VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: 9/16 Crossword/WordMix Puzzle Trials OVER for the time being  (Read 10478 times)

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • Still Soarin' :)
Re: 9/16 Crossword/WordMix Puzzle Trials OVER for the time being
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2009, 03:33 PM »

heh, you've all been warned that I tend to be rather wordy here!   :laugh2:

I think the quotes is what bothered me most, when I started reading.  It really did speak volumes as to what was going on with these puzzles and the bigger picture.

Anywho, Yes I am aware that the cloning issue with only allowing 1 avatar per email account, can be solved by opening several email accounts.  I guess I was just assuming to everyone here, that I can't see someone actually taking the time to open HUNDREDS of email accounts (even the free sites.  most IPs give us a bunch to use as well).  Maybe I'm foolish in thinking they wouldn't ... who knows.  But, I do think it would deter them from doing so anyway.  Seeing trades in the past, of players trading off upwards of 100+ of one single quest item or host prize ... I just find it hard to believe anyone would take the time to actually create that many extra email addresses.  VFK made it pretty easy for cloning to continue, in allowing 1 email address for possibly hundreds of avatars.

Yep, I noticed those comments you posted too, Flame.  All I can say is consider the source of who is saying that stuff and more.  'Nuff said. 

Oh and, SW will ban you if you're caught cloning there.  They are very very serious about it.  Here is a link about it if you're interested:

http://www.vmknobs.com/index.php?topic=4340.0
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2009, 03:34 PM »

Wendy,

Wishing you and King good test results and prayers for a safe trip; with prayers for your aunt as well.

:bighug:

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2009, 03:40 PM »

There are some really good ideas in this thread as a way to tweak the puzzles to make most people happy. I hope some folks send in some of these ideas- I do think they listen more than we think.  :)

Unfortunately, the one thing VMK taught many players very well was how to build a clone army. On VMK, I know we had up to 8 characters per E-Mail address. It was easy to set up an E-Mail address and then create a Disney account with multiple "family members". Once that was done, you could use those family members' disney log ins to create characters for VMK. We all know King had a reputation for his clone "army" walking around dressed alike.  :lolg: My clones were walking around in basic clothing and looked so poor, people would actually offer them free items unsolicited!  :rofl1: I have a mixed opinion about this. I like having clones to get multiple quest items for gifting and building. It is also nice to be able to run through the mazes with a group one after the other with the limited time we have to be on. We do not stack clones around during host hunts, etc. though. If it is something that may take away from another player having a chance, we don't use clones for that. I think many players who always felt like they were constantly keeping up with the Jones' on VMK approached VFK with lots of extra characters. We did not approach things like that, because we were still stunned at the instant loss of everything on VMK. We have a small group of clones now because some quest prizes are great for building and we like having extras to gift. Sadly, many of the heavy hitting traders use their clones to hoard items,etc.

I have actually been spending some online time at Webkinz with the kids this week until all of this calms down. I am still hopping on VFK for daily member credits and try to hop on for a close now and then. It's been good to rethink the things I really enjoy about the game - building, visiting, getting vaporized by the kids in Night fighters!  :sur: We will probably be off for the next couple days. My aunt was hospitalized with congestive heart failure and internal bleeding. They cannot find the source of bleeding and things do not look good. She is only 50. King and I have a few tests tomorrow and then a possible trip to see my aunt. Hugs to everyone - have a great weekend!

Aww Wendy :(  Huge Flame family thoughts/prayers for your aunt!  And for your tests.  Blech...hate tests!

Rest up and take your time.  We're still here for you in the meantime and when you get back!  Please let us know if you need us to get anything for you in the meantime.

I'm really bummed I missed all your clones and Kings 'clone army' on VMK :(  Sounds so funny just thinking about it! :lolg:

Concerning clones:  Flame has some.  :-X

Astro:  ROFL.  I didn't know I had competition in 'wordiness' ;)  LOL

The problem with having many many clones is the maintenance.  Keeping track of them, what they have, and the time it takes to accomplish quests/hunts/etc.  You could really spend all day just doing 'clone stuff'.  That's ridiculous to me, but I'm sure there are some that do it.  Just like there are some that will take the time to create a ridiculous amount of free email addresses just to make more clones.  Sigh...

Thanks for the link, too.  I only have a cat on SW...so I think I'm safe :)  Checking out that link, though.  Thanks for the heads up!

(huge Flame hugs)

Flamanar

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2009, 04:35 PM »

What all the above said I agree. makes this post the smallest.

Oh am I a dunce.  :slam_head:I do have clones and they all different email address duh!!!! Oh and I have only 1/3 of what I had on VMK. I only added many more when I decide how great the christmas gifts are.

I did finish once and got to see my name in lights. But I was so disappointed because I thought if you got your title on the list you got a lamp. I thought at least the first 20 or 25. And I only got through the puzzle with the help of Gold. I had it all filled in but some were wrong.

To be honest since the ride competition I have not got over my bad taste in my mouth. I know I will not be renewing my paid membership. To much favoritism in my view.

I do not care about rare I just like to build. Since I only own one accidental host prize and it was on a clone rofl.

PS how will we know when our membership is going to be renewed and how do we stop it since they might just automatically renew. Remembering I paid 50.00 US for monthy membership because they never answered my emails :)
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

UNPROVINCIALWENCH! Kat says I am worldy in a good sense :)

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2009, 04:47 PM »

Oh am I a dunce.  :slam_head:I do have clones and they all different email address duh!!!! Oh and I have only 1/3 of what I had on VMK. I only added many more when I decide how great the christmas gifts are.

I did finish once and got to see my name in lights. But I was so disappointed because I thought if you got your title on the list you got a lamp. I thought at least the first 20 or 25. And I only got through the puzzle with the help of Gold. I had it all filled in but some were wrong.

To be honest since the ride competition I have not got over my bad taste in my mouth. I know I will not be renewing my paid membership. To much favoritism in my view.

I do not care about rare I just like to build. Since I only own one accidental host prize and it was on a clone rofl.

PS how will we know when our membership is going to be renewed and how do we stop it since they might just automatically renew. Remembering I paid 50.00 US for monthy membership because they never answered my emails :)

From what I understand, the memberships auto-renew.  So an email or phone call to VFK to let them know NOT to do that would be wise.  Keep track of your contact with VFK, and if you continue to be charged after requesting that they NOT renew your membership...dispute the charges with your CC company.

I also remember hearing that they are supposed to send out notices when the memberships are getting ready to expire and give options.  I haven't seen that happen yet (I had my Australian go auto-renew to monthly, and of course the '1 month membership' is montly)...maybe they are referring to Beta Founders only.  I DID hear that they are supposed to do something VERY special for the Beta Founders members.  Can't wait to see what they offer ;)

Flamanar

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2009, 04:49 PM »

I'm not sure how you could find out other than calling them. Not sure how they would do a renewal (automatic or ask you first?)  And Flame's right: send emails and keep track of it (along with the rest he says)

If it were me, (and speaking just for me) IF you used a credit card, I'd pay it off now and cancel that card and close the account completely.  You could always open up a new card with a new number.  -- Or you could check with the credit card company to see if they would switch it to a new account for you immediately where it might not allow automatic renewals unless approved again by you.  Just a thought...

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2009, 05:07 PM »

Oh am I a dunce.  :slam_head:I do have clones and they all different email address duh!!!! Oh and I have only 1/3 of what I had on VMK. I only added many more when I decide how great the christmas gifts are.

I'm not sure how you could find out other than calling them. Not sure how they would do a renewal (automatic or ask you first?)  And Flame's right: send emails and keep track of it (along with the rest he says)

If it were me, (and speaking just for me) IF you used a credit card, I'd pay it off now and cancel that card and close the account completely.  You could always open up a new card with a new number.  -- Or you could check with the credit card company to see if they would switch it to a new account for you immediately where it might not allow automatic renewals unless approved again by you.  Just a thought...

:roflmao: :laugh2: :rofl1: :rofl1: :roflmao: :laugh2: :sur: too funny pay it off uh unless I win the lottery ain't going to happen anytime soon:sur: Oh and I can not remember which one I used Duh. So I guess I will call the 2  I have and say not to allow any charges from Ok what is the name of the company again. Oh and will they be using teh australia address.

Or I could just say they are lost. And get a new card. That might be the easier. The sad thing is I should not even be having to think about this.

Grrr
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

UNPROVINCIALWENCH! Kat says I am worldy in a good sense :)

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2009, 05:42 PM »

:( sorry Belle  :bighug:

sunday_monkey

• Long live the Muppets!
    Ever since I was a young girl
    I've played the silver ball
  • Fireworks Magic
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2009, 05:59 PM »

:roflmao: :laugh2: :rofl1: :rofl1: :roflmao: :laugh2: :sur: too funny pay it off uh unless I win the lottery ain't going to happen anytime soon:sur: Oh and I can not remember which one I used Duh. So I guess I will call the 2  I have and say not to allow any charges from Ok what is the name of the company again. Oh and will they be using teh australia address.

Or I could just say they are lost. And get a new card. That might be the easier. The sad thing is I should not even be having to think about this.

Grrr

The debits show up on my credit card statements as being from "VIRTUAL FAMILY KINGD 954"

When I canceled my memberships I sent an email to support@virtualfamilykingdom.com and in the subject line I put "Cancel VIP Memberships".

I received an email back within a few days stating that my memberships were canceled and the last date that they would be valid for.  I haven't had any issues with VFK charging my card after receiving validation that they were canceled, so hopefully it will go smoothly for you too. I like having it done via email so that I have proof of cancellation. 

Good luck! 
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up