VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The mazes have been 'fixed' :(  (Read 4992 times)

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
The mazes have been 'fixed' :(
« on: August 15, 2009, 12:06 PM »

Some bad news for us 'maze runners':  VFK has plugged all the 'holes'.  No more shortcuts.  Not sure what the reasoning behind this move was, but let's think about it for a second:

1) VFK comes out with an UBER-rare maze prize that brings alot of people (yes and clones, too) on game to run the maze hoping to get the equivalent of the Holy Grail...

2) VFK turns around and makes it take ALOT longer to even run the maze...which if you stretch the extra time out over a couple dozen clones adds up to alot MORE time...for very little reward...

3) Hence:  people start giving up running the maze anymore because it's too much of a pain and takes too much time. Instead, they stay off game and play the lottery...which probably has better odds than getting a broken wall in the mazes.

4) Values of broken walls soar...so people who haven't gotten one yet will have a very difficult time trading for one.

5) VFK starts to look mighty empty again.

All just personal opinion, but... :td:

Flamanar

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
  • Moderator of This Board
    • Our Family MySpace Page
Re: The mazes have been 'fixed' :(
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2009, 10:12 PM »

I am one who uses shortcuts when they are there in the maze. Easier on the fingers.  :lolg: But, I personally don't mind that they plugged up the holes. It really doesn't take me too much longer to do it normally and they have been keeping maze prizes in for longer periods of time, so I'm ok with this change. I was planning on running through the mazes tonight. I like the new walls and we have 1 broken maze wall between all 4 of us now, and maybe 2 rhinos and 1 camel.

I'll probably be posting soon to trade for the last maze topiaries, because I think we came up short. But, if we don't get them, that's ok. I know I didn't spend as much time "mazing", so no biggie. Many of the heavy hitting traders in the game will try to take advantage, I'm sure. (Please note, I am talking about nobody here at NoBS, but we all know who some of these traders are) Sadly, they usually take advantage of players by creating a sense of "demand" for an item. Sometimes I just see this and sigh...do they not remember how everything on VMK was gone with the flip of a switch?  :waveb:
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Still Soarin' :)
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2009, 06:46 AM »

Well that stinks.  I didn't know about this either.  But, I haven't run mazes in a long time too .. got "mazed out" quick with this one!  Always one to look for a shortcut too.   :thumb:

I got 1 cracked wall, on the first day ... I have not seen another since.  I am curious to what VFK set the odds to with this one.  It's insane. 

Princess, you are correct about the heavy hitting traders in game taking advantage.  I've seen these walls go up for bid for over 50,000 credits per wall.  Also, ice cream items are being traded per wall as well.  Pretty sad 'eh?   :no:  I know I won't pay those prices.
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

Krazy_Kim

• Krazy like a Faux
    Put Down the Hammer
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2009, 10:10 AM »

I usually get one set of topiaries for my Mom and one set for myself and then stop cause running the mazes can get boring (it usually takes me forever just to get one of each LOL), but I don't mind the short cuts being plugged up even if I did use the short cuts too.  I like running the maze, but hate when fairies and sometimes wolves go through it.  No offense to anyone out there, I know you do it to make it quicker for yourself, but I have a bad computer here and lag is horrible.  I think that is why I get bored with it cause it takes me so long to run it.

Sorry Princess, if I had any extras I would give you some, but I too missed out on the giraffe.  :(  I hope you get some too and I miss seeing you in the game.  I hope all is well with ya.

:crazy2: Krazy_Kim :crazy2:
I like work! It fascinates me! I can sit an look at it for hours! ^..^

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2009, 10:23 AM »

Well that stinks.  I didn't know about this either.  But, I haven't run mazes in a long time too .. got "mazed out" quick with this one!  Always one to look for a shortcut too.   :thumb:

I got 1 cracked wall, on the first day ... I have not seen another since.  I am curious to what VFK set the odds to with this one.  It's insane. 

Princess, you are correct about the heavy hitting traders in game taking advantage.  I've seen these walls go up for bid for over 50,000 credits per wall.  Also, ice cream items are being traded per wall as well.  Pretty sad 'eh?   :no:  I know I won't pay those prices.

Yeah, the trading on these is already bad. 

Wendy:  .It also liked the shortcuts because of her Rheumatoid Arthritis.  Her hands get bad pretty quick, so the quicker/easier she could make a run, the better.

Odds?  I've heard some people say they ran a couple thousand people through the maze...and came away with only 2 broken walls.  Granted not everyone has it that bad, but it's fair to say that the odds of getting a broken wall are....................ridiculous.

Flamanar.

Purrypaws

• There are two of us??
    The road is not safe!!!
  • Cursed Storm Magic
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2009, 12:57 PM »

:heat: A THOUSAND!!!!!
Holy Moley!!!!
Makes my little Paws flock look like slackers!..
A thousand....wow..my fine grr.is would fall off...
Scratches head..A thousand..wow!

Purrypaws >>>who now has her red flips once again!

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2009, 08:47 PM »

I am one who uses shortcuts when they are there in the maze. Easier on the fingers.  :lolg: But, I personally don't mind that they plugged up the holes. It really doesn't take me too much longer to do it normally and they have been keeping maze prizes in for longer periods of time, so I'm ok with this change. I was planning on running through the mazes tonight. I like the new walls and we have 1 broken maze wall between all 4 of us now, and maybe 2 rhinos and 1 camel.

I'll probably be posting soon to trade for the last maze topiaries, because I think we came up short. But, if we don't get them, that's ok. I know I didn't spend as much time "mazing", so no biggie. Many of the heavy hitting traders in the game will try to take advantage, I'm sure. (Please note, I am talking about nobody here at NoBS, but we all know who some of these traders are) Sadly, they usually take advantage of players by creating a sense of "demand" for an item. Sometimes I just see this and sigh...do they not remember how everything on VMK was gone with the flip of a switch?  :waveb:

I'm doing less mazes due to time lately. But I know what you mean PrincessWendy, these players quickly forgot that flip of a switch from VMK...sigh

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • New NOT Gnu Moderator II
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2009, 08:50 PM »

Okay...Here is my 2 cents.  If you know who the "heavy hitting traders" are and see them in the maze respond: "Aww not another (insert current rare maze prize)."   :laugh2:

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2009, 11:07 PM »

Okay...Here is my 2 cents.  If you know who the "heavy hitting traders" are and see them in the maze respond: "Aww not another (insert current rare maze prize)."   :laugh2:

ROFL.  That would be classic!  :rofl1: :roflmao: :lolp:

Flamanar...love that mischief ;)

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2009, 05:11 AM »

Okay...Here is my 2 cents.  If you know who the "heavy hitting traders" are and see them in the maze respond: "Aww not another (insert current rare maze prize)."   :laugh2:

ROFL.  That would be classic!  :rofl1: :roflmao: :lolp:

Flamanar...love that mischief ;)

I did that once on my spare when I saw someone like that in the maze. Although, it was a bonus because there was someone who is not nice to people there along with a heavy hitting trader when I did so.  It was well worth that 1x3 wall I got on my spare.

Edit: The two I saw were talking to each other when I responded with "Woot! I got a broken wall!"
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 01:20 PM by funfly »

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Still Soarin' :)
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2009, 08:33 AM »

Okay...Here is my 2 cents.  If you know who the "heavy hitting traders" are and see them in the maze respond: "Aww not another (insert current rare maze prize)."   :laugh2:

heh, I've seen people do that before.   :laugh2:   Actually someone had gotten caught, because another person responded "No you didn't get that!  Because you've been in here the whole time!"   ROFL!   :rofl1:

Also, once in the maze ... you're unable to click on a person's avatar to see who it is (titles).  So .. unless you know FOR CERTAIN that is the specific person ... there's no way of knowing who people are in the maze.  Especially if they are in fairy or wolf mode.  Well unless they talk, and you see a chat bubble with titles of course.  Bummer ....  :td:
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:
Pages: [1]   Go Up