VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 11/5/2009 Sneak Peek - 2.1 Release!  (Read 3007 times)

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
11/5/2009 Sneak Peek - 2.1 Release!
« on: November 05, 2009, 07:46 PM »

From the Chronicle.  Pics later--Happy is tired.

Sneak Peek - 2.1 Release!

November 6, 2009 12:08 PM

Greetings Citizens. I've got some exciting news for you. We've got a new release coming up in a few days and I've managed to 'ferret out' a few little tid-bits of information to give you a taste of what's included. I have to say that the information was rather hard to come by and it's sketchy at best, but I'm giving you as much as I'm able to at this time. Yes, the SmallWorlds 2.1 Release is happening soon!

Make sure you complete your Loyalty Challenge tasks

When we upgrade to the new release, SmallWorlds will be offline for a number of hours. Unfortunately, this may happen at a time that affects you in terms of being able to finish off your Loyalty Challenge tasks. We will try to give you as much advance notice of the upgrade as possible - so keep an eye on the Forums and the Newspaper Alerts and plan your Loyalty Challenge days so they don't conflict. We'd simply hate for you to get caught out and miss out on winning your Elixir of Life Goblet.

As I delved around for information, I heard a few whispered comments just out of my earshot about changes being made to the Help Center... I think I heard them say "Info Hub" but it could just as easily have been "install lots of Hot Tubs"... which actually sounds like rather a relaxing thing to do if you're needing help and information! (I think the likelihood of this is very low however, so please don't get your hopes up, citizens).

One thing is certain, there are changes afoot in the Help Center. I was hustled out before I could get any good shots of the drawings lying around, so all I have for you is this one very blurry picture. In my opinion, any way that we can make it easier for citizens to get the help and information they need is a good one, so I'm very much looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Themes

Applying a Theme to your space is about to get substantially more interesting. I tried very hard to get images of all the new themes that are coming up but only managed to get away with one image. I can tell you however that two existing themes have had a bit of a makeover, and there are three really exciting new themes to look forward to. One of them is called "Fire and Ice", and here it is!

Do you love to Twitter?

I'm just a little slow to adopt Twitter into my life personally, but Honesty tells me that it's very well used by a great many SmallWorlds citizens, which is why I know this is going to be a very popular addition. Yes, I can safely say that Twittering in SmallWorlds is about to take a giant leap in the "twitter boards" direction!

Mystery Item

I was walking past the developers on my quest for 2.1 release information and they quickly shoved a very interesting-looking black and red item behind a curtain just as I was approaching. I did manage to take a small snaphot of the corner of it, before it completely disappeared... but I simply could not work out what it was! Perhaps you can help - what do you think it might be? Is it a piece of futuristic looking bathroom-ware, a table lamp, or... ? It's quite a mystery!

What on Earth is this Mystery Item? (This is a poll in the Chronicle)

A new piece of furniture?
A new futuristic looking kitchen appliance?
A dungeon themed table lamp?
A rather dangerous looking style of toilet?
Other:

Modern Living - A Big Expansion!

If you have visited Modern Living recently, you may well have noticed that it's getting a little cramped in there. Two words can describe the changes that are taking place, and they are "Retail" and "Park"! Put them together, and you'll get just a hint of what the old Modern Living is transforming into. Here's an image of the entrance to the new store, before any items have been shifted in of course.

And more to come!

This is just a taste of what's coming in the 2.1 release. It goes without saying that you can rely on me to bring you a full report on the day of the release when all new items and changes are launched into SmallWorlds.

Every effort will be made by the whole SmallWorlds team to keep the release as efficient as possible. As always, you'll be able to check in with our Twitter feed which will be located on the Home Page.

Citizens, I must apologize for the rather sketchy details I've included above, but I can assure you that all will be revealed just as soon as possible! Gosh, I must say that I do love new releases - SmallWorlds is such an exciting place to work, and to spend my leisure time in.

~ Kent Kronkite
« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 08:41 PM by Happy »

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Blue NOT New Moderator
  • Still Soarin' :)
Re: 11/5/2009 Sneak Peek - 2.1 Release!
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2009, 06:02 AM »

Thanks for the update Happy!  Looks pretty exciting!   :dance2:
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Purple Vice Admin
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2009, 07:55 AM »

I know there was an update about getting your loyalty missions done, that went along with update 2.0.  But I was done for the month, so I didn't have to get into what all it meant.

But now I am "in the middle" with loyalty.  Just finished sapphire yesterday.  So to get November's item, I still need to do ruby and diamond.  So now I need to understand what was meant by "getting loyalty done" before update 2.1.

Does getting  it done mean, don't get caught during my ruby or diamond run, or does it mean I will lose emerald and sapphire, for not having all the way through diamond completed?

Anyone know?
:crazy4:
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • Moderator of This Board
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2009, 11:02 AM »

As I understand it:  Once you earn a gem-it is NOT lost if a week is missed.

If a gem is in progress--and a player misses a day because the game is offline (or they just forget)--They will end up restarting that gem. Example: If you have 2/3 of a ruby done and miss day 3---You would have to start the ruby again.

Does this make sense? Or is it clear as mud? 

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Purple Vice Admin
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2009, 02:42 PM »

Yes thank you it makes sense for the normal environment.

But, as stated in the blog entry "Make sure you complete your Loyalty Challenge tasks" is just confusing.  We can only do them so often, there can't be any "rushing" them.

Guess I'll just keep on my schedule and hope it doesn't go bust.
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

Pages: [1]   Go Up