VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 11/13/2009 Take a Magic Carpet Ride!  (Read 2814 times)

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
11/13/2009 Take a Magic Carpet Ride!
« on: November 12, 2009, 10:38 PM »

Take a Magic Carpet Ride
November 13, 2009 3:54 PM

Hello Citizens.

Wasn't it exciting when the skateboards, hoverboards and rollerskates were released? I had a lot of fun learning how to balance. Luckily I'm feeling proficient now, because I'm about to move up to a far more exotic mode of transportation. But before I tell you about the newest and most exciting way to get around in SmallWorlds, I'd like you to close your eyes for just a moment....

One Thousand and One Nights - Starring YOU!

While you're in a dreamlike state, imagine yourself dressed in flowing white robes, perhaps wearing a turban. You're flying through dry dusty streets... you can see palm trees and camels, and delicious smells waft through the air as you zoom past a colorful marketplace. How are you zooming? By what method are you flying? You're standing on a Magic Carpet!

Yes, the Magic Carpet is being released today, and you'll find it for sale at Sovereign Plaza. There is absolutely no XP required to use one, but you'll need CL70.  To get it, why not invite your friends into SmallWorlds?  You can have magic carpet races together.

Once you've stepped on your floating carpet, you'll notice an amazing increase in speed - that's because it comes with a Speed attribute of +40!  So, as well as being a work of art (isn't it just beautiful?), it gets you places quickly. I felt giddy the first time I stepped on one. Once I'd got used to it, it was like I was in my very own version of One Thousand and One Nights.

I imagine that all you'd like to do now is to rush straight off to Sovereign Plaza to get one for yourself. Before you do, I have some interesting flying carpet information to share with you...

Make Your Own Magic Carpet!

If you'd like more information about the history of magic carpets, take a look at this very interesting site I discovered. It contained within it some little-known details about how to actually make a magic carpet (as well as lots of other interesting information). I've copied some of the 'how to' directions below.

Apparently, a flying carpet is spun on a loom like an ordinary carpet. The original flying carpet makers had discovered a certain clay, 'procured from mountain springs and untouched by human hand', which, when superheated at 'temperatures that exceeded those of the seventh ring of hell' in a cauldron of boiling Grecian oil, acquired anti-magnetic properties. The article goes on to talk about how the Earth itself is a magnet, and has trillions of magnetic lines crossing it from the North to the South Pole. The clay was prepared and the wool for the carpet was dyed in it before weaving it on a loom. So, when the carpet was finally ready, it pulled itself away from the Earth and, depending on the concentration of clay used, hovered a few feet or several hundred feet above the ground. Propulsion went along the magnetic lines, which acted like aerial rails.
Purchase your very own Magic Carpet today!

So there you have it - not only can you purchase your very own Magic Carpet right here in SmallWorlds and fly around just like a modern-day Aladdin, you can also do your own experimentation at home to see if you can make one for yourself.

I'm looking forward to seeing a whole flock of magic carpet flyers zooming around. What a unique addition that will make to my SmallWorlds scrapbook!

~ Honesty Blaize
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 01:28 AM by Happy »

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
Re: 11/13/2009 ****Take a Magic Carpet Ride!****
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2009, 10:43 PM »

:2thunbs: :2thunbs: :2thunbs: :2thunbs: :2thunbs: :2thunbs: :2thunbs: :2thunbs: :2thunbs:
 :clap1: :clap1: :clap1: :clap1: :clap1: :clap1: :clap1: :clap1: :clap1: :clap1: :clap1: :clap1:
 :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Item requires Citizen Level 70
Price 11,500 gold

« Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 10:54 PM by Happy »

BitBehindWench

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Blue NOT New Moderator
  • Still Soarin' :)
Re: 11/13/2009 Take a Magic Carpet Ride!
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2009, 01:13 PM »

Soooo cute!   Too bad I'm only at CL 40.   :waveb:
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
Re: 11/13/2009 Take a Magic Carpet Ride!
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2009, 08:10 PM »

Each month of VIP purchased comes with 3 CL's.   ;)

A one year renewal will get you there---or you could invite all of your friends and family. 
See the Chronicle, Help and Tips, Citizen Levels for specific details on the invites.

20 invites sent even if they do not join = 1CL.  More CL if they do follow the link and join.
It is my understanding they have to follow the link they get from you AND you must be the first person to invite them to get credit. 

BitBehindWench

Pages: [1]   Go Up