VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3/11/2010 Winter Sports  (Read 4218 times)

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
3/11/2010 Winter Sports
« on: March 11, 2010, 07:22 PM »

Winter Sports!
March 12, 2010 10:36 AM

Greetings SmallWorlds citizens, it's Kent Kronkite here with an exciting report on a fantastic new space here on SmallWorlds that I know you're going to have a lot of fun with!

The most recent Winter Olympics were held on February 12-28, 2010 in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. Approximately 2,600 athletes from 82 nations participated in 86 events in fifteen disciplines. I so enjoyed watching all those talented athletes pitting themselves against the snow and elements. A snowy winter scene is a beautiful backdrop for all those exciting and competitive events.

If like me, you had a hankering to try out a slalom run while watching the Winter Olympics, we've designed a fantastic experience for you here on SmallWorlds so you can experience just a little Winter Olympics excitement for yourself!

Visit the Winter Sports space in SmallWorlds

Citizens, you just have to come and try this for yourself, it's such a lot of fun! Firstly, you enter the Winter Sports space, and find the Snowboard and Ski Kiosk.

Peanut, the friendly NPC will greet you and ask you to sit at the bench of your choice. Once you've decided whether you'd like to make your way around the course on either a snowboard or a pair of skis, simply sit at the correct bench. Like magic, skis or a snowboard will appear on your feet, and you're ready to go.

The picture above shows me trying on both the skis and the snowboard. It was difficult to make up my mind which to try first! Once I'd decided on the skis, I had a tremendous lot of fun skiing around the course. Here's a picture of me on the slalom run.

As I swished around, I imagined myself as a competitor in a skiing event at the Winter Olympics. It made it quite exhilarating. Due to the fact that I was skiing alone, it was of course rather easy to win my race!

Complete the Mission & get your Rare Cup of Hot Chocolate!

We've got a fun mission in the Winter Sports space for you to do, and if you get to the end you'll get a steaming cup of Hot Chocolate. This is a Rare item which we're giving you for free.  

What's special about the Hot Chocolate is that it's reusable. That means you can drink it and it will still remain in your inventory for you to enjoy again and again.  Please be aware that this is the only consumable Rare item that is reusable - so don't try doing the same thing with any of your existing rares.

Mmmmmm - enjoying your Hot Chocolate is such a delicious way to end such a fun mission! We're only giving away the Hot Chocolate for two weeks, so make sure you come in, do the mission and get yours. It's an easy mission - just choose your skis or snowboard, complete the slalom run and go warm yourself by the fire. Oh, and watch out for the
Polar Bear NPCs!

Race Your Friends!

Come to the Winter Sports space with your friends and you'll have some fantastic fun racing each other. I wonder if Snowboards are faster than Skis? I'm not too sure, and of course there's only one way to find out... and I am sure you'll all have great fun doing so!

Skis and Snowboards: Exclusive to the Winter Sports space

As you make your way around the Winter Sports space, you'll notice a few new items you may not have seen before in SmallWorlds, items like Igloos and Ski Flags. For those of you wondering, you won't find these for sale in any of the SmallWorlds stores, they have been created specifically to add a special winter sport ambiance to the SnowPlanet space.

Also, the skis and snowboards are only available within the space. That means that when you leave, your skis and snowboards will stay behind. The next time you'd like to feel the winter wind through your hair, and the feel of snow crunching under your feet, they'll be right there waiting for you!

Warm yourself up again by the campfire!

When it's time to finish your run, it's just wonderful to sit down by the cozy fire and get nice and toasty again. If you've completed the mission, you'll get even cozier with your cup of hot chocolate.

I just know you'll all have lots of fun in The Winter Sports Space, one of SmallWorlds newest and most exciting spaces to visit. Remember, the Hot Chocolate will only be given away for two weeks, so make sure you visit soon!

~Kent Kronkite
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 08:23 PM by Happy »

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
Re: 3/11/2010 Winter Sports
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 08:21 PM »

I think it is really cool that users do not have to buy the skis and snowboards. 
So, even if you don't play SW often---Check it out!

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Pages: [1]   Go Up