VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 9/21/2009 Announcing the Semi-Finalists!  (Read 4167 times)

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
9/21/2009 Announcing the Semi-Finalists!
« on: September 22, 2009, 12:02 PM »

TO VOTE VIEW THE SMALLWORLDS CHRONICLE AT SMALLWORLDS.COM

Announcing the Semi-Finalists!

REMINDER: CAST YOUR VOTES AT SMALLWORLDS.COM---Not here at SWFansite.

September 21, 2009 5:17 PM

Miro, Picasso, Monet, Da Vinci, Lichtenstein, Dali, Warhol, not to mention all the artists I had never even heard of.... my head is simply swimming with art! Then there's also the sheer amount of wonderful talent that this competition has brought forward for us all to see, I'm just overwhelmed with it all!

The SemiFinalists have been chosen!

I've just returned from my final run-through of all the entries submitted and I must confess that I'm feeling rather breathless. I've spent hours looking through them all, admiring the skills of all their talented creators. I had two main predictions for this competition, and I must say that I have been spot on with both of them:

1) there is no shortage of artistic talent in the SmallWorlds community, and
2) that the task of choosing 15 semi-finalists was going to be extremely difficult!

In fact, it was so difficult that I just HAD to add one extra semi-finalist into each category giving a total of 18 semi-finalists in all. I only wish I could have chosen more! Some very deserving entries just couldn't be squeezed onto the short-list. And I am very, very relieved that I do not have to pick out the top three.

As you will recall from when I announced the competition, I said that once I had chosen the semifinalists in each of the three categories, these would then be put to a public vote. The three polls you can use to cast your vote are below. Voting closes at midnight SWT on Sunday 27th of September. The prizes to be awarded are as follows:

Judges Choice Awards:
2000 Gold will be awarded to each of the 18 semi-finalists - Congratulations to you all!

Citizens Choice Awards:
5000 Gold will be awarded to the winners within each of the three categories, based on the number of citizen votes received!

Citizens Choice Supreme Award
A further 8000 Gold will be awarded to the forgery receiving the highest number of votes from the three award categories!
Now lets add that up - 2000 Gold for a semi-fnalist pick, a further 5000 Gold for winning one of the three category places... and the chance to walk away with another 8000 Gold if you are awarded the Citizens Choice Supreme Award - one lucky winner could be awarded a total of 15,000 Gold!

Thanks to you all!

Before I announce the 18 semi-finalists I would like to sincerely express my thanks to all who entered the Art Forgery competition. I've enjoyed myself so much - it's been better than a visit to the Louvre, and at a fraction of the cost! I've been reading the forum comments surrounding the competitions, and it's been heartwarming to see how complimentary so many are about the work that has been submitted - it seems like everyone who has participated has had a great time.

Under each category title, you will find images of each semi-finalist forgery, with a picture of the original painting. Click on the image to bring up a bigger version, and check the forum thread too... it often has an even bigger version, as well as the location you can go to see the art inworld. Semifinalists are listed in no particular order.

The Semi-Finalists: Face/Portrait Category

Portrait / Face Category: Who Do You Think Should Win?

Sleiya Ajieh: Girl with the Pearl Earring (Vermeer)

Itis Me: Eye (Escher)

Oscy Cavanagh: Lady with Ermine (Da Vinci)

Rabbit Smith: Blue Rose (Ji)

Patrick Nagel the Second: Mirage Editions Commemerative #1 (Nagel)

Kitty Latina: Madonna Litta (Da Vinci)

The Semi-Finalists: Landscape Category

Landscape Category: Who Do You Think Should Win?

Idda Ratherbehome: Venice Twilight (Monet )

Babygirl Fran the Second: Half Dome, Yosemite (Bierstadt)

Tunococ Coconut: Stairway to Paradise (Kincaid)

Lily O’Sulivan: Boats Leaving the Harbor (Monet)

Skky Kaizer: Storm in Rocky Mountains (Bierstadt)

Design Star: Starry Night (Van Gogh)

The Semi-Finalists: Abstract / Modern Category

Abstract / Modern Category: Who Do You Think Should Win?

Pandoras Box: The Dream (Picasso)

Uva Back: Puppet Show (Hussar)

Jupiter Moonchild: Inner Eye (Lichtenstein)

Shane Fahey: L’Acrobat (Picasso)

Nelvea Moonchild: Son of Man (Magritte)

Lea Wee: The Persistence of Memory (Dali)

Voting Closes - Sunday 27th September

I'm so looking forward to announcing the winners to you next week! Voting is open for a almost a week, closing at midnight, Sunday 27th of September. As I mentioned in the story announcing the competition, in order to keep things honest and prevent citizens voting multiple times, we have had to strictly set the poll parameters and can only allow One Vote per IP Address. My sincere apologies to you if you share a network with multiple SmallWorlds citizens, as only one vote will be allowed from your address. Unfortunately this is the only method that is available so that we may discourage cheating and ensure fairness for all competitors.

Report on the Winners...Coming soon!

Thank you once again to all of you who entered the SmallWorlds Art Forgery competition. Judging it has been a fantastic experience for me and I know that you've all had a lot of fun creating your forgeries. I am just so excited to see the results of the public vote - and I'll be bringing you the full report, complete with interviews with our three talented winners.
Don't forget that voting closes at midnight, Sunday 27th September. Cast your vote now!
~Honesty Blaize
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 03:58 PM by Happy »

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
Re: 9/21/2009
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2009, 12:09 PM »

Some of the paintings are amazing.  I courage everyone to take a look and vote. 

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

goldengourd

• Gee, I guess I'm not as old as I thought
  • Bat Magic
Re: 9/21/2009
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2009, 01:33 PM »

Wow! And oh my gosh! And wow! The things some ppl can do with those graffiti boards!
-PotOfGoldWench
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!
Pages: [1]   Go Up