VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 12/13/2009 Christmas Shopping With Honesty  (Read 2632 times)

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
12/13/2009 Christmas Shopping With Honesty
« on: January 02, 2010, 07:50 PM »

Christmas Shopping With Honesty

December 13, 2009 10:15 AM

Hello citizens. How are you going with your Christmas Shopping list? Perhaps you're a little like me and get so busy you leave it until the very last week? Well this year I wanted to get more organized, so I took a trip in-world to get my shopping done early - after all, Christmas is only just around the corner.

The great thing is, with Double Gold Payouts on offers having just been extended, it's made it so easy to afford every single item on my Christmas shopping list! I can go into the Factory whenever I like and earn some more Gold. If you have yet to give either Peanut Labs or SuperRewards a try, now is a great time to do it.

How to Send a Gift to a Friend

It's so easy to give Christmas presents to your SmallWorlds friends. First, visit one of the many excellent SmallWorlds stores and choose the perfect gift (I've given you some tips on gift-buying below, to help you with this part). Then to send your gift, it's a simple 3-step process:
1 - Click on your Inventory. 2 - Click on the item you want to gift and 3 - Click on "Gift item to friend".

Next, you'll be asked to 1 - select a recipient from your friends list, 2 - write a personal message and 3 - choose a gift wrap.

To finish up, you'll be asked to write an "unwrap message". This is what will pop up when your friend unwraps your gift, and this is also where you get to specify the unwrap date.
I'm giving out my gifts now, with an unwrap date of the 25th. It means my friends can put the wrapped gift under their Christmas tree - and spend plenty of time wondering what it could possibly be!
As you can see, gifting is easy as 1-2-3. Now, onto the bit that takes a bit more time and thought - choosing the gifts.

Let's Go Shopping

Perhaps you're thinking of giving someone a gorgeous antiquity from Sands of Time, or maybe something more contemporary from the Modern Living retail park. You could even give someone a Palm Tree (yes, we've worked out how to package one into a gift box!). In fact, if you look at the wonderful wide range of stores we have here on SmallWorlds, there's bound to be something for everyone you know. Simply click on "Places" and then "Shops".

I went and bought some spells from Mysterio's as "stocking fillers", and then with the Gold I'd saved up from doing offers I splashed out a little and bought a couple of weapons. I bought a high level one for a certain someone I know who's a keen PVP gamer (I think it will inspire him to level up some more - not that he'll need that much encouragement!). I also bought a couple of very nice antique furniture items for friends, and a Fast Draw machine from Dan's Imports. There's a great range to choose from!

Tips on Gift Buying

When it comes to gift-giving, it really is the thought that counts. A great gift demonstrates that you've given some thought to what the person might like, and his or her interests. If you're not sure where to start, try the following:

1 - Pay Attention
The best gifts are the most thoughtful gifts. Consider the person on your list. What does he or she like? What will make that person feel like he or she is appreciated and not just a chore to cross off a list?

2 - Go Snooping
Find out what he or she most likes to do on SmallWorlds. How do they like to spend their time? Check out your friend's XP stats for some clues as to what they are most into. An enthusiastic artist would probably love a blank canvas. If you friend has extensive gardens or an island, a couple of Palm Trees could be appreciated! A gamer could love a new weapon, and spells are always fun to give as gifts too.

3 - Ask a Third Party
If you're still feeling confused about what to get, ask the person's other friends what they think he or she might like.

SmallWorlds Presents for Your Real World Friends

Do you have RL friends that aren't on SmallWorlds yet? Wouldn't it be fun if they joined you here? Why not send them a postcard asking if they'd like to join the fun here on SmallWorlds. You could say on your postcard that when they join you've got a special wrapped Xmas gift waiting here for them - it might entice them in, and you'll get SmallWorlds Gold when they sign up! Just click on the "camera" icon in your space info bar and snap yourself doing something really fun. Here's a postcard I took of me practising my flying skills on my magic carpet.

That "Difficult" Gift...

I do hope this story has been helpful for you; reminding you of all the great places there are for you to shop in in-world, as well as providing you with a few useful gift-buying tips. When I put my mind to it, I managed to find perfect things for most of my friends and colleagues.

Although, everyone has someone on their list who is difficult to buy for. As you might have guessed, for me, it's Kent! I could certainly do with some suggestions. If you see me in-world over the next week or so and you have any ideas about what you think he might like, please do stop and tell me!
~Honesty Blaize

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Pages: [1]   Go Up