VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: New Maze Items Ice Panels  (Read 24854 times)

Aurorasparkle

• It is the most wonderful thing in the world to be a mom.
  • Fireworks Magic
Re: New Maze Items Ice Panels
« Reply #68 on: February 01, 2010, 08:06 AM »

Yes, there is a small seal and a small penguin.  Sorry for not updating this list....

As to whether there will be a large bear: if one comes out in the new scavenger hunt hunt later today, then you can probably put money on it being in the maze.  I am really, really disappointed in how VFK has done these maze prizes lately.  I guess it all started with the "cracked tiki wall".  That was the first maze that had an uber rare prize.  It was followed by the adobe walls: that had 2 uber rare prizes (the window and the step).  I forget if there was before the turret mess...

It seems each time they bring a new maze out, they are putting more of the rare stuff; people are becoming slaves to the maze, shame shame VFK...very disappointed indeed.

.it

Oh No just more to worry about getting!!!...can I scream? AHHHHH!!!!  I think it's okay to have items that aren't as common but to make things so unattainable, it is so frustrating.  I'm an adult and I've been going crazy with these mazes for me and my daughter.  I have literally spent practically every moment that I've been available running these crazy characters through these mazes in hopes that I can at least get one of each of these for me and my daughter but it's looking very unlikely (and I've gone through hundreds of times now).  I would think with as many times as I've gone through I would have more than I do so I can't imagine what it must be like for our kids who have school all day, homework etc.  How are they even expected to get even a few of these items?  I think VFK needs to rethink these mazes.  I don't expect to get an ice animal all the time but the percentages should be a little higher than they are.  For example I spent Saturday going through the whole day and did not get one ice animal with any of mine or my daughter's characters.  I really have a better chance at winning the lottery at the rate this is going!
Okay I'll quit whining now! Sorry

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #69 on: February 01, 2010, 10:38 AM »

Yes, there is a small seal and a small penguin.  Sorry for not updating this list....

As to whether there will be a large bear: if one comes out in the new scavenger hunt hunt later today, then you can probably put money on it being in the maze.  I am really, really disappointed in how VFK has done these maze prizes lately.  I guess it all started with the "cracked tiki wall".  That was the first maze that had an uber rare prize.  It was followed by the adobe walls: that had 2 uber rare prizes (the window and the step).  I forget if there was before the turret mess...

It seems each time they bring a new maze out, they are putting more of the rare stuff; people are becoming slaves to the maze, shame shame VFK...very disappointed indeed.

.it

Oh No just more to worry about getting!!!...can I scream? AHHHHH!!!!  I think it's okay to have items that aren't as common but to make things so unattainable, it is so frustrating.  I'm an adult and I've been going crazy with these mazes for me and my daughter.  I have literally spent practically every moment that I've been available running these crazy characters through these mazes in hopes that I can at least get one of each of these for me and my daughter but it's looking very unlikely (and I've gone through hundreds of times now).  I would think with as many times as I've gone through I would have more than I do so I can't imagine what it must be like for our kids who have school all day, homework etc.  How are they even expected to get even a few of these items?  I think VFK needs to rethink these mazes.  I don't expect to get an ice animal all the time but the percentages should be a little higher than they are.  For example I spent Saturday going through the whole day and did not get one ice animal with any of mine or my daughter's characters.  I really have a better chance at winning the lottery at the rate this is going!
Okay I'll quit whining now! Sorry

There's nothing wrong with 'venting' as long as it's not constant.  You'll see others vent here from time to time...although you'll never hear it coming from me   :notme: :notme: :notme: LOL.  jk ;)  This place is a Godsend to those of us who need a place to speak our minds. :)

Really, you almost stand a better chance of getting hit by lighting on a sunny day wearing a full-body rubber suit than getting some of these ice sculptures.  I think alot of people have given up on them altogether.

Flamanar

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
  • Moderator of This Board
    • Our Family MySpace Page
« Reply #70 on: February 01, 2010, 01:44 PM »

Yep, Flame, you can add us to the "given up altogether" crowd.  :sur: I will run us through if we are on for something else, but stopped running clones through a while ago.

When VFK began, our goal was to get just one of everything. It seemed possible at first, but now the only way to do this is to get really lucky or spend all of your life on the computer. (Something I know none of us here at NoBS want to do)

I hope everyone mazing is able to capture all of these critters! Sending pixie dust your way!  :bw:
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #71 on: February 01, 2010, 02:37 PM »

Yep, I joined the "given up altogether" crowd a bit ago  :wavet:

Decided not worth the carpal tunnel, buggy eyes, nor no outside life...of constant maze runs in hopes of whatever prizes they've thrown in the mazes.  If they were giving out the "prizes" at better odds...maybe I'd try a little--but for now it has become discouraging to try so much.

- hands out "Given Up Altogether" buttons -  :lolg:

Krazy_Kim

• Krazy like a Faux
    Put Down the Hammer
« Reply #72 on: February 01, 2010, 03:45 PM »

I think my Mom is in the same boat, unlike me, my Mom has won NONE of the sculptures.  Absolutely, positively none.  I did get double of the small fox so I gave it to her, but still it isn't fair for her to go through the maze as much as I have and still get nothing.  Oh well, at least she has the one I gave her.

I too am trying to get one of each, at least a set to give to my Mom, but I can only hope.  Good luck all!

:crazy2: Krazy_Kim :crazy2:
I like work! It fascinates me! I can sit an look at it for hours! ^..^

Cloudymellowdisco

• Disco Here, Datco There
  • Teleport Magic
« Reply #73 on: February 01, 2010, 07:07 PM »

I'm sooooo glad to hear I'm not the only one who's "given up" on the mazes!  I wish VFK would rethink their strategy.  I agree with Princess and Fun that we will not let VFK dominate our lives in the real world.  Life is much too precious!!!

Aurorasparkle

• Fireworks Magic
« Reply #74 on: February 01, 2010, 09:09 PM »

There's nothing wrong with 'venting' as long as it's not constant.  You'll see others vent here from time to time...although you'll never hear it coming from me   :notme: :notme: :notme: LOL.  jk ;)  This place is a Godsend to those of us who need a place to speak our minds. :)

Really, you almost stand a better chance of getting hit by lighting on a sunny day wearing a full-body rubber suit than getting some of these ice sculptures.  I think alot of people have given up on them altogether.

Flamanar

I've been so guilty of venting a lot on this thread about this maze thing.  I guess I find myself wanting to do everything I can to get these little animals for my daughter mostly (okay and myself too! :))  What we will do for our children.  I hope that VFK will reconsider how they do these mazes.  I know as adults we are very frustrated with what has happened but I'm mostly upset with how this is for the kids.  It's very unattainable.

I think I'm just going to calm down about it now and just go through the mazes when I can.  I too agree that life is much too precious and this really is just a game.  There are so much more bigger things in life than to worry about these animal sculptures.

Maybe when this is all over and done with, we can all see if any of us have any duplicates of anything (lets hope so :pray:) and we can make some trades or gift to those that were not fortunate enough to get as many. 

Flamanar you are are so right about this place being a Godsend.  I'm so glad to be here. :)

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #75 on: February 01, 2010, 10:32 PM »

Best thing we all can do is make our voices heard to VFK.  When everyone gets a spare moment or 3, send in a help report stating your dissatisfaction with the rarity of the maze prizes (I'm being kind using the word 'rarity' ROFL).  If enough people ask them to rethink this mess, they might actually do something about it :)  I've always had the philosophy that I can't complain about change unless I've made my opinion known to those who can change things first!  Yeah...what do I know.  :hmm:

Best of luck to those 'maze trolls' who are trying to get those ever-elusive ice animals. LOL I feel it's really impossible to get them all unless you have help and more than one computer.  Having a good system in place to run groups through helps.  Oh...and a HECK of alot of luck!

And no need to feel guilty about anything, Aurora.  We love having you here, too :)  Feel free to vent whenever you need ;)  Usually you won't be alone in your venting!   :soccer:

(hugs)

Flamanar
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 10:35 PM by flamanar »

Aurorasparkle

• Fireworks Magic
« Reply #76 on: February 03, 2010, 03:39 AM »

Best thing we all can do is make our voices heard to VFK.  When everyone gets a spare moment or 3, send in a help report stating your dissatisfaction with the rarity of the maze prizes (I'm being kind using the word 'rarity' ROFL).  If enough people ask them to rethink this mess, they might actually do something about it :)  I've always had the philosophy that I can't complain about change unless I've made my opinion known to those who can change things first!  Yeah...what do I know.  :hmm:

Best of luck to those 'maze trolls' who are trying to get those ever-elusive ice animals. LOL I feel it's really impossible to get them all unless you have help and more than one computer.  Having a good system in place to run groups through helps.  Oh...and a HECK of alot of luck!

And no need to feel guilty about anything, Aurora.  We love having you here, too :)  Feel free to vent whenever you need ;)  Usually you won't be alone in your venting!   :soccer:

(hugs)

Flamanar

Definitely agree we need to make our voices heard to VFK and thanks Flamanar for your kind words.  

The math side of me wanted to see how my chances have been with getting these animals.  I am completely embarrassed to say my daughter and I have gone through these mazes almost close to 1000 times (with me doing all the characters the majority of the time).  We are averaging total together about 1 ice animal per 50 times through the mazes and the actual percentage is 1.96 percent.  My chances have also been a little bit better than my daughter even though we have gone through about the same amount of times.  Of course the mom in me is going to make sure that she ends up with the ice animals she wants even if it means giving up mine.  I think there are still 4 animals I need (assuming there are 12 total animals to get...I hope there aren't anymore.).  I know I do have a couple extras that I'll have to trade or gift once I figure out what my daughter still needs.  This is the first time I've really cared to spend so much time on these mazes and I think this will be my last unless VFK ups these percentages.  I think I will definitely be letting them know my feelings and how the average kid with school all week has such a slim chance at even getting one of these animals.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 03:41 AM by Aurorasparkle »

Flamanette

• Runs and locks herself in
    a room in order to build
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #77 on: February 03, 2010, 06:05 AM »

Aurora:

Please don't feel embarrassed here!   :hug:  If 100 times is embarrassing, then there are those who of us who would be WAAAAAY more embarrassed than that (don't worry Flame, I won't tell on us   :notme: )  , and we still can't get the items we need!  We have 3 active players in our house Flame, myself, and our oldest.  The youngest one doesn't quite get as involved, although she is gradually.  So essentially we have 3-4 mouths to feed!!  UGH.

I wish you the best of luck in the mazes; I truly hope they leave this maze up a while (AND loosen up the odds) so that all our families have a chance at getting some of these little critters.

Flame is right however: we need to raise our voices loud and clear to VFK.  The funny thing is, if you ask them, they will say that the program is operating correctly, the animals ARE being awarded, blah blah blah.  BUT: this reminds me of the whole ride award fiasco when we kept getting told the the "program" was working and prizes were being awarded.  After MONTHS of complaints and questions from those who were supposed to recieve the prizes, it occurred to someone to actually check said program.  And guess what: they found that "the program" had NOT done it's job....DOH.

Anyway, hang in there everyone who is trying to do this maze:  we will overcome!

.it

:gns:

Mean people are like sandpaper. They may scratch you and hurt you, but in the end you come out smooth and polished and the mean person is just worn and ugly.

PrincessWendyBird

« Reply #78 on: February 03, 2010, 12:43 PM »

Hugs Aurora!  :bighug: Nobody needs to feel bad about choosing to run the mazes. Just as you need to vent about running them, people who have decided to give up have been able to vent as well. I know we all understand from the days of VMK how much we all want to have these cool items to use, especial for our kiddies.  :)

I think it was KrazyPete who said one time during the VMK days that we are all like a bunch of alcoholics meeting at a bar... :lolg:

Again, good luck to everyone still mazing.  :thumb: I am off to shop for Valentine items and then real life calls as I prepare Valentine Party crafts for our Brownie meeting. Hugs Everyone and Good Luck!  :kiss2: :hug:

Krazy_Kim

• Krazy like a Faux
    Put Down the Hammer
« Reply #79 on: February 03, 2010, 01:58 PM »

Hey Aurora, maybe this will make you laugh a bit.  My Mom just FINALLY got an Ice Animal (Yay Mom), but the funny thing is is that it is an animal I already gave her.  I had won two Small Foxes before and gave her one and now she won a Small Fox.  LOL  Oh well, they are very cute and I am happy to say I won a Large Fox this morning so its all good.

If anyone wants to take a pic of the Large Fox for the topic here let me know ok?

:crazy2: Krazy_Kim :crazy2:
I like work! It fascinates me! I can sit an look at it for hours! ^..^

KrazyPete

• Cactus Seat
« Reply #80 on: February 09, 2010, 08:52 AM »

I think they may have adjusted the odds of winning an ice sculpture. I got nothing but panels and corners until the last few days. Now I have three sculptures. I don't run through the mazes very often so maybe I've just gotten lucky. I thought I'd throw it out here and see if anyone else has noticed a change.  :2thunbs:

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #81 on: February 09, 2010, 10:14 AM »

I think they may have adjusted the odds of winning an ice sculpture. I got nothing but panels and corners until the last few days. Now I have three sculptures. I don't run through the mazes very often so maybe I've just gotten lucky. I thought I'd throw it out here and see if anyone else has noticed a change.  :2thunbs:

Thanks Pete!  We'll run a group through later and test it.

Flamanar
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 08:19 PM by flamanar »

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #82 on: February 09, 2010, 08:18 PM »

They apparently did change the odds.  We won 1 sculpture in every 10 runs tonight.  Ran 100 runs total.  Light years better than 1 sculpture in every 100-300+ runs.

This both pleases me and ticks me off.  Too bad for the people who spent SO much time initially trying just to get 1 sculpture.  Now the mazes are spitting them out like candy.

I had a feeling this would happen.  VFK tends to not listen initially to things like this.  We kept hearing things like "the prizes are in there, you just have to run it more".  Didn't matter that we would tell them that...um...we just ran 300 runs and got NOTHING. 

Now they change their minds thinking it will make people happy.  Weeks after the fact.  Unfortunately, now it is too late and only makes those who worked the hardest mad and upset.  Will they never learn?

Thanks Pete.

Flamanar

PrincessWendyBird

« Reply #83 on: February 10, 2010, 10:08 AM »

Well, the good news is, with better odds I might try for a few ice sculptures.

The bad news is, sorry to those who have been working so hard mazing when the odds were not so good. :bighug: Hopefully, some of you can get doubles or more now.

Aurorasparkle

• Fireworks Magic
« Reply #84 on: February 10, 2010, 01:23 PM »

Even though I went through the mazes like crazy, I'm glad the odds have improved.  That 2 percent chance was ridiculous!  I stopped going through the mazes for a couple days, I guess I'll try and go back through them again and hope I can get the ones I still need.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up