VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 8/25/2009 Welcome to Version 2.0!  (Read 4133 times)

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
8/25/2009 Welcome to Version 2.0!
« on: August 26, 2009, 09:43 AM »

Welcome to Version 2.0!  

August 25, 2009 11:35 AM

Greetings SmallWorlds citizens and welcome to Version 2.0! This is the biggest release in SmallWorlds history and I know you're going to love exploring the new spaces and features, playing Arena Games and Combobulating your Dragon Egg and Vial sets.

You may notice some things about this release we didn't mention in any Sneak Preview. Things like the new beds, for example. Or the amazing new Game Arena set in space!

I've got exciting news about a brand new reward for one-year VIP membership... something not available in any store! And to help you get the most from Version 2.0, I've included some essential details about how some of the new features work.
New, Exclusive VIP Membership Reward!

Presenting... the Hotrod Skateboard! It's perfect for racing around on, and very exclusive. It's not available in shops, so it's guaranteed to be rare - only your one-year VIP friends will have it.

This skateboard is the new reward for purchasing a one-year VIP membership. It's a special thanks from the SmallWorlds team for your wonderful support.

If you've purchased VIP membership in the last two months and wish to swap your previous reward (the Heat-Ray Gun) for the Hotrod Skateboard, email support@smallworlds.com with your details. (Note that a swap will mean your Heat-Ray Gun will be removed from your inventory and replaced with the Hotrod Skateboard).

New Gold Salary for High-Ranking Citizens!

Now high-ranking citizens will receive a Gold Salary as well as their normal Token bonus for completing Loyalty Challenges. When you complete a Weekly Loyalty Challenge and receive a new gem, you'll also receive a salary in Gold. The salary starts when you are on Citizen Level 5, and increases as your Citizen Levels increase.

You'll also get an XP and Token payout bonus on missions based on your Citizen Level.

Refer to the Citizen Levels page in the Help & Tips section of the SmallWorlds Chronicle for more details on the amounts for the salary and bonuses. (Pasted this info in next post on this thread)

How to Challenge Your Friends and Have Wagers on Games

All multi-player games in SmallWorlds now have a great new feature! You can choose whether to compete in a game tournament or whether to challenge someone to a private game - and bet Gold or Tokens on the game.

• Click the Tournament Game button to have your score from the game entered into the tournament. • Click the Challenge Game button to challenge someone to a private game. You can choose to bet Tokens or Gold on the game if you wish, and your opponent must match your bet to play you.

If you wish you can challenge a friend to a game. Click on the Challenge symbol that will appear next to your friend's name, then enter a message.

The Challenge message will be emailed to your friend.

How to Theme Your Outdoor Space

There are two new themes you can use for outdoor spaces: Lava and Winter.

To choose one, use the Spanner next to your space name to open your Space Settings window. (They won't do anything to an indoor space).

Well citizens, that's all from me. I'm heading to Kasper's Game Lounge now as I've just received a challenge from Honesty to play a game of chess. To my surprised, she has placed a wager on the game and we have 100 Gold riding on the outcome. I only hope my nerves are up to it!

I know you'll enjoy discovering all the new things to see and do. Have fun!
- Kent Kronkite
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 03:06 PM by Happy »

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
Re: 8/25/2009 Welcome to Version 2.0!
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 02:57 PM »

Citizen Levels

Citizen Levels are the most important attribute your avatar has. They can be achieved by earning Citizen Points.

1 Citizen Level = 20 Citizen Points
What will Citizen Levels give me?

* A title which bestows a social ranking. You can rise from humble beginnings to become a SmallWorlds Duke or Duchess!
    * Access to exclusive items.
    * A weekly salary of Gold when you complete the weekly Loyalty Challenge.
    * An XP and Token Bonus when doing missions.
      They boost your avatar’s Health and Speed.

Earn Citizen Points by Inviting Friends

* Invite a friend from your Social Network (Facebook, MySpace, Bebo), and receive 1 Citizen Point instantly!
    * When that friend installs SmallWorlds and comes into the world for the first time, you get 20 Citizen Points.
    * If you invite a friend using email or the ‘Make a Friend’ option on the Avatar Editor, then when that friend enters SmallWorlds and verifies their email, you get 1 Citizen Point. When that friend gets to level 20 in any of the XP Paths (Gamer, Explorer, Artist, Social), you get 20 Citizen Points.

Earn Citizen Points for VIP Membership

* All VIP members receive 60 Citizen Points (3 Levels) per month. If you purchase a 12 month VIP membership, you’ll receive 720 Citizen Points (36 Levels)!

Gold Salaries for High-Ranking Citizens

Citizens with a Citizen Level of 5 or above receive a Gold Salary for completing Loyalty Challenges.  When you complete a Weekly Loyalty Challenge and receive a new gem, you'll also receive the Gold payment specified below.

•    If you are Citizen Level 5 (up to CL9) - you receive 100 Gold.
•    If you are Citizen Level 10 (up to CL19) - you receive 200 Gold.
•    If you are Citizen Level 20 (up to CL39) - you receive 300 Gold.
•    If you are Citizen Level 40 (up to CL79) - you receive 400 Gold.
•    If you are Citizen Level 80 (up to CL159) - you receive 500 Gold.
•    If you are Citizen Level 160 (up to CL2399) - you receive 600 Gold.
•    If you are Citizen Level 240 (up to CL319) - you receive 700 Gold.
•    If you are Citizen Level 320 or over - you receive 800 Gold.

XP and Token Bonuses for High-Ranking Citizens

Citizens with a Citizen Level of 5 or above receive a bonus of extra XP and Tokens when they complete a mission. The bonus received (a percentage of the normal payout) is detailed below.

•    If you are Citizen Level 5 (up to CL9) - you receive a 10% bonus.
•    If you are Citizen Level 10 (up to CL19) - you receive a 20% bonus.
•    If you are Citizen Level 20 (up to CL39) - you receive a 30% bonus.
•    If you are Citizen Level 40 (up to CL79) - you receive a 40% bonus.
•    If you are Citizen Level 80 (up to CL159) - you receive a 50% bonus.
•    If you are Citizen Level 160 (up to CL2399) - you receive a 60% bonus.
•    If you are Citizen Level 240 (up to CL319) - you receive a 70% bonus.
•    If you are Citizen Level 320 or over - you receive an 80% bonus.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 03:04 PM by Happy »

BitBehindWench

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
Re: 8/25/2009 Welcome to Version 2.0!
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2009, 02:58 PM »

The above is from Help and Tips---Citizen Levels page in the Chronicle.

Reminder: If you are just shy of level 40 (say at level 37) ---a month of vip costs 1500 gold and will give 3 citizen levels.
The bonuses over time may help it pay for itself. 

BitBehindWench

Pages: [1]   Go Up