VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Flamanars first video "Alone Again"  (Read 10018 times)

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
Flamanars first video "Alone Again"
« on: December 04, 2009, 12:51 PM »

Here is a link to my first video I made for VFK:

"Alone Again"
http://www.virtualfamilykingdom.com/video/view_video.php?viewkey=2b731fb96151d9bb94d4

This song has been a favorite of mine for many years (20+).  I've always loved it, even thought it's very sad.

There's alot to tell about this video.  It's the first computer video I ever captured, and the first video I ever made.  It was made using Microsoft Movie Maker and a couple different graphics programs on a Windows Vista laptop.  I pretty much taught myself how to use the video capture software (Camstudio) and Movie Maker program as I went along.  Alot of trial and error...mostly error.  LOL.  However, I did come through it with a fair amount of what I call 'happy mistakes' that ended up looking really cool in the video. :)  Still, I'm a perfectionist...and looking at it now, there's over a dozen things I'd change if I had the chance to.  LOL.

I am a VFK video 'purist'...I don't like to use 'outside content' in my videos if I can avoid it.  I like the videos to be almost entirely of images contained within VFK.  Some pictures I edit to remove something or change something.

There is an 'Easter Egg' in this video.  In one of the scenes I'm sitting alone in a room with a big TV.  If you look at the TV, you will see the same picture as the one that starts all of my videos :)  I thought that a clever little 'trick'.  LOL.

Ironically, alot of people thought this video was about Flamanette and myself breaking up in real...which was funny yet scary.  lol.  My next video fixed that perception, though :)  Seriously, this video was made just for fun.  No hidden meanings or revelations.  LOL.

The link above takes you to a kind of 'preview' of the movie.  The quality of the 'preview links' is pretty poor.  When it is viewed on the VFK TV, however, the quality is Ok.  I will point out that when you upload your video to VFK, it WILL lose a fair amount of quality...which is a bummer, yet unavoidable.  That's why I always keep the original on my computer...in case I ever want to refer to it again.

I learned a great deal making this video, and put alot of heart into it.  I hope you enjoy it :)

Flamanar
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 02:56 PM by flamanar »

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • more laundry....
Re: Flamanars first video
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2009, 01:36 PM »

Thanks Flame, I enjoyed seeing this one again.  :bighug:

sunday_monkey

• Long live the Muppets!
    Ever since I was a young girl
    I've played the silver ball
  • Fireworks Magic
Re: Flamanars first video
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2009, 03:48 PM »

Nice!  It was fun watching it again with the "behind the scenes" information.  I can tell a lot of thought and attention to detail was put into this video.    
Pages: [1]   Go Up