VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1/18 Host Hunt going on right now (9pm EST)  (Read 2346 times)

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Purple Vice Admin
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!
1/18 Host Hunt going on right now (9pm EST)
« on: January 18, 2010, 06:06 PM »

Good luck!
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

ScarlettPixie

• Having your friends vaporize
    you in laser tag.... Priceless!
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
  • Just another Scarlett Pixie....
Re: 1/18 Host Hunt going on right now (9pm EST)
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 07:47 PM »

No luck here. I've had it with the clones.  :bm:
ScarlettPixie

Push me too far, and I will sing like a canary.

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • Moderator of This Board
  • more laundry....
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2010, 07:57 PM »

I've pretty much given up with these hunts.  Between the multiple clones winning, lag from so much activity, and the "lies"...well, I did a couple scavenger hunts and quests instead.

Yep Pix, I agree. Too many clones, and the minute you pop in a room some of them saying "You just missed host here" so that I "just" missed the host in the same room like 4 different times??!! Think not!  :uhuh2:

Congrats to anyone who can win them...

Flamanette

• Runs and locks herself in
    a room in order to build
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2010, 10:34 AM »

Fun, theoretically, it is possible to "just miss the host" over and over again....this really can happen if you use the fly around method; I have "just missed" the host a billion times!!  But I think you might be saying that EACH TIME you go back to a room, someone says "you just missed her"?

On the other hand:  I do see people all the time saying things like:  "host has already been here" to people who dare to come in and ask.  Sometimes I know very well that she has NOT, because I have been there since the start.  This is very bad form, in my opinion; these people who do this are getting more and more bold.  As are the people who purposely keep fairy or other magics on, or constantly friend request you (those are the ones who a have  partner in the room, actually playing the hunt while the other is trying to distract you...).

.it

Mean people are like sandpaper. They may scratch you and hurt you, but in the end you come out smooth and polished and the mean person is just worn and ugly.

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • Moderator of This Board
  • more laundry....
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2010, 02:05 PM »

Fun, theoretically, it is possible to "just miss the host" over and over again....this really can happen if you use the fly around method; I have "just missed" the host a billion times!!  But I think you might be saying that EACH TIME you go back to a room, someone says "you just missed her"?

On the other hand:  I do see people all the time saying things like:  "host has already been here" to people who dare to come in and ask.  Sometimes I know very well that she has NOT, because I have been there since the start.  This is very bad form, in my opinion; these people who do this are getting more and more bold.  As are the people who purposely keep fairy or other magics on, or constantly friend request you (those are the ones who a have  partner in the room, actually playing the hunt while the other is trying to distract you...).

.it

I could understand "just missing" if I were to go to different rooms each time.  But this was not the case....I was doing quests and/or scavenger hunts where it took you to the SAME room, (King Arthur's room for example) and each time I entered my main or spares to that SAME room the person said "you just missed the host, congrats winner" - yet that same person stayed in that room.  I am thinking that same person stayed and said that each time someone entered in hopes of removing any and all competition for that particular room. And the person's theory was working in a way as I would see some enter, see the statement and then leave or ask again if host had been there. The person yes, just missed host.

Along with this type of behavior and the ones you stated, well, that is what has become of these so-called "fun" host hunts.  Some of these "clones" are "out for blood" in hunts.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 02:09 PM by funfly »

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2010, 03:35 PM »

No doubt, Fun.  It's getting pretty crazy out there with the intimidation and unethical 'techniques'.

We had a player in a room last night with a couple other people.  One guy told our girl player that he wanted to...um...be intimate with her (paraphrasing there lol).  He was reported, but never got booted.  Sigh...

I was in a room the other day and a guy came in and said "host has already been here".   Yet he stayed.  I just went "uh huh" and clicked the 'ignore' button ;)  Weirdo.  It's a shame some people would listen to that and leave.

Flamanar
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 03:38 PM by flamanar »
Pages: [1]   Go Up