VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 10/12/2009 Test your SmallWorlds Chronicle Knowledge!  (Read 4515 times)

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
10/12/2009 Test your SmallWorlds Chronicle Knowledge!
« on: October 12, 2009, 08:32 PM »

Test your SmallWorlds Chronicle Knowledge!

October 12, 2009 11:54 AM

Greetings, SmallWorlds Citizens!

Something really unusual happened a couple of weeks ago here at the Chronicle Head Office. Honesty and I were sitting together and things were actually just a little bit quiet. I think we'd been more efficient than usual and found ourselves with a whole hour where we didn't need to be anywhere, and we were both a little ahead of schedule on our story calendar. We're usually both such busy people and I confess that the lack of activity started to feel just a tiny bit uncomfortable for us both.
I noticed Honesty shifting uncomfortably in her chair and of course I wanted nothing more than to relieve any uneasiness she might be feeling. I popped my thinking cap on very firmly indeed and came up with what I thought was a great idea - I suggested that we play a little quiz game!

The Quiz!

When I suggested it, Honesty looked so relieved! Quickly, I glanced at the latest issue of the Chronicle. I hurriedly scribbled down a few questions, and asked her to find the answers to them! She really enjoyed it, and in fact it was such fun that it's become a bit of a regular game that we play together! At the beginning of each week, when the new main story comes out, we'll email each other 10 questions which we've taken from all over the newspaper. Last week we got Dan SmallWorlds to come up with a list of questions for us so that we could race each other - it was SO exciting... Honesty won by a whisker!

Anyway - it dawned on me after our last race that maybe we could create a competition around this for you all; Honesty agreed that this was a wonderful idea, and so we got right to work! As well as something fun for you all to do, it has two great side benefits:

1 - You get to know your SmallWorlds Chronicle like the proverbial back of your hand, and 2 - you also get to enter into the a draw for some GREAT prizes!

Win 2000 Gold by reading your SW community newspaper

The quiz won't take you long at all to complete and we think it'll be a really fun thing for you to do! There's a lot of really good information just sitting there in the Chronicle that you may not even have known was there. By the end of the quiz, you'll be a Chronicle expert par excellence!

The Quiz will be open until midnight, 18th October 2009. Then we'll close it, identify the pool of correct entries and 10 lucky winners will be randomly picked and each will receive 2000 Gold!

Honesty and I truly hope you enjoy your intrepid tour around the Chronicle, and we're looking forward to seeing how many of you are up for the challenge!

~ Kent Kronkite

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Blue NOT New Moderator
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • Still Soarin' :)
Re: 10/12/2009 Test your SmallWorlds Chronicle Knowledge!
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2009, 07:01 PM »

Thanks for the heads up on this Happy!   :2thunbs:

Nice Quiz too.   gl to all that entered!   :clap1:
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:
Pages: [1]   Go Up