VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SW Looking for Helpers  (Read 5367 times)

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
SW Looking for Helpers
« on: December 02, 2009, 08:17 PM »

There is an article in 'The Scene' of the Chronicle.  SmallWorlds is looking for helpers.

Become a SmallWorlds Helper!

December 3, 2009 11:42 AM

Have you ever wanted to become a SmallWorlds Helper? If the idea has crossed your mind, now is the perfect time to apply! Our world is expanding so fast, and our current Helper team is getting so busy that it's time to wave the SmallWorlds Helper recruitment flag!

You can find information right here in the SmallWorlds Chronicle about how to apply to be a Helper. Helpers in-world are easy to spot - just look for avatars with a signature "+" (plus) sign and golden cape and they glow.

Helpers are here to help you, and they keep the game safe and fun for everyone. If you'd like to talk to one, one of the best places to find one is at The SmallWorlds Info Hub, and one of the places you'll be rostered on if your application is successful. Here's me with new SmallWorlds helper Ruby Dash, who was stupendously helpful with a capital "H" when I met with her yesterday!

We're Recruiting!

SmallWorlds is growing so fast that we need to expand our ranks, and we're inviting applications from citizens who would like to join the Helper Program. You'll  need to be someone who genuinely enjoys helping others in the game, answering questions, playing games and helping with missions. You must be over 18 years and you'll need to be able to put in 10 rostered hours each week, and do at least one shift every weekend.

I popped into the SmallWorlds Staff Room, and met up with a very friendly group of Helpers. We had a great chat about what it's like being a Helper. Thanks to Don Demolition, Hunter Boyz and Retro Jedi - all fantastic ambassadors for the Helper program. The pic is a sneak peak of the SmallWorlds Staff room, somewhere you'll have access to as a Helper, of course!

Helpers talk about Helping...

I asked Don, Hunter and Retro what they enjoyed about being a helper and here's what they shared with me:
Retro Jedi: I've been a Helper since August 09. I love helping people and getting to know how they react. The other great benefit of being a Helper is that you get to know how to play SmallWorlds much much better, as well as knowing exactly where everything is in-world. The Helper program provides a way for people to help others - it's great!

Don Demolition: I've been a Helper for 2 months now, and I really enjoy interacting with others, and learning about the citizens of SmallWorlds. It's very rewarding, I have learned so much from others, and so I felt the least I could do is to share that knowledge back.

Hunter Boyz: I've also been a Helper for 2 months and I love every minute of it! I enjoy helping others in any way I can, and I have a close relationship with the citizens of SmallWorlds. I really enjoy seeing them have fun, and it's a great way to "give back".

I also asked them about their experience of the Helper Training Program.

Retro: I impressed myself! I did better than I thought I would.

Hunter: Its a really fun way to see how much you know.

Don: The training is very simple, just bring a notepad with you to write down any notes to use for future reference.

Apply Today!
If you'd like to learn to handle situations like this one with ease we'd love to hear from you! (here I am watching with utter admiration as Helper Uriel Usher helps a crowd with a myriad of interesting questions).

To apply, simply send an email (NOT an in-world mail) with the details listed below.

Please make sure you include a few paragraphs about why you think you'd make a great helper.

* Languages you speak fluently:
    * SmallWorlds Reference: (this is someone in SmallWorlds who is prepared to say you would be a great Helper.
Make sure they are aware that they may be asked. Current Helpers or Moderators can not be used as references).
    * Timezone:
    * Times you would be available to be a helper:
    * Why I would make a great helper.

We're very much looking forward to receiving your applications.

~ Honesty Blaize, on behalf of the Helper Program

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Pages: [1]   Go Up