VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: 10/31 Trick or Treating is up!  (Read 23269 times)

goldengourd

• Gee, I guess I'm not as old as I thought
  • Bat Magic
Re: 10/31 Trick or Treating is up!
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2009, 09:05 PM »

Okay on this last character, took me an hour with crashes and a few times answering door.
Candy bucket - had 60 pieces, had done western age, victorian age, the crossroad/garden/loadin room
Radiation Magic - had 115 pieces, had done Australian, medieval, and about 1/2 space (including not game lobbies yet)
Gold pumpkin - had 207 pieces, other main rooms of space, splashtastic, mermaid, fairy, stil not enough so then went back and finished going in and out of all the space game lobbies (each individual game start docks)
« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 09:14 PM by goldengourd »
-PotOfGoldWench
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

verenice

• Invisibility Magic
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2009, 09:11 PM »

At night fighters don't forget the room after the lobby.  When you walk into lobby select a ship and in that second room you can collect candy as well.

"Don't try to get fancy with the Brita!"
-Lexie

Aurorasparkle

• It is the most wonderful thing in the world to be a mom.
  • Fireworks Magic
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2009, 09:14 PM »

At night fighters don't forget the room after the lobby.  When you walk into lobby select a ship and in that second room you can collect candy as well.

Thank you for mentioning those as well.  I guess they will be more rooms to try towards getting the pumpkin...and then to think I have to do this all over again with my daughter's character. 

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Purple Vice Admin
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2009, 09:18 PM »

Okay, I was not here when this trick or treat started.  I didn't know I should have been counting the candy.

I have gone through every room (not mermaid, etc), did all the space game lobbies rooms, and I don't even have Radiation Magic.  How do I get that, nvm the gold pumpkin at this point?  Run all the mermaid, fairy..? 

This is frustrating!   :sos
:

Aurorasparkle

• Fireworks Magic
« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2009, 09:21 PM »

Okay, I was not here when this trick or treat started.  I didn't know I should have been counting the candy.

I have gone through every room (not mermaid, etc), did all the space game lobbies rooms, and I don't even have Radiation Magic.  How do I get that, nvm the gold pumpkin at this point?  Run all the mermaid, fairy..? 

:

Did you do splashtastic?  I had done the main rooms (but not mermaid and fairy) and then when I went to splashtastic is when it finally gave me magic.

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
  • Purple Vice Admin
« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2009, 09:22 PM »

:

Did you do splashtastic?  I had done the main rooms (but not mermaid and fairy) and then when I went to splashtastic is when it finally gave me magic.

Yes I just finished splashtastic.

Aurorasparkle

• Fireworks Magic
« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2009, 09:29 PM »

:

hmmm...this sure is frustrating for all!  I thought Trick or Treating was suppose to be fun!

I do think I had done one of each lobby of the games also.  Of course now I have to go back through and try and do all of them for this pumpkin.  I didn't realize we had to do all.   Maybe if you do a few of those, you'll finally get the magic. 

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
  • Purple Vice Admin
« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2009, 09:35 PM »

:

hmmm...this sure is frustrating for all!  I thought Trick or Treating was suppose to be fun!

I do think I had done one of each lobby of the games also.  Of course now I have to go back through and try and do all of them for this pumpkin.  I didn't realize we had to do all.   Maybe if you do a few of those, you'll finally get the magic. 

Yes, I did do the game rooms, each one of them, in Space.  (Woot, I just looked again in my inventory and I do have the radiation magic!  Not sure now, how or when I got that.)  So I just went to Arthur's, and OMG it says I got the pumpkin!  Whew!  Thanks for your help Aurora!

verenice

• Invisibility Magic
« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2009, 09:40 PM »

I think their system is so overloaded its not telling us when we get the magic....  either that or they want to have us running around like crazy until we have the good sense to check our inventory!    :lolg:

-Lexie

KrazyPete

• Cactus Seat
« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2009, 09:44 PM »

I got the gold pumpkin and the message in the round table room did tell me when it was awarded. I did NOT do the individual game lobbies. I did all of the other rooms including:

Maps
Mansion
Mazes
Outback
English Countryside
Splashtastic
Fairy land
Mermaid land (note you can get candy in the undersea window room from both sides of the glass)

Dont' forget the colonial garden and the crossroads next to it. None of the stores are on the map either so don't forget those. I did reenter my colonial room, fairy room and underwater room to collect candy in those places. Checkers is the only room that did not give me candy.

Total Candy Count: 196
« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 09:46 PM by KrazyPete »

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #44 on: October 31, 2009, 09:48 PM »

it took forever I think I did every single room including mermaid and fairy and finally got it. that was tough. Now to start another :(

I did all the public areas too. I wonder if it is the amount of candy and I had stingy givers.

UNPROVINCIALWENCH! Kat says I am worldy in a good sense :)

Aurorasparkle

• Fireworks Magic
« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2009, 09:51 PM »

I finally got the pumpkin too!

I did not do mermaid or fairy but did all the other rooms and most of the lobby rooms but not all.

Total count: 194

goldengourd

• Gee, I guess I'm not as old as I thought
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2009, 09:57 PM »

Okay, kids character has 201 got the pumpkin without doing either fairy or mermaid. did go in&out of the game dock rooms
-PotOfGoldWench

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • Moderator of This Board
  • more laundry....
« Reply #47 on: October 31, 2009, 10:06 PM »

Don't forget to try doing this in single player mode - here's the thread for how to:

http://www.vmknobs.com/index.php?topic=5198.0  (thanks flame for how-to)

I completed a spare in single player mode this way from start to finish and got the candy, magic and the gold pumpkin.  Less lag, no ppl in the way - Woot!

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #48 on: October 31, 2009, 10:16 PM »

Okay, kids character has 201 got the pumpkin without doing either fairy or mermaid. did go in&out of the game dock rooms

Yes I think it is the amount of candy I had to do every room to get above 200. Seems kinda unfair but candy amount that must be the key :)

UNPROVINCIALWENCH! Kat says I am worldy in a good sense :)

verenice

• Invisibility Magic
« Reply #49 on: October 31, 2009, 10:28 PM »

Don't forget to try doing this in single player mode - here's the thread for how to:

I completed a spare in single player mode this way from start to finish and got the candy, magic and the gold pumpkin.  Less lag, no ppl in the way - Woot!

Thank you so much for that.  I had not seen that update....  might get done tonight after all!   :bow2: :dance2:

-Lexie

Aurorasparkle

• Fireworks Magic
Re: Re: 10/31 Trick or Treating is up!
« Reply #50 on: October 31, 2009, 10:47 PM »

Oh thank you so much for this!  What a difference!  I dealt with all the lag and shutting off my computer a hundred times with my character.  I'm now doing my daughter's character so I hope this will make it go much quicker. :)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All   Go Up