VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: King and Princess update 7/5  (Read 5738 times)

KingQuackATac

• HEY!! Who stole the "gas5" smiley?
  • Fireworks Magic
  • Always a Pirate Duck
King and Princess update 7/5
« on: July 06, 2009, 08:16 PM »

Hey guys. I thought I should try to hop on and catch everyone up on how things are going here.

First, I read a few posts about the 4th items being gone in VFK. No worries for us here. We were able to hop on and buy an outfit each and also picked up some fireworks. Between Princess, myself, and the kids we have at least kept caught up on quests. Wish we had bought some extra July 4th stuff for anyone who missed.

We have had a real roller coaster ride here. Not sure that we will be on as frequently for a while. We love our family here at NoBS and really love playing VFK. Princess especially misses building and we miss seeing folks around and sharing my gas.  :laugh2: But we are going to have to put gaming and online activity in a different place for a while. We will still be checking in and posting and we will still be in game, just not as much as we used to be around.

We had a follow up doctor appointment for both of us last week. Princess is feeling better, still some pain issues with the regenerating nerves in her feet. Good news is the nerves are regenerating. Doc's orders for her are keeping stress levels down along with some additional things. Her adrenal glands are starting to function better, which is also helping the thyroid and other issues to resolve. However, due to extra stress from some things we have been dealing with in real life, her adrenal function is actually a little worse than it was at her last test. My results were a little more of a surprise. The swelling from my osteoarthritis has been getting a little worse and the doctor had a few suspicions based on my bloodwork from last summer. After some new tests for specific antibodies, tests confirmed I have rheumatic fever. Go figure. At some point in the last year or so I have had strep throat and not realized it. That strep infection caused my body to be tricked into attacking healthy tissue. Luckily, it seems there has been no damage to the heart. I am on low dose antibiotics twice a day for the next 6 months. This could go on for up to 2 years. (Hopefully not) Some people have to stay on antibiotics for life. I don't think that will be the case with me, but I have to take it a little easy and just watch every time I get a sore throat. I also have orders to lower stress to boost my immune system.

So, needless to say, Princess and I are evaluating everything in our life and are making some changes here and there. We are not completely cutting off our online fun. Too many good friends here to stay away. But, we are focusing on some much needed changes we have been making in our lives and speeding that process along. We have been blessed to have friends around us here who are helping us with this transition. Saturday night some friends had our family over for a pool party. Our job - to do and bring nothing. WOW! They cooked and had everything there - it was really some relaxation we needed. We are trying to sort of get things in order here, so VFK will be more of a fun side activity for a while. Honestly, after much discussion, Princess and I felt like we were starting to get a little consumed again - we do not want VFK to become another VMK for us. There really were times when VMK had a way too prominent place in our lives. We said from the beginning we wanted VFK to be different. But it is so hard sometimes. Lots of new items and events - times with friends. We are just trying to balance everything now.

We are asking everyone to please keep us in your prayers. We are ready for some changes from the inside out. Pray that our physical bodies will keep healing and that through all of this our relationship with God continues to grow. We are moving forward with hope and wanted to thank our friends here for all of your love, support, and friendship. This is not a goodbye, just a we'll see you, but not as much. Maybe as things in our real life begin to fall into place, we can spend more time back online. Hugs and gas to everyone.

-Princess and King

ScarlettPixie

• Having your friends vaporize
    you in laser tag.... Priceless!
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
  • Just another Scarlett Pixie....
Re: King and Princess update 7/5
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2009, 08:24 PM »

Dearest King and Princess.

I am sending massive truck loads of pixie dust express to you both. I understand how an illness can affect one's life and world. We are blessed here to have you in our community and you for creating this fun place for us all to enjoy. I will think of you daily, with many prayers along. May He bless you both as well and may the badness be vanished from you both.

I am more than willing to help, so do not mind a few babysitting clones. Send them over!

Take time with your healing and remember, we are always there for you.

I am glad you were able to get the items this weekend. :)

Many many hugs. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
ScarlettPixie

Push me too far, and I will sing like a canary.

Flamanette

• Runs and locks herself in
    a room in order to build
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2009, 08:35 PM »

OH GOSH!  No kidding, we were just talking about you you guys on game and suddenly we all got the notice at once!  Talk about timing.  We ALL wen AFK at once to come and read.  I posted a response but that one got lost...hopefully this one will not.

Please, please know that you are in the hearts and prayers of the Flame family! Please keep your selves well, as much as we miss you and would love to see you in game, your health is waaaaay more important.  We will be praying for these specific areas of concern for you.

And is there is EVER anything you need, or miss getting, the Flame army is ready to serve!

Take care of yourselves and each other, many many hugs from the Flames!

.it

Mean people are like sandpaper. They may scratch you and hurt you, but in the end you come out smooth and polished and the mean person is just worn and ugly.

Mermaid Melusina

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2009, 08:45 PM »

Dear King and Princess:

Sending Warm Splashes your way! I do believe prayers are powerful, so you will both be added to my prayers. Thank you for letting us know how you both are.  We were missing you!!

Many Hugs and Splashes,

Fish.i

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • more laundry....
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2009, 09:00 PM »

Princess and King,
Biggest hugs to you both! Thankful for the good news; prayers for the not-so good news. While we certainly miss you both it is very important to take care of yourselves first. When on-line game is not fun and too stressing then it is time to step back and put it in check as you are doing.

So glad your friends are there to assist you both as well; and you know we will too. Sending lots of prayers your way!! May God work wonders in healing body and stress. Update us when you can; but don't stress over it either!  :bighug: :bighug:

Sending Prayers, Hugs and Love,
fun

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Purple Vice Admin
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2009, 09:36 PM »

Princess and King,
Biggest hugs to you both! Thankful for the good news; prayers for the not-so good news. While we certainly miss you both it is very important to take care of yourselves first. When on-line game is not fun and too stressing then it is time to step back and put it in check as you are doing.

So glad your friends are there to assist you both as well; and you know we will too. Sending lots of prayers your way!! May God work wonders in healing body and stress. Update us when you can; but don't stress over it either!  :bighug: :bighug:

fun

I am quoting Fun, as I couldn't have said it better!

Hugs and prayers from the Duck family.
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

CoralHibiscus

• Nobody pay attention
    to my rear!!!
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2009, 09:51 PM »

Princess and King,

fun

I too am quoting Fun. I don't believe that could have said it any better than she did!

Huge hugs and prayers for both of you and your family. :hug:

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Still Soarin' :)
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2009, 10:14 PM »

Hugs and thoughts coming your way!  Thank you for the update King.  Please take care.   :hug:   :bighug: 
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

Pink

• Gosh, we STILL haven't learned our lesson, have we?
  • Snowman Magic
  • I'm young! I'm young! Flame thinks I'm young!
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2009, 05:24 AM »

Thanks for giving us an update, King!  I've been wondering what was going on.  I know I don't see you too much in game, but you're sorely missed when you're not around.

Many hugs and prayers for your family. 

If you need anything at all, please let me know!

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Mystery-Red

• so anal I thought I would
    share with everyone
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2009, 05:26 AM »

Big Hugs and super size prayers for you both. I know how real life can get to you and that the gaming becomes a better life at times (until it causes stress lol).  Take your well deserved break but know you will be missed in our hearts and on game, but know that you will always be with us in spirit and that we will keep supplies handy when you do come on for a visit.

You say I'm a Wench like it's a bad thing!
DeliciousWenchous

goldengourd

• Gee, I guess I'm not as old as I thought
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2009, 08:41 AM »

Hugs and well wishes to you both. May your rest be really restful and your body&minds healed! Look forward to seeing you for an occassional play time (as the game is meant to be!).
-PotOfGoldWench

Purrypaws

• There are two of us??
    The road is not safe!!!
  • Cursed Storm Magic
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2009, 08:49 AM »

Thank you so much for the update.
And while you won't be playing along as much, please know you are there in our hearts.
Hugs and Prayers! Paws

Purrypaws >>>who now has her red flips once again!

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2009, 10:33 AM »

Just letting you know, King and Wendy, that .It spoke for the both of us in her reply.  We agreed that if we posted separate posts, mine would take me 2 hours to compile, and would cover at least 2 webpages...or very close to that!  :sur:

Even so, I feel the need to say (hugs), prayers, thoughts, some tissues, and we all can't wait to see you guys again...even if for a moment :)

Flamanar  :grouphug3:

wdwdreamin

• This new job of mine has severely cut into my playtime.
  • Teleport Magic
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2009, 04:44 PM »

Everyone above already expressed my thoughts much better than I could have.  So I'll just add my thoughts and prayers and send lots of hugs your way. :hug:
I probably won't be on VFK much myself in the coming weeks, but when I do I hope I run into you guys!
Memories Vow Renewal Ceremony
Sept 24, 2011--Sunset Point @ the Polynesian Resort
Woot!!!  I was a Disney Bride!!!

mir4mad

• Most colorful posts at VMKnoBS
    And I know!!!
  • Fireworks Magic
  • Believe in miracles!
    • Miracle For Madison & Friends
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2009, 11:36 PM »

Include princess and I amongst the many friends sending you both prayers for healing, strength
and guidance. I know princess enjoyed visits with you both and was amazed at your room building talent. Take care and you'll always be in our heart , thoughts and prayers. Big HUGS too!

RosieC

• I am getting older  :lolg:
    It comes in pints!?!
    I'm gettin' one!!
  • Safari Room
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2009, 12:47 AM »

Hugs you guys! Hope everything calms down soon.
Sweet maiden of the golden ale.

PintsWench
You say I'm a Wench like it's a bad thing!
Pages: [1]   Go Up