VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 10/6/2009 Pro Gamers - The Lowdown!  (Read 3851 times)

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
10/6/2009 Pro Gamers - The Lowdown!
« on: October 06, 2009, 10:39 AM »

As all the blogs in this subfroum: From the SmallWorlds Chronicle
Pro Gamers - The Lowdown!

October 6, 2009 3:36 PM

Hey There SmallWorlds citizens! I've just got back from a short holiday, and do you know what? I just couldn't wait to head straight back into my favorite virtual world and level up my gamer XP a little more! Addicted? Heck yeah!

Anyway, while I was playing, I got to thinking that it was high time we did a story on gaming and gamers. I also realized (after I got a sideways look from Kent) that I really did need to get back to work! It dawned on me that this would actually be a great introduction back in to work... a story on gamers! So I've been doing a little research, hanging out with a few pro's, "getting the lowdown" I guess you could say - ha ha!

Ever wanted to meet some of the pro-gamers here on Smallworlds? Hear just how they got so be so good? What they think are the best games to play? Hear a few funny stories about their experiences in the PVP gaming arenas? Well read on my friends, I've got all the info you want right here! Also, at the bottom of the story you'll find a list of all the gaming fun you have have here on SmallWorlds, with links to take you right there to all of em.

NEWSFLASH - Just as we were going to print, news came from the development team to say that the Wagering system is just about ready for release - I'm so excited I can hardly wait! So, watch this space. As soon as I'm able to bring you more details, I'll link to a separate story from right here (ie: this exact paragraph!). Check back on this story within the next couple of days to see if its updated.

Meet The Pro-Gamers

Name: Shark Killer - Tennessee, USA
Gamer XP Level: 68
Shark loves the new gaming arenas "I'm loving the brand new capture the flag! if I'm not doing missions or hanging with my friends, I'm playing capture the flag."

He also likes the classics like pool and space invaders, "thinking on it, SmallWorlds sure does offer quite a variety of gaming...but it's the quality of the games which makes me enjoy them the most" Sharks fave public space? "its got to be Mysterio's - I mean who doesn't enjoy a good magic brawl? I also enjoy The SmallWorlds Help Center - seeing the "boys in gold" (what i like to call the helpers and moderators) help a new player, brings a smile to my face". Awww - looks like the ol' Killer is a bit of a softie at heart there ladies and gents! (hey, no offense meant Shark - I'm right there with you when it comes to team gold). I asked Shark if he had any tips for gamers. He was short and sweet: "Play hard and play to have fun. It's always nice to be prepared as well ie: weapons!!!!"

Shark also wanted me to share this quote with you, I thought it was kinda cool - "I'm not in competition with anybody but myself. My goal is to beat my last performance" -- Celine Dion. (ha - check out the picture at left - looks like Shark's in some deep dark trouble in the arenas games! "spare my virtual soul" - I love it!)

Name: Snow White - Oregon, USA
Gamer XP Level:70

Snow is a true Space Jump junkie, she says that its "become another great reason to log in and enjoy Smallworlds. I have several close friends that I play with; we often play a few and then need to rest up for more, it is a running joke!" She also loves pool and pool tournaments. Snow says she finds Space Jump really thrilling and Pool really relaxing.

Snow reckons that the best way to level up quickly is to get in a groove and just do missions. "They are really fun and they provide plenty of XP and tokens. It won't take long and you will notice your levels going right up, especially if you throw in some VIP and Citizenship Points"

"My friends and I enjoying pushing each others buttons while waiting for the game. We either join on the same team and have a blast working together, or we compete against each other and use the scream emote when we die! We like to talk back & forth with silly comments to try to throw each other off a bit. I find when I play against my close friends I really play hard. We always pick on each other if we are on opposite teams and I wouldn't have it any other way. It brings out the fighting spirit in me, but mostly it just makes me laugh."

Snow wants to encourage everyone to try the new games. "There are all levels and everyone is welcome. I find the games really positive for the most part and I think the experienced players generally understand that it takes time to get the games down".

She strongly suggests reading the rules first and to bring some weapons before you go in. "Don't get in the game and then ask how to play or to borrow things. You just won't survive. You will however meet new people and make new friends. Warning though, you may become addicted, but you most likely already are to SmallWorlds. See you in the games!" Thanks Snow, count me in!

Name: Timmy Tanks, Pennsylvania, USA
Gamer XP Level: 63

I caught up with Timmy and we had an awesome talk about our common love of the gaming arenas. "Yeah the PVP gaming is so fun...you never know who will win. I am very competitive and these games make it fun! I wish people knew how many great people you can meet in the game arenas. The GG's ('good game') shared after playing and the speed of upping my XP and tokens is excellent. I play a lot but already leveled up twice in gamer over two days and had a lot of fun doing it."

Timmy has a great laugh seeing the competitive nature of what he calls the other "sweet innocent players - people getting so into it and getting so mad about losing or getting killed. Really makes ya laugh!" There is one player he loves to play against - Equinox Requim. Timmy told me that Equinox walks around whistling while knocking people off "... *shoot* *whistle* *shoot* *whistle*. Just keeps me laughing, Idk why but it does!""

I learned that the best protection against Timmy is to formulate yourself a nice long interesting motto to distract him with! "When aiming to shoot I often find myself reading their motto's ... I go to shoot and instead i click on the avi.. then I have to scramble to close it and I often end up dying or something! haha." Timmys last words to me? "I'm competitive. No mercy!" Timmy...I relate my friend, I relate - ha!

Name: Nota Notherone - lives In SmallWorlds(!)
Gamer XP Level:61

Nota is yet another Space Jump devotee...(are you getting the message citizens, these PVP games are seriously fun!). "I'm pretty competitive so when an evenly divided game is in play I love the adrenaline rush it gives. Pool would have to be my next game of choice. After an intense game of Space Jump it's nice to go to a close friends place and listen to some good tunes and calm down with a nice mellow game of pool. If a wager is made even better!"

Nota's advice on levelling up quick? "My advice would be to get a year or more subscription of VIP and start doing missions. Those bonus XP and tokens are quite helpful with leveling up faster"

I asked Nota if she would share any funny stories from the PVP gaming arenas. "I have a few really close friends I enjoy playing with and sometimes it's just fun to go stand directly in front of one of those friends who is on the opposite team and shoot as many times as you can to see who gets sent back to the base first. Most of the time I am the one being sent back but I know it is all in good fun!"

As I well know, it doesn't take long to get addicted to these PVP games, and it seems that a friend of Notas found that one out in a hurry! "One afternoon one of our friends came to join us for his first game of Space Jump, we all laugh now cause just about every day that friend logs on around the same time for a quick game or two of Space Jump. He enters the lobby and we all laugh cause we know he is here for his Space Jump fix."

If you're new to it all, Nota recommends trying Space Jump and Tombstone as she feels they are the easiest to get a feel for the new games. She wouldn't recommend jumping right into Magma when first trying out the PVP games "there are some REALLY SKILLFUL players there. Enjoy and have fun. There are some pretty neat people in-world to meet no matter what game you decide to play." Thanks Nota, great chatting with you!

Well Citizens, I hope this convinces a few of you to give it all a try! Remember its a good idea to come prepared. Before you take off to one of the arenas, go make a quick visit to Sovereign Plaza and start creating your arsenal!

Now that this story has been published I've noticed that Kent has been giving me a few more approving looks; I'm hoping that means that I've earned the right to to go play a little more! Oh yeah, I just realized that I've got a 'hot' date with a fireball bazooka - woohoo! See you in the arenas.
~ Johnny Wilde

Hey BTW citizens, There are a ton of other gaming spaces to go to, other than the PVP gaming arenas. Here's a list of all the stuff you can do:

Gaming Lounges. Arcade Games, Pool, Fast Draw

Kaspars Game Lounge: A Gaming Lounge for the intellectually gifted. Chinese Checkers, Chess, Checkers. Refined decor. Nice!

Spacies Fun Zone: All the best video games from around the world are in Spacies Arcade. Come check em out!

Fun Spot: Home of our famous and really fun Fast Draw game! Sharpen that virtual pencil and get ready for a lot of laughs.

Cue Club: A comtemporary basement level pool bar and club. Come shoot pool till you can't shoot straight no more!

Game Planet: The best place on Moon Base Charlie to talk, play and live games!

PVP Game Arenas

Arena Central
The place to find players and information about Arena Games. Get a pea shooter for free by completing the Gamer mission in the Landing Pad

Tombstone: Return all your Teams Skulls to the pedestal in yrou base before time runs out or the other team beats you to it!

Space Jump Rookie: A great first stop-off if you're new to Arena Games. Try and steal the oppositions flag and return it to your base!

Space Jump - Magic Mayhem: Get on down to Mysterios and stock up my friends, this is the place for truly letting your hair down with all things magic - no rules, just blast em!

Magma Core Competitive: Another capture the flag style game, set amongst flaming rivers of Lava. Once you've got some gaming experience under your belt, give this competitive level game a try first. Weapons to CP10, and Wearables to Level 50.

Magma Core Professional: This ones is for the pro's. Weapons to CP40, and Wearables to Level 90.

Buying Weapons and Magic

To stock up on Weapons or Magic, make a visit to Sovereign Plaza (for weapons) or Mysterios (for magic). Arena Central also has a few weapons available for sale.

If you need more CP's so you can purchase weapons, invite some more friends into SmallWorlds to come have fun with you and you'll get fantastic CP rewards!

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Pages: [1]   Go Up