VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 12/17/2009 Santa Claus is Coming to Town!  (Read 2834 times)

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
12/17/2009 Santa Claus is Coming to Town!
« on: December 17, 2009, 12:21 AM »

Pics soon.  

Santa Claus is Coming to Town!
December 17, 2009 12:44 PM

Ho Ho Ho, citizens!

I can scarcely believe that its been a whole 12 months since we last gathered together under the SmallWorlds yuletide tree but it's true... Santa's on his way, and it's time to celebrate Christmas!

Yes, the wait is over, and I know that you'll have a great time making your spaces all nice and Christmassy. I do love this time of year!

Along with the essential Christmas Tree, you'll also be able to activate a new theme called "Winter Holiday" - you can choose it from the Theme settings.  It will give your space the perfect look for Christmas, as it activates a whole lot of wonderful item replacements for Christmas.

We're also releasing two Christmas Trees (a standard and deluxe version), some really yummy Christmas fare for you, and some new Christmas lights.

Everything is available for you to purchase in the Merry Xmas space so make a visit and stock up!

This year you'll be able to adorn your Christmas table with our new Christmas pudding, which comes complete with special flaming sauce.  And, fresh from his recent birthday cake bake-a-thon, Dan SmallWorlds has baked a whole pile of cookies - two different varieties.  We've also swapped the Donkey Head spell for a gorgeous Reindeer Head spell, so you can expect to see lots of Rudolphs prancing around in-world.

Important: Seasonal Items

It's important for you to know that almost all of this year's new Christmas Items are Seasonal Items, rather than Rare Items.  That means they will only be available to buy for a limited time - until Mid January - but they WILL go on sale again in December 2010.

The new SnowGlobe, however is the exception to this.  It is classed as a Rare item.  Over Christmas you can win the SnowGlobe by completing the Christmas Mission, and it will never be sold in any SmallWorlds shop.
New Theme - "Winter Holiday"

Are you dreaming of a White Christmas? Now your dream can become reality! Choose the "Winter Holiday"  theme in your space settings menu and outside and inside spaces will transform before your very eyes.

Doors will be adorned with bells, all fireplaces will get their hanging stockings! You'll see other little touches here and there... a little tinsel here, a little mistletoe there. The trees in SmallWorlds will all get a good dollops of Christmas spirit... some will have lights, others tinsel and some will turn into giant candy canes! If you have a Greek statue in your space, you'll find that she even dons a Santa hat, as will teddy bears.

It's really easy to activate the "Winter Holiday" theme in your space (see image above), and it'll be available until around mid-January. Here's an inside image of "Winter Holiday"

...and here's a picture of "Winter Holiday" in an outdoor space

Complete the Christmas Mission and get your own SnowGlobe!

We've got a special Christmas Mission for you to do.  Not only is it a lot of fun to play, but when you complete it you'll be rewarded with this gorgeous Winter Scene SnowGlobe! It's a special release for Christmas 2009, and a great item to add to your collection.

As I've already mentioned, the SnowGlobe is a Rare item.  That means it will never be sold in any SmallWorlds shop.  So get yours while you can - the Christmas mission will only be active over the Christmas period.

Christmas Fare

Here's all the lovely Christmas fare we've got ready for you. Ham on the bone, two new varieties of cookies and a flaming christmas pudding! Gathering around the Christmas table to share food with loved ones - this is what's really at the heart of Christmas. And we've made sure you can enjoy a lovely Christmas meal with your friends and family in SmallWorlds.

(Remember that all of this year's Christmas food is Seasonal, which means it will be for sale for only a limited time, but then will be back again for sale next Christmas).

The 'Essential' Christmas Tree

I thought I'd save the most important for last! Christmas just wouldn't be Christmas without a beautiful tree now, would it? We've got two wonderful trees for you this year - you can choose from our standard Christmas tree or our Deluxe version with golden star on the top (these are Seasonal items). And with our new Double Gold Payout offer being extended throughout Christmas, it'll be easy to put lots of presents under your tree this year!

Get YOUR space ready for Christmas!

Do have fun getting your space ready for Christmas, won't you? Oh and I'm going to give you a little advance notice here, citizens... we're going to be running a "Best Christmas Space" competition really soon.  News of that will be coming to you soon, right here in the Chronicle.

I've been trying out some new Christmassy looks in my place. But I'm sure you can do better!

He's making a list, checking it twice

Well citizens, I'm sure you'll all be rushing out to make sure that your SmallWorlds space is filled with Christmas spirit. Just to help you along, I thought I'd leave you with some special song lyrics that are just guaranteed to get you right in that yuletide mood!

You better watch out, you better not cry

Better not pout, I'm telling you why

Santa Claus is coming to town

He's making a list, and checking it twice;

Gonna find out who's naughty and nice

He sees you when you're sleeping, he knows when you're awake

He knows if you've been bad or good, so be good for goodness sake!

O! You better watch out!, you better not cry

Better not pout, I'm telling you why

Santa Claus is coming to town!

A very Merry Christmas to each and every one of you!

~ Honesty Blaize
« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 12:37 AM by Happy »

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • Moderator of This Board
Re: 12/17/2009 Santa Claus is Coming to Town!
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2009, 12:38 AM »

All I can say is WOW! They really seemed to add a lot to the overlay! :2thunbs:

A couple of temp conversions that some have been asking about in world:
Egg nog is the rootbeer from Pirate Cove.
The big candy cane is a medium tree from Garden Life.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 03:33 PM by Happy »

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Blue NOT New Moderator
  • Still Soarin' :)
Re: 12/17/2009 Santa Claus is Coming to Town!
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2009, 09:02 PM »

I wish we could buy that big candy cane as a "forever" type of decoration, and not just a conversion!  It's pretty cool! 

So it doesn't really pay to buy in excess the Seasonal Items, as it sounds like they will return year after year huh?
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:
Pages: [1]   Go Up