VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1/15/2010 Top Tips for New Citizens  (Read 2635 times)

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
1/15/2010 Top Tips for New Citizens
« on: January 15, 2010, 06:35 PM »

will add pics as time permits.
Top Tips for New Citizens
January 15, 2010 11:11 AM

Hey there. I happened to overhear some of the guys here at SWHQ talking about all the new citizens that have been signing up lately.  I was amazed to learn just how popular SmallWorlds is getting.  This is one happening place!

It got me wondering just what info would be most useful to newcomers. First of all, a big friendly WELCOME to you! I hope some of the information below helps you enjoy SmallWorlds even more.

The Top 3 Questions Asked by New SmallWorlds Citizens

I caught up with Sunny Daze, who's one of our moderators. For those of you who may not know what a moderator is, we have both Moderators and Helpers here on SmallWorlds to keep it fun and safe for everyone, as well as answering any questions you might have. The best place to find a Helper is at The Info Hub.

All Mods and Helpers wear gold capes and have either a "+" or an "M" floating above their heads so they're easy to spot. Sunny shared with me the top three questions she and her team get asked by people new to SmallWorlds:

1 - How do I earn Gold or Tokens?

There are lots of ways to earn Gold in SmallWorlds.

1 - You can visit The Factory and complete offers which give you SmallWorlds Gold in return for the 'work' you do.  Easy!

2 - You can invite friends into SmallWorlds and be rewarded with CP points as well as Gold.  Citizen Points are really useful to start building up - CP's give you Citizen Levels, which are the most important attribute your avatar can have.  You even get a cool title, like Knight/Dame or even Grand Duke/Duchess!.

3 - You can complete Missions to earn tokens - click on the Missions icon in-world at the bottom of your screen - it looks like an Indiana Jones hat. There's a huge range of really fun missions to play.

4 - Buying SmallWorlds Collectibles and sitting on them for a few months is another great way to make money.Here's an article which will tell you all about it!

Oh and by the way, if anyone offers you a job in-world, please be aware that there are no paid positions in-world, and they will probably just be trying to scam you out of your tokens or Gold! See 'Citizens Beware' (below) for more info on scammers.

2 - How Do I get Clothing?

Currently you dress your avatar within the avatar builder, the place where you first design how your avatar looks.

But that's changing soon, and you're about to have some more wardrobe options! We're all waiting with great excitement for the new SmallWorlds clothing store which is opening shortly.  Watch the SmallWorlds Chronicle for details.

3 - How do I get a Pet and teach him tricks?

Wouldn't you like to adopt your very own dog or cat and teach them tricks? If you want them to follow you around everywhere, you'll need to sign up for VIP, otherwise your pet is limited to hanging out at your home space. You can teach your pet tricks like "follow", "jump", "spin", even "chase tail" - and there's lots more too! Read this page  - it contains some great information about training your pet.

The Info Hub & Landing Pad

The SmallWorlds Info Hub is the best place to go find a helper and get your questions answered. Helpers have a "+" sign floating above their heads and a gold cape. Don't forget to say Hi to "Helper Barbie", our robot receptionist... she is a little limited in the conversation department, but she means well!

The Landing Pad (pictured above) is an essential stop-off place for new citizens. If you do the Landing Pad missions you have a huge advantage - they're designed to help you understand all the different facets to playing SmallWorlds. You'll have a lot more fun once you're in the know!

The SmallWorlds Forum

The SmallWorlds Forums are a great place to go visit. Here's three good reasons:

1 - Info: They are chock-full of really interesting information on everything from Competitions, Groups to join, Missions to play (including how to build them!), and a whole lot more.

2 - Meet New Friends: The forums are really fun to participate in! You can meet some great people on there, and then hang out with them in-world!

3 - Ask Questions: Ask about anything you are confused about - you can start a new thread about anything, anytime! The SmallWorlds community is really helpful and friendly, and your questions will always get answered either by a fellow citizen or one of our mods or helpers.

Citizens Beware

Unfortunately, just like in RL, there are SmallWorlds citizens who will try to take advantage of you if you let them - so please be careful out there.

Phishing / Scamming

We've written a page in the Chronicle about staying safe, and we urge you to read it. If anyone ever asks you for your log-in or email, and offers you Gold or tokens for sharing it - THIS IS A SCAM. Do not believe them, and do not share your details with anyone. The most recent phishing scam we've heard of is where a few citizens are saying "I know Dan SmallWorlds and if you give me your log-in details / email he will send you Gold". This is a scam. You can report the citizen by clicking on their avatar and clicking on 'Report This User'. We appreciate any help we can get to stop this kind of stuff happening!

Have Fun!

To all new citizens, I'd like to offer you a really big welcome from all of us on the Chronicle team! We're here every week serving you up the latest in-world news. Speaking of the Chronicle, there are lots of really helpful pages in the Help and Tips section; please check them out sometime.

If you're after some serious fun, I can personally recommend our Gaming Arenas.  Why not try your hand at SpaceJump Rookie or Run Zombie Run?  There's something for everyone here on SmallWorlds.  I'm really glad you've joined us!

~ Johnny WIlde

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Pages: [1]   Go Up