VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2/15/2010 Contest: Become A Chronicle Reporter!  (Read 2534 times)

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
2/15/2010 Contest: Become A Chronicle Reporter!
« on: February 15, 2010, 04:12 PM »

Become A Chronicle Reporter!

Lately, I've become a big fan of The Friwi Review. It's "A weekly

It's "A weekly taste of SmallWorlds Places and Faces," written by Freedom Friwi and posted in the Forums. She's done three issues so far, and here are links in case you want to check them out: Issue 3, Issue 2, Issue 3.

In case you haven't seen it yet, here's just a small taste from Issue 2:

Each week I'll be on the hunt for interesting and funny pet thoughts.

Watch out! There's a dragon dog about! I knew it wouldn't be long until combobulation got out of control!

After reading Friwi's posts, I started wondering... Are there other talented people out there who'd give the Chronicle team a run for their money?

Competition: Become A Chronicle Reporter!

This competition is easy! Just upload your article / picture / funny snippet / or whatever to this forum thread.

If I publish your contribution in this column, you'll win 2000 Gold! I'll run the winners over the next few weeks in this column. Who knows, you might even get noticed by the Chronicle talent scouts and asked to contribute more often... stranger things have happened!

I'm hoping for something funny, informative and entertaining. Here's another example from Freedom's column:

You can also do a more serious article if you want to. You can review a mission or space, or even talk about your friends. Try not to make it too long, and it's a great idea to use a spellchecker if you have one.

This competition has no closing date yet, but I thought I'd let it run for a couple of weeks.

Happy reporting... and good luck!

- Harris

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
Re: 2/15/2010 Contest: Become A Chronicle Reporter!
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 04:13 PM »

More competition found here: http://forum.smallworlds.com/showthread.php?t=92740

This competition is easy! Just upload your article / picture / funny snippet / or whatever to this forum thread.

If I publish your contribution in my column, you'll win 2000 Gold!

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Pages: [1]   Go Up