VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Flame family going on a trip. Might need help  (Read 5337 times)

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
Flame family going on a trip. Might need help
« on: December 05, 2009, 09:48 PM »

Yeah...looks like we're going to be gone from the 11th through the 14th of Dec.  First vacation since 2006!  LOL.  Pathetic.  My brother, his wife and his german shepherd (ugh) will be housesitting while we're gone.  Hope there's still stuff in the fridge when we get back... lol

If anyone can set aside one or two of anything released (mural pieces, quest items, etc.) on those 4 days for the Flames, we'd really appreciate it :)  We might need stuff and we might not.  We're unsure of whether we'll have WIFI access at the resort.

Thanks alot!

Flamanar
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 10:42 AM by flamanar »

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • Moderator of This Board
  • more laundry....
Re: Flame family going on a trip. Might need help
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2009, 10:13 PM »

I'll sure try to help!

I keep thinking one of those days my DH said we were going somewhere or doing something....forgot what, but the date sticks in my mind.. :lolp:

Have a great trip!
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 06:21 AM by funfly »

ScarlettPixie

• Having your friends vaporize
    you in laser tag.... Priceless!
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
  • Just another Scarlett Pixie....
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2009, 05:00 AM »

Have fun on the trip, Flame! I can do 5 of each item you may miss.
ScarlettPixie

Push me too far, and I will sing like a canary.

sunday_monkey

• Long live the Muppets!
    Ever since I was a young girl
    I've played the silver ball
  • Fireworks Magic
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2009, 11:51 AM »

« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 12:44 PM by sunday_monkey »

wdwdreamin

• This new job of mine has severely cut into my playtime.
  • Teleport Magic
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2009, 04:06 PM »

I usually get an extra or two of most items.  Let me know what you end up missing.
Memories Vow Renewal Ceremony
Sept 24, 2011--Sunset Point @ the Polynesian Resort
Woot!!!  I was a Disney Bride!!!

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2009, 05:24 PM »

I can help too Would you like me to take around any of your characters. That way you get the credits ?? let me know now off to bed :)
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

UNPROVINCIALWENCH! Kat says I am worldy in a good sense :)

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Purple Vice Admin
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2009, 07:54 PM »

I can help too Would you like me to take around any of your characters. That way you get the credits ?? let me know now off to bed :)

I only have duck and one other, so no extras are available there.  But, as Belle said (and as I just did hers and Red's), I could take 2 or 3 of your characters if you like.   :)

Krazy_Kim

• Krazy like a Faux
    Put Down the Hammer
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2009, 12:07 PM »

I only have duck and one other, so no extras are available there.  But, as Belle said (and as I just did hers and Red's), I could take 2 or 3 of your characters if you like.   :)

Same here, I don't usually have any extra of things, but I can take your people around for you as I have done for Belle before and that way you don't miss anything.  Let me know if you want my help and enjoy your trip!

:crazy2: Krazy_Kim :crazy2: 
I like work! It fascinates me! I can sit an look at it for hours! ^..^

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2009, 07:45 PM »

Thanks everyone for offering to help!  We really appreciate it :)  We've given out a few people (we aren't looking for alot of anything) already, so if you didn't get a Flame clone to care for, don't be offended.  We just gave them out in the order of offers.  Still appreciate all the offers equally  :grouphug2:

Charging up all the camera batteries, packing clothes, making lists, checking and re-checking.  Hope to have a good time.  We'll be leaving on Friday morning ridiculously early, so if I don't talk to anyone between now and then, just know that we didn't forget ya :)  We're just pulling hair out taking care of VFK stuff and real...at the same time!  LOL.

(huge hugs)

Flame

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2009, 03:25 PM »

Just wanted to let everyone know that we are back as of late last night, and everything went well :)  It was nice to finally be able to take a real vacation (especially for the kids) after having to wait 3 years because of my Crohns.

We visited Busch Gardens in Williamsburg, VA for their first ever Christmas event:

http://www.christmastown.com

If you watched the following webcam in the park for the past few days, you would have seen us. lol They only have the webcam on during the Christmastown operating hours, btw:

http://www.buschgardensnews.com/page/bgwcam

The weather was freezing at times and moderate at others, so it was difficult to negotiate clothing at times.  lol.  Yesterday it was supposed to be around 55 degrees...and ended up much lower than that by the time we got to the farthest point away from the van (typical, no? lol).  The first day was VERY cold in the park.  Got to ride their newest ride 'Griffon'.  WOAH.  LOL.  Quite the awesome ride...but froze ourselves silly in the second row.  There was no line when we got off, so we got back on again in the front row (the best view).  That........................................was a mistake.  LOL.  Little did we know that the view was spectacular in the front...but also there was nothing to block the wind from whipping you in the face (just imagine sticking yer head out a car window in below-freezing weather with the car going around 65 mph...and staying there for around 3-5 minutes).  Yeah...it was beyond cold.  Few people in the park, though, so we braved the cold and did the park.  Had an awesome time.  Peppermint fudge hot chocolate and Wassail.  Eggnog cheesecake.  Sigh...

Second day we did the park again.  It was much more mild...but it was PACKED!  They actually closed the park because it reached it's maximum capacity for the Christmastime event (around 11,000 people).  They also closed their 'North Pole' building (their 'Festhaus) because it was maxed out.  Just imagine a sea of people...lol.  Still, we got into a couple shows and had a blast anyways.

Third day:  rain.  Big time.  So we did some of our favorite shops around the Williamsburg area, and ate a nice dinner out.  By nighttime, the rain has stopped, so we decided to hit the park since there were about 4 hours left till it closed.  WOW!  We practically had it to ourselves!  Rode Griffon 2 times in a row (no lines).  LOL.  Fantastic view from the top of the ride at night.  Still came off it freezing, but well worth it ;)  Had a couple shows practically to ourselves.  Just kindof took the park at a slow pace and had more fun.

Fourth day:  Colonial Williamsburg (historical area).  Dressed light, but it got cold once we got far from the van.  Still had fun and everything was decorated so nice.  Beautiful place.  Took alot of pics.  Haven't been there in years, so it was nice to walk the main road again and see the sights.  Also, it's usually about 100 degrees everytime we go there...so the cold was bad, but welcome...if that makes any sense at all.  LOL.

Best of all...the kids had an awesome time...which was the most important thing for us.  The long wait for a vacation has been rough and trying for us.  Thank God we were able to get away and have fun as a family.  We needed it :)

As far as VFK goes, we were able to keep up while we were away.  We paid for a day of in-room Wifi ($6 was a steal).  We happened to get it on the night the 4th mural panel came out, so we were able to do the panel runs for our ppl and start all of our snowman quests.  So we're actually fine on everything VFK (except the new host hunt prizes, but hopefully they'll do more hunts for those) :)  Just trying to catch up now with the new things that are for sale...but that's no biggie.

Can't thank everyone enough though for thinking of us and offering to supply us with anything we missed.  We all really appreciated it.

:grouphug3:

Flame...now if I can only catch up on all the sleep I lost and thaw out... :waveb:
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 09:23 PM by flamanar »

sunday_monkey

• Long live the Muppets!
    Ever since I was a young girl
    I've played the silver ball
  • Fireworks Magic
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2009, 05:01 PM »

Welcome home!  Sounds like you guys had a really nice time!  I'm really glad you were able to get away.  Now it's time to get warm and rest up!  
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 05:33 PM by sunday_monkey »

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
    • Our Family MySpace Page
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2009, 07:49 PM »

So glad you guys had a great time Flamanar, Flamanette, and family! :bighug: We also know how wonderful it is just to have that time away from the day to day of things -  Woot!  :bighug: :hug: :dance2:

Krazy_Kim

• Krazy like a Faux
    Put Down the Hammer
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2009, 01:11 AM »

* Krazy_Kim passes the Flame family some white hot chocolate!  :coffee3:  :choc:

:welcomef: Back!  :waveh:

:crazy2: Krazy_Kim :crazy2:
I like work! It fascinates me! I can sit an look at it for hours! ^..^
Pages: [1]   Go Up