VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 11/20/2009 Addition Info From Darren  (Read 4463 times)

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
11/20/2009 Addition Info From Darren
« on: November 20, 2009, 10:02 AM »

This is a follow up to his earlier message 2.1 and Beyond and can be found here: http://forum.smallworlds.com/showthread.php?t=57905

Hey Everyone

Sorry I have been so busy with the next version that I didn't get back to you all on this earlier.

Stalking (and harassment) has become a serious issue in SmallWorlds for some of our users. In some situations, the stalkers/griefers were creating multiple accounts and working in gangs, making it near impossible for the victim to block them.

The current situation is a stop-gap measure we implemented quickly to shut down the problem, but we know it has inconvenienced many of you along the way.

In our next version we are going to allow you to make yourself publically visible if you want to be so (i.e. if you are a vendor, or just prefer to be visible to everyone).

Privacy is an important issue on the Internet, and our stance is to protect the privacy of our players by default, but they can choose to opt-out at any time and make themselves public.

As a side-note, many of the inconvenience issues seem to revolve around vendors not being visible (can't follow them), which should be helped by this upcoming change (provided the vendor makes themselves publicly visible). We are also working on features over the coming versions that will make it easier to sell items, find items for sale and to generally to communicate with each other when you are not in the same space or logged in.

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Pages: [1]   Go Up