VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Host Hunt Bug-Part Deux (aka, "here we go again")  (Read 12817 times)

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
Host Hunt Bug-Part Deux (aka, "here we go again")
« on: November 22, 2009, 12:51 PM »

Yes...it's back.  Rather than resurrecting the long, old and tired thread about this, I decided to start a new one so it would be easier to follow.

I've heard rumblings from other people for the last couple hunts about them saying the line right...but the second person winning.  I've now seen it myself.  In fact, I saw it around 3 times today!  Here's a pic from the hunt today:

Notice how the first person said it right and the line appeared...but the second person won...and their line had a "!" at the end of it, AND 'HOST' was not capitalized!  Also, remember that ONLY ONE PERSON IN THE ROOM IS SUPPOSED TO BE ABLE TO SAY THE HOSTS TITLE ONCE THE HOST APPEARS.

Please take the time to report this bug whenever/ifever you see it.  I reported these today even though I wasn't the one who got shafted...in hopes that VFK would award the rightful winner the award.  I ask that you please take the time to do the same.  If necessary, take a screen shot and paste it into Microsoft Paint and come back to it after the hunt to report it (which is typically what I do).  The last time this happened, it went on for months...before being brought up on another forum...which resulted in it being fixed within a day or 2.  :hmm:

Flamanar...not again :groan:
« Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 12:52 PM by flamanar »

sunday_monkey

• Long live the Muppets!
    Ever since I was a young girl
    I've played the silver ball
  • Fireworks Magic
Re: Host Hunt Bug-Part Deux (aka, "here we go again")
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2009, 01:39 PM »

Oh my goodness!  I had no idea this was so wide spread!  This happened to me today!  I won, but I was the second person to say it correctly (and I know the example you posted isn't from the room I was in because I didn't say it with an "!" after Dragon).   

After I won, I sent a help report to staff asking them to review it because I felt like the person who said it before me should have received the prize. I told them my words came up with blue around them but someone said it correctly before me.  This is the response I received back from them:

I don't understand it.  I saw the girl's words come up before mine and they looked totally perfect!  Unfortunately she popped out of the room before I could give her the prize and she's not on my friends list.  I hope she eventually won in a different room.

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2009, 01:44 PM »

Oh my goodness!  I had no idea this was so wide spread!  This happened to me today!  I won, but I was the second person to say it correctly (and I know the example you posted isn't from the room I was in because I didn't say it with an "!" after Dragon).   

After I won, I sent a help report to staff asking them to review it because I felt like the person who said it before me should have received the prize. I told them my words came up with blue around them but someone said it correctly before me.  This is the response I received back from them:

I don't understand it.  I saw the girl's words come up before mine and they looked totally perfect!  Unfortunately she popped out of the room before I could give her the prize and she's not on my friends list.  I hope she eventually won in a different room.

Wow...thanks for doing the honest thing, Sunday.  (hugs)

Did you also send a picture so they could see that the other person said it first?  If not, in the future try to get a quick screenshot and send it to the following email address along with a complete explanation of what happened:

support@virtualfamilykingdom.com

They can't dispute a picture. ;)  Most times I send a very brief help report in game right away, and end it with "I will send in a screenshot after the hunt is over".

I would also argue with them a little over the fact that you saw the other person say the line.  Again:  only ONE person in the room is supposed to be able to say the hosts title once they enter the room.

(hugs) again for trying to do the right thing.  It's refreshing to see honesty being displayed by VFK players.  Too often, I see the opposite.

Flamanar
« Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 02:05 PM by flamanar »

sunday_monkey

• Long live the Muppets!
  • Fireworks Magic
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2009, 02:14 PM »

I tried to get the screen shot, but I wasn't thinking and copied something else before pasting the picture.   :doh:  But yeah, that is the best method to "prove" the error.

Did they respond to your messages?  I wonder if they ever correct the error or if they just always go with the one that pops up in blue, no matter what.

goldengourd

• Gee, I guess I'm not as old as I thought
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2009, 02:17 PM »

Since it is a computer that senses the answer, there might be an extra space that is invalidating the answer? I have had this happen in quests, where I had an extra space before the sentence starts where it wouldn't advance the quest.
-PotOfGoldWench
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2009, 02:46 PM »

I tried to get the screen shot, but I wasn't thinking and copied something else before pasting the picture.   :doh:  But yeah, that is the best method to "prove" the error.

Did they respond to your messages?  I wonder if they ever correct the error or if they just always go with the one that pops up in blue, no matter what.

We had one instance today where Hero was playing, and Dragon appeared and his words went away, but nothing happened.  He then pasted the line 3 MORE TIMES with the words going away each time...then another persons line appeared in blue.  We asked them to check the logs, and they replied that he came in fourth??  LOL.  I think their program might have the same problem as the 'ride competition award fiasco'.  :hmm:

In the past, they have awarded the prize to the rightful winner.

Golden:  I understand what you're saying, but the lines are being said correctly with no extra spaces before or after.  Even if that were the case, there is still the proof of a faulty program again because of the extra character being allowed at the end of the line (the "!"), and the fact that 'HOST' was not capitalized, and also that another person was also allowed to say the hosts title.  This all proves beyond doubt that the program is having the same problem as before...after months of no problems.  It's time for Enigma and Age to follow Dragon again and fix the problem.

Flamanar

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2009, 10:37 PM »

Here's another incident of the 'host hunt bug'.  This pic was sent to me by someone else who had to report the problem:

Note that the person who won not only said it second...they used a capital 'F' (which - as we all know by now - is incorrect).

Flamanar

Flamanette

• Runs and locks herself in
    a room in order to build
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2009, 07:01 AM »

I have seen pictures on TWO other placees where people have put their host hunt win in their signatures, as they are proud of their win.  Only problem: in both cases the "winner" has said the phrase wrong on one of they ways that has been seen here....sheesh.

How tempted I am to go "Ummm....excuse me, but do you realize you are broadcasting to everyone that you won a prize by NOT saying the phrase correclty?".  But I wont...

.it

Mean people are like sandpaper. They may scratch you and hurt you, but in the end you come out smooth and polished and the mean person is just worn and ugly.

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2009, 12:49 PM »

Had a different problem with the hunt last night.  Found Dragon in a room by herself.  I kept saying the line over and over, and the words kept disappearing each time I said them.  I even said "I've said it like 5 times now!!".  LOL.  People started to flood the room, and finally I was awarded the prize.  Needless to say, I was panicking when it was just me and Dragon in the room alone...and my words didn't show on the screen...

Flamanar

sunday_monkey

• Long live the Muppets!
  • Fireworks Magic
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2009, 01:18 PM »

Had a different problem with the hunt last night.  Found Dragon in a room by herself.  I kept saying the line over and over, and the words kept disappearing each time I said them.  I even said "I've said it like 5 times now!!".  LOL.  People started to flood the room, and finally I was awarded the prize.  Needless to say, I was panicking when it was just me and Dragon in the room alone...and my words didn't show on the screen...

Flamanar

Oh wow -  I would've been freaking out!  Thank goodness you were awarded the prize.  Too many bugs associated with the host hunts. 

goldengourd

• Gee, I guess I'm not as old as I thought
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2009, 01:41 PM »

Flamanar
As I suspected, they have a personal block on flamanar, hehe. "Caution: do not award prize to this guy. We like to mess with him."
-PotOfGoldWench

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2009, 01:44 PM »

Flamanar
As I suspected, they have a personal block on flamanar, hehe. "Caution: do not award prize to this guy. We like to mess with him."

:roflmao: :roflmao: :rofl1: :rofl1:

Sunday:  yeah, they need to spend a little time fixing up the hunts.  It never used to be like this when Harmony and Fin did it.

Flamanar...."they know..." :waveb:

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2010, 04:16 PM »

Just letting everyone know that the bug is continuing.  Here's a screenshot of a round today which someone sent me:

Notice that even though it looks like the top person had an extra space in front of the correct line, the line still appeared.  Only the winner during a round is supposed to be able to say the hosts title.  This still apparently hasn't been fixed.  Just a heads up.

Flamanar
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 06:14 PM by flamanar »

ScarlettPixie

• Having your friends vaporize
    you in laser tag.... Priceless!
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
  • Just another Scarlett Pixie....
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2010, 06:32 PM »

Flame, I had an odd experience on the hunt today.... New bug? :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1:

ScarlettPixie

Push me too far, and I will sing like a canary.

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2010, 07:25 PM »

Flame, I had an odd experience on the hunt today.... New bug? :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1:

ROFL! :roflmao: :rofl1: :laugh2:  Well done!  Flame approves, of course ;)

Flamanar...-rethinks finding Host Dragon in the future.... :hmmmm:

ScarlettPixie

• Having your friends vaporize
    you in laser tag.... Priceless!
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
  • Just another Scarlett Pixie....
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2010, 08:26 PM »

I didn't get a prize :(  LOL.
ScarlettPixie

Push me too far, and I will sing like a canary.

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
  • Moderator of This Board
    • Our Family MySpace Page
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2010, 09:24 PM »

I didn't get a prize :(  LOL.

Unless you count toasted "biscuits" :moon: as a prize.  :lolg:
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up