VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Crossword, Sudoku and word search times?  (Read 4655 times)

Aurorasparkle

• It is the most wonderful thing in the world to be a mom.
  • Fireworks Magic
Crossword, Sudoku and word search times?
« on: October 27, 2009, 09:37 PM »

I'm trying to figure out how often these games change.  I did read in another thread that the word search is around 11:30 pm ET and then again in the morning around 6 or 7.  Is it twice a day, any other times?  I've also noticed the Sudoku changes early in the morning.  Is it only one a day?  I still haven't figured out though how often the crossword changes and how many there are a day.  If anyone can help me out on this I'd appreciate it.  Thank you

Flamanette

• Runs and locks herself in
    a room in order to build
  • Bat Magic
Re: Crossword, Sudoku and word search times?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 10:05 PM »

I'm trying to figure out how often these games change.  I did read in another thread that the word search is around 11:30 pm ET and then again in the morning around 6 or 7.  Is it twice a day, any other times?  I've also noticed the Sudoku changes early in the morning.  Is it only one a day?  I still haven't figured out though how often the crossword changes and how many there are a day.  If anyone can help me out on this I'd appreciate it.  Thank you

The only times I know for certain are the crossword times:  6:30 am; 12:30 pm; 8:00 pm with all times being Eastern.  So there are 3 crossword puzzles each day, with a prize automatically awarded to the first place winner; all other players get a wheel to spin to try to win the prize.

Hope that helps.

.it

Mean people are like sandpaper. They may scratch you and hurt you, but in the end you come out smooth and polished and the mean person is just worn and ugly.

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • Still Soarin' :)
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2009, 10:55 PM »

http://www.vmknobs.com/index.php?topic=5498.0    Word Search

VFK hasn't posted official times for the Word Search.

But, based on what I have seen, this is what I believe as well:

Word Search - 8:30PM Pacific, and one in the morning around 6-7AM Pacific.  (twice in a day)

http://www.vmknobs.com/index.php?topic=5410.0    Crossword/WordMix

crossword/wordmix  times  (wordmix is twice, and crossword is once)     Actual traditional Crossword is at 5PM Pacific

Sudoku is late always -- Sometime between 10PM - 3AM Pacific  (I think once or twice in a day, in this time slot)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 11:18 PM by AstroGigiblue »
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

Aurorasparkle

• It is the most wonderful thing in the world to be a mom.
  • Fireworks Magic
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2009, 11:01 PM »

Thank you both this helps a lot.  :)

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2009, 10:34 AM »

http://www.vmknobs.com/index.php?topic=5498.0    Word Search

VFK hasn't posted official times for the Word Search.

But, based on what I have seen, this is what I believe as well:

Word Search - 8:30PM Pacific, and one in the morning around 6-7AM Pacific.  (twice in a day)

http://www.vmknobs.com/index.php?topic=5410.0    Crossword/WordMix

crossword/wordmix  times  (wordmix is twice, and crossword is once)     Actual traditional Crossword is at 5PM Pacific

Sudoku is late always -- Sometime between 10PM - 3AM Pacific  (I think once or twice in a day, in this time slot)

So nice of VFK to let everyone know when they release their puzzles.  Very convenient...don't ya think?   :hmm:

Flamanar

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Still Soarin' :)
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2009, 12:37 PM »

So nice of VFK to let everyone know when they release their puzzles.  Very convenient...don't ya think?   :hmm:

Flamanar

Agree.   Sadly, we have to come up with our own thoughts on time frames, as VFK has only officially posted times for WordMix, out of all the puzzles offered! 

Really, what is so difficult about throwing a blurb up on the Homepage about anything?  I don't understand why this can't be done?   :??:    I don't think ANY player of the game would even disagree with the fact that we need communication from VFK on a TON of things.
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2009, 02:11 PM »

Flamanar

Agree.   Sadly, we have to come up with our own thoughts on time frames, as VFK has only officially posted times for WordMix, out of all the puzzles offered! 

Really, what is so difficult about throwing a blurb up on the Homepage about anything?  I don't understand why this can't be done?   :??:    I don't think ANY player of the game would even disagree with the fact that we need communication from VFK on a TON of things.

Well I can think of a couple people...LOL.  They shall remain nameless ;)

Again, being a former web design consultant, it takes minutes to update a static webpage.  Really.  They are only making it more difficult for themselves by the lack of communication.  People will ultimately hit the 'HELP' button asking for stuff they don't have information about.  Or they'll clog the phone lines with questions that could have been posted on the Homepage.  Or they'll stalk staff in game.  No matter how you look at it, it creates a situation that leaves VFK greatly understaffed to handle all the unanswered questions...and vastly decreases their ability to improve the game and respond to bug reports.

Why VFK chooses not to communicate in a reasonable fashion?  I can't think of ANY legitimate excuse.  At all.  Goodness...  I feel sorry for them because they're stretched so thin...but at the same time, it's completely avoidable!

Flamanar
« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 02:13 PM by flamanar »
Pages: [1]   Go Up