VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 10/16/2009 Halloween Items are Here!  (Read 5870 times)

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
10/16/2009 Halloween Items are Here!
« on: October 15, 2009, 09:19 PM »

From the official sw blog-- ;)
Halloween Items are Here!

October 15, 2009 3:18 PM

Greeeeeetings SmallWorlds Citizens! That was one of my best attempts at sounding just a little supernatural... I've been practicing especially for this article, trying to sound as ghostly as I could! I'm sure you can guess what this means... its time for the release of the Halloween items here in SmallWorlds! Yes, there's lots of scary excitement on the way!

We've got some great new items and as we did last year, we'll be replacing items in-world over the Halloween period, so you can expect things to look decidedly disturbing from now until November 5th, when everything will return to normal once again. I have a feeling I'm going to feel quite relieved! Everything's available in Happy Halloween Hall, so do come in for a visit and pick up something truly terrifying today!

Don't let the Halloween Bed Bugs bite!

Imagine (if you're brave enough), taking a shower and finding bloody footprints on the shower tray. A swirling vortex will have appeared in the middle of your washing machine, lord knows where you'd end up if you stared at it for long enough! Pink slime in the bathtubs and green slime in the spa pools... its just simply awful! Awfully good, really!

Oh and there's a super scary surprise when you tuck yourselves away in bed for the night. Its so frightening I dare not even describe it, let alone share any images of it with you - you'll just need to wait until you're brave enough to hop into bed!

Halloween-Theme Your Space!

We've added "Halloween" to the themes menu! Choose this theme, and your outdoor and indoor spaces will transform. Think "scarey autumn". You'll see skulls in the trees, and we'll put lots of creepy cobwebs in the corners of all your indoor spaces! To access this theme, when you are in your space click the spanner in the info toolbar, then click Space Settings / Theme.

Here's Dan SmallWorlds enjoying a soak in green slime, in his Halloween themed space!

and here's the outdoor version:

Halloween Mission - Ridgeview High!

This fantastic mission has you playing the role of a young vampire who attends school (Ridgeview High) under the guise of being human! In class, you'll learn about the alliance between Vampires and Werewolves, signed after years of war between them.

Something breaks the alliance, and you'll then need to try and recruit other Vampires for the cause... and just wait till you get to HELLen Park and you've got werewolves hunting you down! Here's a picture of Class 7 in Ridgeview High; where you'll take your seat (if you can actually find your seat that is!).

and now for your science lesson....

I don't want to give away any more details, you'll have to try the mission for yourself! The only other thing I will share with you is that if you manage to complete the mission, you'll be given a rather ghastly gift, a Brain in a Jar! I spent a brief moment wondering just whose brain it was, but the thought was too troubling and so I stopped wondering straightaway.

Halloween Replacement Items

Just as we did last Halloween, there'll be a number of replacements made for standard items. Some of them are simply chilling!

As you can see, trees are replaced with a haunted version, all candles glow a spooky green, flaming torches and campfires will burn a supernatural purple, and fireplaces will burn with green flames.. if you look closely you might even see a face! If you felt like you wanted to 'shake your bones' a little, there's even a Skull Dancefloor!... ooooooh! Oh and look out for the haunted cactus - he's got a rather freakish look on his face!

Food & Kitchen Item Replacements

Planning on inviting your friends over for a meal over the Halloween period? Well now you'll be able to serve them some completely stomach-turning snacks!

Look at what some of our standard fare transforms into over the Halloween period! We've got Maggot Pizza, Brain on a Plate, Green Hot Dogs & Coffee. Why not try some Eyeball Juice (its the one decorated with a bat wing - 'here's looking at you kid"!). As you can see, the blender is all ready to whip up another batch! What on earth is that cooking in the microwave? Oh and look inside the oven - creepy indeed! Don't forget to check the inside your fridge, the contents may have gone through a bit of a transformation!

New Halloween Magic & Lights

We'll be replacing two spells - the Fish Head Spell will transform into the Witch Head Spell and the Donkey Head Spell will become the Vampire Head Spell. We've also got some spooky wall lights too! Visit Mysterios and stock up to make sure you've got some Halloween magic to throw around at your friends!

School Desks & Chairs, and High School Lockers!

I asked Kent if he'd go and take a look at the Ridgeview High mission before it was publicly opened as I felt too nervous to go. He kindly agreed to go and get a couple of screenshots for me and made a rather exciting discovery - all new 'Back to School' items are being released for sale on Smallworlds today, along with the new Halloween items!

We've got three items: a School Desk, a School Chair and High School Lockers! Kent grabbed a couple of shots of these new items being used in the Ridgeview High Mission, and you'll find these items for sale at SmallWorlds Emporium, as well as inside the Happy Halloween Hall, where all the rest of the Halloween goodies await you!

Halloween at SmallWorlds = Lots of good scary fun!

Well citizens, what an exciting time we'll be having together over Halloween here in SmallWorlds! I'm off now to do my laundry, although I'm looking at my transformed washing machine with some trepidation... I wonder what that swirling vortex might do to my nice red suit? I'm just going to have to take the risk! Once its washed, I might even throw a vampire spell at Kent. What fun its' all going to be!

However you decide to celebrate it, all of us here at SWHQ hope you'll be spending some of your Halloween right here in SmallWorlds!

~ Honesty Blaize

« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 10:01 PM by Happy »

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
Re: 10/16/2009
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2009, 09:20 PM »

This year the purple-green lights! Woooot!

From the Happy Halloween Room:
Exit this room using the dungeon door for part 1 of the mission.
Part 1 awards tokens and a dracula magic spell.
Part 2 requires the magic spells and awards tokens and the brain in a jar.

Early in the day it appeared as if each avatar on a carousel can earn the brain.  
Now I am not sure on the status. 
This afternoon a player told me his avatar could hold 7 brains~5 he earned and 2 he purchased.  He attempted to purchase #8 and the Max error displayed. Tonight in the official forums some players are stating there is a Max of 2 brains per account. 

So---I am not sure what is correct. If anyone finds out, please post it here. Thanks

« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 07:45 PM by Happy »

BitBehindWench

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
Re: 10/16/2009 Halloween Items are Here!
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2009, 12:30 AM »

Word on the street is: Now 1 brain per account.

BitBehindWench

goldengourd

• Gee, I guess I'm not as old as I thought
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2009, 07:23 AM »

So the rest of the clones shall remain brainless.
But I thought two brains were better than one.
I think mine was labeled Abby Normal
-PotOfGoldWench
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

RosieC

• I am getting older  :lolg:
    It comes in pints!?!
    I'm gettin' one!!
  • Safari Room
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2009, 09:53 AM »

So the rest of the clones shall remain brainless.
But I thought two brains were better than one.
I think mine was labeled Abby Normal

Frau Blucher!!!       Neeeeeeigh!!     
Sweet maiden of the golden ale.

PintsWench
You say I'm a Wench like it's a bad thing!
Pages: [1]   Go Up