Christine: I love to visit my friends and to paint, but a lot of my time is also spent in working as Public Relations Officer for Paragon Plaza and our Monthly Art Competition. Sunnyd Rockon is our Chief Operations Officer; she's a real joy to work with and a terrific friend. Cheapin Dale and Clarice Racks manage our Thrift Shop, Hap Lo manages our Art Auction House, and Sunny manages our Donations Room. We have a great Board of Directors and some wonderful people who work as Judges. Everyone on our team is dedicated to promoting Art and encouraging up-and-coming artists---it's great to work with such amazing, dedicated people. And kudos to the artists---you guys rock!

Kent: It was a pleasure to speak with you, Christine - thanks so much!

Winner: Best Use of Color - Ibenezer Twilightlover

Ibenezer Twilightlover won the Best use of Color category by winning a total of 669 votes.

Kent: Congratulations, Ibenezer! You entry certainly got a lot of votes. It must have been very exciting to win?

Ibenezer: I felt really amazing when I saw I was in the Semi-Finalists. I never really thought I could get that far but I did and I'm glad. I feel really happy that they have chosen me to win and I thank all of you who voted for me! I've been playing in SmallWorlds for about 11 months and this is definitely one of the most exciting things to have happened!

Kent: Around how long did you spend on creating your entry? And, is it a true self-portrait?

Ibenezer: My entry didn't take much. It took like about 40 minutes to make. I do look like my avi in real life but not in the style of the hair. My hair is way longer but I tried to make her look like me!

Kent: Do you do a lot of artwork in SmallWorlds already? Where can we see some more of your work?

Ibenezer: Yes I have made a lot of different art works. I have sold some and I'd be really happy to share some with you. Anyone is welcome to come to my space to see more of them.

Kent: Thank you, Ibenezer, I'll be sure to come and make a visit sometime. Any tips for other SmallWorlds artists?

Ibenezer: Well I can tell all of you that painting is really awesome and you should try it sometime! I would recommend to you all: 1) Be creative, 2) Be yourself, 3) have enthusiasm for art, 4) always do the best you can, 5) make your greatest effort, 6) have a creative spirit, 7) passion for self-expression through art, 8) create and appreciate.

Kent:Thank you so much again, Ibenezer, and we hope you enjoy your prize!

The end of another successful SmallWorlds competition

Honesty and I would like to offer our most sincere congratulations to our three lucky winners.  Ibenezer and Christine have received an additional 3,000 Gold to bring their winnings up to 5000 Gold each.  Mrs Jassy has received a total of 10,000 Gold for being our overall winner! Yet again, it's been a simply wonderful competition and a lot of fun was had by all. We're looking forward to the next competition very much - watch the Chronicle (and the forums) for details!

~ Kent Kronkite
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 08:01 PM by Happy »

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Pages: [1]   Go Up