VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: XP From Widgets  (Read 4254 times)

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
XP From Widgets
« on: August 28, 2009, 12:57 PM »

There seem to be a number of issues since 2.0.  SW is working on them.
I'm WAY behind on my reading at the official forums.
Evidently with 2.0 they  made a move to cap the xp given from widgets each day.  Here is a post By CoFounder Darren Green"

Link:  http://forum.smallworlds.com/showthread.php?t=34335&page=9

Hey Everyone

Just letting you know we are reviewing this. The XP cap is based on a time limit:

- Cap XP on general activity basis (eg widget use, arcade game use ) at a max of 3h per day.

- Cap XP on a specific activity basis (eg use of a specific widget, playing a specific game ) at 1h per day.

- For widgets we also cap the payout at 30 minutes per session, and for games in the games arcade, they are capped at 5 minutes per game (we are thinking about increasing these).

As it stands currently, this would mean (at the earning rate of 3xp per minute) a maximum of 180xp per specific widget per day, and 540xp total from widgets/games per day.

Looking at some of the limits you are experiencing, this looks like a bug. We may increase the per widget limit from 1 hour to 3 hours, for those that just use one widget (like artists).

Can those of you who reported 60xp or so limit, can you take a look at your Profile Panel, and the the Experience section, and add up the XP you had received since 2.0 was released please (not including the opening balances of course)?

Thank you.

Today I was doing some widget testing.  I was able to get 101 social XP points from sticking my head in a guest book before it maxed out.  (Yes SOCIAL, not EXPLORER!)  So if you need a little social, try a guest book.  I just tried the Flickr frame with the red curtain and got no XP of any kind.   
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 01:02 PM by Happy »

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Pages: [1]   Go Up