VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 12/27/2009 Best Christmas Space Competition  (Read 3000 times)

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
12/27/2009 Best Christmas Space Competition
« on: December 27, 2009, 09:48 AM »

From the Chronicle.  

Best Christmas Space Competition

December 27, 2009 7:50 AM

Greetings Citizens.

Here at the Chronicle office we felt it was high time that we ran another competition. With the release of the Christmas items last week and with Santa SmallWorlds having recently been roaming around in-world, it seemed rather obvious that our next competition needed a Christmas theme. We are therefore, excited to announce that the SmallWorlds "Best Christmas Space" competition is officially open!

Needless to say, we can hardly wait to see what you all come up with! It's always such a treat to see your entries. Obviously, the best place to start in terms of decorating your space for the competition is to pay a visit to the Merry Christmas space, in which you'll find all the wonderful new Christmas items for sale. Don't forget to choose the "Winter Holiday" theme from within your space settings (click the spanner icon) to activate all the wonderful Christmas transformations. The competition will be open from now until midnight on the 4th of January. We'll then be faced with the difficult task of judging the winners. We'll announce them around the 7th of January.

Here's a picture of me with citizens Samantha Barajas and Kirsten Wilder just before Christmas day itself. Together we enjoyed a short chat at the Merry Christmas space, beside the warmth of the fire. Just being near to those stockings hanging on the fireplace made me want to break out into a Christmas carol!

How Do I Enter?

1 - First of all, visit the Merry Christmas space and take a good deep breath. Breathe in as much Christmas spirit as you can!
2 - Think about what Christmas really means to you, and use items / pictures / colors that will transform your space to communicate whatever that is for you.
3 - Decorate your space!
4 - Take a photo of your space, and submit it to the official competition forum thread.
Please note that due to time constraints Honesty and I will be unable to actually visit your spaces, and so they will be judged solely on the shot you send in. We will however be visiting the spaces of the winners once they are chosen.

The Judges

Honesty and I were thinking that this would be a perfect thing to begin the new year with, and so we are going to take on the judging of this competition together. I think we'll make a super team - although in some ways it will make it twice as hard as there are times that we don't see eye to eye on things!

What We're Looking For...

We'll looking for 5 special spaces that somehow encapsulate the spirit of Christmas. That's going to mean different things for different people, and so we are not even going to define it for you...
Perhaps Christmas to you means Christmas Trees and lots and lots of gifts? Perhaps it means a table of beautiful food with friends gathered around? Perhaps you can find the funny or humorous side of Christmas and can reflect this in how you decorate your space? Will you choose Indoor? Outdoor? We leave it all up to you all, the wonderfully creative community of SmallWorlds!

The Prizes!

We'll be awarding five equal prizes of 5000 Gold to the five top spaces. When we announce the five prizewinners, we will then offer the SmallWorlds community the opportunity to vote for the top space! We'll leave voting open for a week, and we'll then award the space which receives the most votes the Citizens Choice Christmas Space award - a bonus 5000 Gold! I'll include a poll in the "Top 5 Spaces" winners announcement, so please don't vote in the forum entry thread. Only votes submitted via the official poll will be counted.

Entry Conditions

* Only one entry per person / SmallWorlds account
    * The competition closes at 11.59pm SWT (EST) Sunday 4th January. Only entries that are submitted to the official competition forum thread will be eligible for judging.
    * The competition will be judged by Kent Kronkite and Honesty Blaize, who will choose the top five entries from the photos which are submitted in the official competition forum thread. These 5 winners will then be put forward for a citizen's vote to determine the winner of the Citizens Choice Award.
    * The 5 winners of the competition will each be awarded 5000 Gold. The Citizens Choice Award winner will be awarded a further 5000 Gold.

We're looking forward to your Entries!

Well citizens - I can't think of a better way to get myself in the Christmas mood than decorating my space for Christmas. I do hope you all have a lot of fun doing the same. Here's a photo of me working on an upcoming story... as you can see, all I have so far is a Christmas tree!

From myself, Honesty, Johnny, and the whole Chronicle team, we trust you had a very , very Merry Christmas. We've all thoroughly enjoyed bringing you the news in SmallWorlds throughout 2009, and we're so looking forward to doing so again in 2010. I'll leave you with one of my favorite Christmas quotations:
"From home to home, and heart to heart, from one place to another. The warmth and joy of Christmas brings us closer to each other."
~ Kent Kronkite

The Legal Stuff

* The Competition is open to SmallWorlds standard and VIP Club members 13 years of age or older. Employees of Outsmart 2005 Limited and its helpers, moderators, officers, directors, parent companies, subsidiaries, and affiliated companies, advertising agencies, promotional suppliers, or production agencies, and their respective dependents, immediate family members (parent, child, sibling and spouse of each) and individuals residing in the same household, are not eligible to participate. Void where prohibited by law.

* The five winners will be selected based upon the sole and exclusive discretion of the SmallWorlds Competition Judges. Each will be awarded 5000 gold. The Citizens Choice Award will be based on the results of a public vote, and the entry receiveing the most public votes will recieve a further 5000 Gold. All submissions are carefully reviewed before determining the prize winners. The judge's decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
    * The prize winners will be chosen and notified on or about January 5, 2010

How to take a photo of your Christmas space and copy it to the forum thread.

* 1 - Once you have created your space, take a screen shot of it. You can use any screen capture software you have, or simply press the Print Screen button on your keyboard (this saves the screen into memory, so you won't see anything happening when you press it).
      2 - Save your image as a .JPG file into a directory on your PC.
      3 - Upload the image to a photo sharing site such as Flickr, Photobucket,TinyPic, or ImageHosting. Copy the URL of the photo.
      4 - Go to the competition entry forum thread. Post a reply. Click on the 'Add Image' icon. Paste in the URL of the image from your photo sharing account.

Good luck!
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 07:23 PM by Happy »

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
Re: 12/27/2009 Best Christmas Space Competition
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2009, 09:49 AM »

Think it was good to have this when the adults are done with the holiday preparations and the students done with exams. Good luck to all that enter.  Not sure I will have time to adjust one of my spaces.

:bighug:

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Mystery-Red

• so anal I thought I would
    share with everyone
  • New NOT Gnu Moderator II
  • Bat Magic
Re: 12/27/2009 Best Christmas Space Competition
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2010, 04:53 AM »

Woot! what a surprize. I am a finalist in the competition.  Here is the link to my room, check it out and if you like it vote for me when it is put it the SW Chronicle!!
 Thanks everyone!!

http://www.smallworlds.com/space/36e694180e006cebed1123be06c2f552/

You say I'm a Wench like it's a bad thing!
DeliciousWenchous
Pages: [1]   Go Up