VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 7/30/2009 Celebrity Lookalike Competition - The Winners!  (Read 5235 times)

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room

http://blog.smallworlds.com/2009/07/31/celebrity-lookalike-competition-the-winners/

SmallWorlds Blog
Celebrity Lookalike Competition - The Winners!
July 31st, 2009 - SmallWorlds Chronicle

Greetings Dear Citizens

What a fantastic explosion of creativity and talent exploded onto the SmallWorlds Celebrity Lookalike Competition forum thread!   No less than 39 pages of entries for me to choose from.  It was a supremely difficult task to choose the winners, and I would have loved to have awarded prizes to you all for your wonderful efforts - it sounded like you all had a lot of fun!  I had such trouble choosing only three entries that I decided to award some special placegetter prizes as well as the top three.  Your top picks may well differ from mine… I know the staff at SWHQ had a huge range of favorites.  Its been such fun looking through all the entries.

We were so impressed that we’ve created a video which morphs some of the avatar lookalikes into the real celebrity faces, showing off the amazing skills of their creators.  You’ll see some of the winners as well as other entries from the competition.   It’s really very good – you might like to forward it to your friends!

Firstly, I’ll announce the winners. At the end of the story I’ll give you details of the ‘Celebrity Central’ event that we are holding next week, where you can all come as your Celebrity selves and we can admire your brilliant creation!
The Talented Winners!

First Prize 5000 Gold:  Gwen Stefani, created by Desiree Palmer

This really ‘knocked my socks off’ (as the saying goes).  Desiree really captured Gwen’s face, eyes, hair so beautifully.  If I saw this avatar in-world I know I’d recognize her!

Desiree said, in response to her win: It feels awesome I have never really won anything before. So, this is very very cool.  I love Gwen Stefani, she to me is very beautiful and extremely talented.  It took me a few hours to get her to look exactly how i wanted. I would think “this looks good” and go back to her every so often for about a day and finally I got her as perfect as I thought I could.  I’ve not been playing all that long, maybe two weeks? But I do love the environment and all the people are very friendly. I live in Branson, Missouri, USA.

Second Prize 2500 Gold:  Clint Eastwood, created by Geno Lindley

Geno, you’ve captured a lot more here than Clint’s face, I can almost hear him drawing his gun out of his holster!  Well done to you!

Geno says:  I have been playing SmallWorlds since January of 2009, and I live in the Midwest USA.  I was never so surprised when I was notified of my placement in the contest!  There were so many good entries, I really didn’t think I had a chance!

Clint has a pretty well known face and I thought I could re-create it pretty well, it took me around 15 minutes give or take.  There are lots of options in the avi creation menus of SmallWorlds!

Third Prize 2500 Gold: Michael Jackson, created by Aguro Lumarciano

This was a simple entry but I felt symbolized something really essential about the late, great Michael Jackson.  RIP Michael, and thanks for a great entry Aguro.

A few comments from Arguro:  OMG, Kent, I cannot believe I’ve won a prize, I’m so THRILLED. I did my best to create a good MJ resemblance, and I hope now he’s smiling down from heaven.  My entry took me around 1 hour to create, thanks to the SW collections of clothes, hairdos, shades and accessories. I’ve been playing on SW since early June, and I’m from Jakarta, Indonesia.

My sincere congratulations to our three top awards!

Special Placegetters

As mentioned above, there were so many other standout entries that I decided to award a special prize of 1500 gold to the following:

Best Depiction of a US President - Barak Obama, created by Brizzle Mynizzle. Brizzle joined us in January 09 and lives in Massachusetts, USA

Best TV Star Entry – Jay Leno, created by Ariel Navarro. Ariel has been a SmallWorlds citizen since Jan ‘09, and lives in Hawaii.

Entry that made me laugh the most - Jerry Lewis, created by Juicy Tq. Juicy hails from CA in the USA and has been a SmallWorlds citizen since May of this year.

Best ‘Young Celebrity’ Avatar – Alfalfa Spitzer, created by Bonita Laquita. Bonita has been a SmallWorlds citizen since December ‘08, and lives in West Virginia in the USA.

Best Non-USA Celebrity Avatar - Aishwarya Rai Bachcha, created by Laksh Chinnu.  Laksh has been a SmallWorlds citizen since March 2009. She lives in India, Angalore

Best Non-Presidential Political Avatar – Sarah Palin, created by Christopher Garza.  Christopher lives in Florida, USA and has been a SmallWorlds citizen since October ‘08.

Celebrity Central Event – Sunday 2nd August, 7.00pm - 8.30pm SWT

Thanks to all citizens who entered the competition!  As difficult as it was to judge, I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Don’t forget to have a look at the Celebrity Lookalike Competition Video, which showcases a few other entries.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pt66onDLSo0

I’m so looking forward to seeing as many of you as can make it at the Celebrity Central Event, scheduled for Sunday August 2nd, 7pm – 8.30pm SWT/EST.  I am definitely planning to attend and I can’t wait to meet some of these celebrity avatars in person; my in-world camera is going to be very busy!

I know  that some of the staff members here at SWHQ are planning on dropping in for a look also, so you never know who you might meet!  The  “Celebrity Central” space will be opened at 7pm SWT, Sunday 2nd August.  There will be a ‘catwalk’, posters of all the winners and you’ll be able to parade your celebrity avatar in front of an admiring and cheering audience.  See you there!

Finally, once again my hearty congratulations to all winners… and my appreciation to all who entered the competition.  You’re a truly creative community!

~ Kent Kronkite
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 01:15 PM by Happy »

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • Moderator of This Board
Re: 7/30/2009
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2009, 05:19 PM »

Congratulations to all the winners.  the video mentioned in theblog entry is really cool and classy.

Here is the link for anyone that missed it.  It shows the morphing of SW avatar to the celebrity picture. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pt66onDLSo0

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Blue NOT New Moderator
  • Still Soarin' :)
Re: 7/30/2009
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2009, 07:23 AM »

Thanks for sharing Happy!  The video was AWESOME!  Very creative people out there.
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

Panda Pandora

• Fireworks Magic
Re: 7/30/2009 Celebrity Lookalike Competition - The Winners!
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2009, 07:47 PM »

Happy that was so cool.. Thanks for posting. Loved the video.   :clap1:
 :2thunbs:
Pages: [1]   Go Up