VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: VFK Inventory Suggestion  (Read 4256 times)

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • Still Soarin' :)
VFK Inventory Suggestion
« on: October 14, 2009, 11:53 AM »

Just wondering if anyone has heard if VFK already plans on doing this...or if anyone else also thinks it would be helpful?

I like the "List Items" button that Members get  (We can see each item we have stored in a room, and even click a "store" or "store all" button from this list, to put an item or everything, into inventory). 

However, I think I would like it even more if it gave us a running numeric total of what we had, of each item, in a specific room.  For example:  Halloween Candy and Easter Eggs specifically.  Say I want to know how many Caramels I had in the room, or Blue Easter Eggs.  I want to be able to see that I have like 20 of that item, so I don't have to go through and count each and every single one of them, from this list.  This would be helpful for gifting friends that need certain things for building or whatnot, or for trades.  This way I will know how many I can part with, without leaving myself with none.  I don't like having to go through and count each and every single Easter egg color, hay bale, snow banks, ice blocks, halloween candy, etc.  You get the idea.    :heat:

I did send a Help Report to VFK, just sending it as a suggestion.  I have no idea if it's even possible, or if programming would allow it.  Just a thought though.
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
Re: VFK Inventory Suggestion
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2009, 02:02 PM »

Sounds like a great idea!

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2009, 02:17 PM »

Yeah, that's a great idea.  In the meantime, here's what I do:

I click on the "Item name" bar as seen in the pic below.  It sorts everything in the room into groups:

After that, you can click where the white 'x' is in the picture below.  Everytime you click between the up or down arrow on that right side, you will cycle through 10 items (unless you come close to the beginning or end of your list).  Obviously, clicking on the up or down arrows themselves will cause you to move up or down 1 item in the list:

Experiment with this technique.  Highlight an item and try scrolling to see how far you've gone.  Have fun ;)

Flamanar

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2009, 02:33 PM »

Alright, so another "duh" moment on my part.   :doh:    Thanks for the help, Flame! 

This is what I've been dealing with, and rightfully frustrated.   My items in rooms, were NEVER in any order.  As you can see below.  For example the Teal New Years Balloon, which I circled in the shot below.  1 Balloon would show at the top of the list, and the other Teal Balloons, would show midway down the list (see where the side scroll marker is)!  I never knew that by clicking that "Item Name" bar, it would sort everything into groups.  I must have missed that somewhere along the way.  Ooops.  This is more helpful to me knowing this, than what I have been dealing with.  Although, I still have to count items, bummer... still wish we had a running numeric total though.  :(    Thanks again!

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2009, 02:54 PM »

Astro:  it was clearly documented on page 81 of the VFK E-book users manual.  Surprised you missed that  :lolp: :rofl1:

I actually found out about it by accidentally clicking on the bar instead of the top item once.  Nice surprise I found with that oops.i.

Experiment with other boxes, too.   There are others where you can click on the top bar to make things sort differently (friends list comes to mind).

(hugs)

Flamanar  :)

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2009, 06:56 PM »

Astro:  it was clearly documented on page 81 of the VFK E-book users manual.  Surprised you missed that  :lolp: :rofl1:

I actually found out about it by accidentally clicking on the bar instead of the top item once.  Nice surprise I found with that oops.i.

Experiment with other boxes, too.   There are others where you can click on the top bar to make things sort differently (friends list comes to mind).

(hugs)

Flamanar  :)

HA!  ROFL!   :rofl1:   I clearly missed that in the users manual!   ;)

Thanks again!   :bighug:
Pages: [1]   Go Up