VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 12/20 Tea with Mrs. Claus  (Read 2943 times)

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • Still Soarin' :)
12/20 Tea with Mrs. Claus
« on: December 20, 2009, 02:08 PM »

Noticed new event on the Host Tab.

"Tea with Mrs. Claus"  "Enjoy tea with Mrs. Claus and preview the new Victorian Rug."

Queue is FULL, as usual -- so I have no idea what the new rug looks like.  Good Luck to All trying to get in.   :)

ETA:  Borrowed screen shot of the preview of Victorian Rug from VFKFF -- Thanks for the heads up on where I could see a picture of these rugs, Fun!   :hug:

preview of Victorian Rug

ETA:  Adding a screen shot from VFKForum of the Wreath Rug, circled in red:

« Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 04:28 PM by Astro »
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

Krazy_Kim

• Krazy like a Faux
    Put Down the Hammer
Re: 12/20 Tea with Mrs. Claus
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2009, 04:06 PM »

I tried once and it was full so I stopped trying because I didn't want to leave the ballroom after it closed.

:crazy2: Krazy_Kim :crazy2:
I like work! It fascinates me! I can sit an look at it for hours! ^..^

ScarlettPixie

• Having your friends vaporize
    you in laser tag.... Priceless!
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
  • Just another Scarlett Pixie....
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2009, 04:59 PM »

I missed out on the tea, but did finally manage to get and see Santa! woot! :wavet:
ScarlettPixie

Push me too far, and I will sing like a canary.

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2009, 03:51 PM »

Thanks Astro for the Tea with Mrs Claus....and your welcome for the where to see the pic.

Everytime I tried the queue was full too :(

ScarlettPixie

• Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2009, 04:46 PM »

I asked Mrs. SC if there was going to be another tea session and she said that she did not know as depending on schedule. So, be on guard and first to see IMs everyone else! LOL.
ScarlettPixie

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2009, 07:18 PM »

well I missed tea but I did get into see Santa Claus. I must say he was very funny and had my chuckling all the time. Should not have said good most of the time rofl. He had to look up my name and it was a very heavy list :)

PS the queue really works. It did take 3 hours but I got in :)
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

UNPROVINCIALWENCH! Kat says I am worldy in a good sense :)

ScarlettPixie

• Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2009, 10:07 PM »

So glad you got in Belle!

Mrs Santa Claus surprised us by coming into Funfly's room. We had a blast!
ScarlettPixie

Krazy_Kim

• Krazy like a Faux
    Put Down the Hammer
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2009, 02:18 AM »

PS the queue really works. It did take 3 hours but I got in :)

I signed my Mom's girl in before 4 PM today and waited in her room for them to open Santa's room.  I saw the Tea room and visited there and then got out and still waited and waited and waited.  Finally at 7:30 EST it was finally open, but to my horror it was filled omg already so I tried that new wait in line thing, that I knew nothing about before, but now I do, and it checked the line status every 20 seconds.  I had it open and checking all the way till way after the room closed and I still didn't get the girl in.  It was after 11:30 PM when I refreshed and chatted with some friends.  I don't think its first serve first come bases, but I think it should be cause they tell you you will lose your spot if you hit cancel, but how do you lose it if it is only checking the line for you and I was there from the beginning?  :wtf?:  :sb:  :madder:  :rantsw:  Ok, rant over, but I still don't think its fair!

Dem fight' in words Pilgrim!  :boxing:  Hehe, just kidding!  :lolg:

:crazy2: Krazy_Kim :crazy2:
I like work! It fascinates me! I can sit an look at it for hours! ^..^

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2009, 01:14 PM »

While the new 'queue' system is a welcome change and huge improvement from last year...........the entire Santa thing needs to be changed.  1 or 2 Santas cannot POSSIBLY hope to see all the people that want to either see him or get the hat/scarf.  Clones are ruining it for alot of people.  All it does is causes a great many people to spend hours (I've heard of people waiting 7 or 8 hours) waiting to see him...only to be disappointed everytime.  ALOT of unhappy people...especially the kids.  I've heard many stories of people getting in to see him...and noticing there are clones of other people in there waiting to see him.  Really...this whole process needs to change. 

There should be 2 routes:  one to see Santa, and the other just to get the hat/scarf automatically.  Another option is an NPC Santa.  The amount of time it takes for the exchanges between a single player and Santa can exceed FIVE MINUTES per player!  This isn't taking into consideration the times he DC's or needs to refresh.  While it's nice to see and talk to a real Santa...I think it should be an OPTION instead of a requirement for those who just want the nice hat/scarf.

There is talk again this year that they might do what they did last year, and end up just giving everyone who logs in on Christmas day the hat/scarf.  That's nice and good and everything...but that doesn't get all the wasted time back for those who waited forever to see him.  It's almost like a smack in the face.

Our family was incredibly lucky.  When we got back from vacation, we heard the line would be open at 4p.m. the next day.  We got right in line (they were about 10 minutes late opening the room), and were able to get our family the hats.  Why people cram their clones into the queue to see Santa is beyond me.  The hats/scarfs are not tradeable...therefore, they have no value at all.  Maybe it's just for bragging rights...which is disappointing to witness, since each clone that gets in has taken away an opportunity from another player who don't have the hat/scarf on their primary player/players.

Let's hope they rethink the whole process for next year.  Best of luck to those still trying to get in to see Santa and get the hat/scarf.

Flamanar
Pages: [1]   Go Up