VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question about Crossword Spinner?  (Read 5471 times)

verenice

• Invisibility Magic
Question about Crossword Spinner?
« on: October 02, 2009, 08:40 AM »

When you finish the crossword puzzle you get to spin the wheel.  Does the time it took to complete the puzzle matter as to what prize you get or is it completely random?   :??:

Because I've been doing the crosswords all week and I get 0 every single time.  :td:

"Don't try to get fancy with the Brita!"
-Lexie

Flamanette

• Runs and locks herself in
    a room in order to build
  • Bat Magic
Re: Question about Crossword Spinner?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2009, 08:48 AM »

When you finish the crossword puzzle you get to spin the wheel.  Does the time it took to complete the puzzle matter as to what prize you get or is it completely random?   :??:

Because I've been doing the crosswords all week and I get 0 every single time.  :td:

UGH!  You mean to say that you have been getting "0" credits every time you spin that wheel???  That stinks worse than getting one PEG away from the win.  I have no idea how the wins are determined to be honest...the only thing I know is that there seems to be NO pattern:  you can finish in a flash and get zero creditsl; you can do the puzzle two hours later and get a lamp if you land on a win.

It seems to be very random indeed; I have place multiple times in the top 30 and gotten:  NOTHING....

Sorry I can't be of any more help!  Good luck on future spins, if your patience holds out from getting all those zeros.

Flamanette

Mean people are like sandpaper. They may scratch you and hurt you, but in the end you come out smooth and polished and the mean person is just worn and ugly.

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • Still Soarin' :)
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2009, 10:33 AM »

Sorry to hear about your zero credits Verenice.   :td:    I have gotten plenty of zero credits too.  But, from personal experience, hang in there.  I had won a lamp at around 1:30am or so, like a week ago.  The wheel is totally random, I do believe.  I've heard that the chances to win a lamp are much better, the faster the puzzle is solved, when it is released for that time frame.  But, there have been people in the Top 30 list that haven't won a lamp either. 

Well, the new spinner prize wheel came out on 9-18.  I had sent a Help Report 9-19, with just a question with regards to the odds on winning the Lamp.  I can't remember now exactly what I had asked?  But, I know I did ask basically if it was even worth doing the puzzles, like after hours (usually that's the only quiet time I have to do them).  Which in turn would mean that the crossword puzzle had been out for 5 hours by that time.  I figured why even bother solving the puzzle at that time, if my odds of winning a lamp were pretty much over.  But ... if the odds were still in my favor, then heck I would certainly try!

This was the response from Vintage.  I had sent the report on 9-19, so a day after the spinner was released.  This was her reply:   In a nutshell, odds are very random.  Regardless if you're solving the puzzle hours after it's released, or right away -- everyone has the same odds.  Hope that helps.

:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2009, 10:50 AM »

I've heard from others who said they talked to Enigma who said the odds were better for a person in the top 30 (no guarantee, of course), and that 1 more lamp was given out to one of that group.  I dunno.  We need a final determination on this. 

Flamanar

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2009, 01:52 PM »

I've heard from others who said they talked to Enigma who said the odds were better for a person in the top 30 (no guarantee, of course), and that 1 more lamp was given out to one of that group.  I dunno.  We need a final determination on this. 

Flamanar

Perhaps when Flame phones Gail asking for our coconut tops, :lolg: he can ask about this spin...   ;) :bighug:

verenice

• Invisibility Magic
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2009, 03:24 PM »

I guess its just my luck then....  I'll keep trying then, its bound to let me win sometime.

Perhaps when Flame phones Gail asking for our coconut tops, :lolg: he can ask about this spin...   ;) :bighug:

I think I'd like a coconut top better than the lamp.. :laugh2:

"Don't try to get fancy with the Brita!"
-Lexie

ScarlettPixie

• Having your friends vaporize
    you in laser tag.... Priceless!
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
  • Just another Scarlett Pixie....
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2009, 08:32 AM »

SHHEEESSH!

I got a Gilligan Flashback in my head now with the scene of Gilligan wearing the Coconut top!  :P
ScarlettPixie

Push me too far, and I will sing like a canary.

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2009, 10:07 AM »

Ok...it took me a while, but I did make that phone call to Gail and she confirmed that there is NO benefit to placing in the top 30.  Everyone after the first place winner has the same odds of winning the spin...regardless of whether they place second or 200th. 

(hugs)

Flamanar

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2009, 01:32 PM »

Thanks for the info Flame about the spinner!  :bighug:

And the coconut tops?   :lolg:

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2009, 03:20 PM »

Thanks for the info Flame about the spinner!  :bighug:

And the coconut tops?   :lolg:

LOL.  Flame was  :-X about the coconuts.   I'm sure the answer would be 'soon' if I did ask, though!  :lolp:

Flamanar

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Still Soarin' :)
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2009, 09:19 AM »

Ok...it took me a while, but I did make that phone call to Gail and she confirmed that there is NO benefit to placing in the top 30.  Everyone after the first place winner has the same odds of winning the spin...regardless of whether they place second or 200th.  

(hugs)

Flamanar

Yup, every since I asked Vintage about the odds, personally I have not even bothered for Top 30.   :lolg:    I can do my puzzle at my leisure, and win a lamp then.    ;)
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:
Pages: [1]   Go Up