VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: New problem with Host Hunt you should be aware of  (Read 28035 times)

ScarlettPixie

• Having your friends vaporize
    you in laser tag.... Priceless!
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
  • Just another Scarlett Pixie....
Re: New problem with Host Hunt you should be aware of
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2009, 09:14 PM »

Well on today's hunt, there were two fairies racing across rooms screaming, I found Host Harmony! <--- old exact way. Had to tell them it was Dragon on duty not Harmony.... :laugh2:
ScarlettPixie

Push me too far, and I will sing like a canary.

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2009, 10:04 PM »

Well on today's hunt, there were two fairies racing across rooms screaming, I found Host Harmony! <--- old exact way. Had to tell them it was Dragon on duty not Harmony.... :laugh2:

ROFL.  Sounds like the same 2 that came into a room I was in tonight.  Following each other.  O tried to tell them how to say it.  One of them called her a liar.  LOL.  Nice...

Flamanar...some people are better off losing... :hmm:

ScarlettPixie

• Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2009, 06:02 AM »

Perhaps they did not see the blasts from Dragon? :rofl1:
ScarlettPixie

Pink

• Gosh, we STILL haven't learned our lesson, have we?
  • Snowman Magic
  • I'm young! I'm young! Flame thinks I'm young!
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2009, 07:41 AM »

Those are the kinds of people I like to share a room with during hunts!   :drinkingtoast:

Gives me a chance at least, LOL! 

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2009, 10:20 AM »

Those are the kinds of people I like to share a room with during hunts!   :drinkingtoast:

ROFL!  I think the same thing when I see that! 

I used to try helping people to say it right...but it takes at LEAST a couple rounds of explaining...and even then, either they don't get it, or they call you a liar.  The problem is that they ask us to 'show' them how to say it...but we can't.  As soon as we tell them we can't show them by typing it out for them, we're labeled.  :hmm: LOL.

It would be nice if VFK included in each 'blast' a line that says "you will only be able to say the correct line once the Host is actually in the same room as you are...otherwise, the text will show up red and will be unspeakable".  Of course, they'd have to READ the blasts to find that out...and I think most of them don't read them (I know I don't, lol).  Eventually they will learn...

Flamanar...not easy sometimes doing the right thing... :waveb:

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • Moderator of This Board
  • more laundry....
« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2009, 01:48 PM »

I used to try helping people to say it right...but it takes at LEAST a couple rounds of explaining...and even then, either they don't get it, or they call you a liar.  The problem is that they ask us to 'show' them how to say it...but we can't.  As soon as we tell them we can't show them by typing it out for them, we're labeled.  :hmm: LOL.

It would be nice if VFK included in each 'blast' a line that says "you will only be able to say the correct line once the Host is actually in the same room as you are...otherwise, the text will show up red and will be unspeakable".  Of course, they'd have to READ the blasts to find that out...and I think most of them don't read them (I know I don't, lol).  Eventually they will learn...

We're supposed to read those blasted pop-ups? I mean blasts?  :lolp: 

If you let them build up and not delete any of them, eventually you have a white-out snow screen! And, no, I don't know what possesses me to find these things out  :hmm:

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2009, 03:12 PM »

We're supposed to read those blasted pop-ups? I mean blasts?  :lolp: 

If you let them build up and not delete any of them, eventually you have a white-out snow screen! And, no, I don't know what possesses me to find these things out  :hmm:

ROFL  I've done the same thing!  :waveh: Very cool looking ;)

Flamanar...has the same 'possession'... >:D

Pink

• Snowman Magic
« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2009, 05:01 PM »

Those are the kinds of people I like to share a room with during hunts!   :drinkingtoast:

ROFL!  I think the same thing when I see that!  

I used to try helping people to say it right...but it takes at LEAST a couple rounds of explaining...and even then, either they don't get it, or they call you a liar.  The problem is that they ask us to 'show' them how to say it...but we can't.  As soon as we tell them we can't show them by typing it out for them, we're labeled.  :hmm: LOL.

It would be nice if VFK included in each 'blast' a line that says "you will only be able to say the correct line once the Host is actually in the same room as you are...otherwise, the text will show up red and will be unspeakable".  Of course, they'd have to READ the blasts to find that out...and I think most of them don't read them (I know I don't, lol).  Eventually they will learn...

The last time I tried to help someone that was saying it wrong (and yeah, I got the "well say it then" sarcasm too), Host Harmony walked in while I was busy explaining.  Grrrr... so I missed out.  I vowed from then I wouldn't blow another chance by chatting during hunts.  It KILLS me to ignore people, but I do it anyways (well, except for when Fun stalks me...)

« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 05:03 PM by Pink »

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • Moderator of This Board
  • more laundry....
« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2009, 05:06 PM »

Those are the kinds of people I like to share a room with during hunts!   :drinkingtoast:

I used to try helping people to say it right...but it takes at LEAST a couple rounds of explaining...and even then, either they don't get it, or they call you a liar.  The problem is that they ask us to 'show' them how to say it...but we can't.  As soon as we tell them we can't show them by typing it out for them, we're labeled.  :hmm: LOL.

It would be nice if VFK included in each 'blast' a line that says "you will only be able to say the correct line once the Host is actually in the same room as you are...otherwise, the text will show up red and will be unspeakable".  Of course, they'd have to READ the blasts to find that out...and I think most of them don't read them (I know I don't, lol).  Eventually they will learn...

The last time I tried to help someone that was saying it wrong (and yeah, I got the "well say it then" sarcasm too), Host Harmony walked in while I was busy explaining.  Grrrr... so I missed out.  I vowed from then I wouldn't blow another chance by chatting during hunts.  It KILLS me to ignore people, but I do it anyways (well, except for when Fun stalks me...)

Thank you Pink!  :bighug:
- gets ready for stalking mode -

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2009, 05:46 PM »

Wise words, Pink.  As Flame has written:  "He who speaks during Host hunts...loses Host hunts".  Silence is golden in this case...no offense meant to Golden.  ;)  :lolg:

It's sad that it has to be like that, but it's true.   Watch and listen:  you have a chance at winning.  Talk and not pay attention:  chances are you're wasting your time even playing the game. 

I remember winning in a room once last month, and one of the people who didn't win said (no lie): "That's not fair!  I was watching TV!".  Yup...there's always a few like that 'out there'... :hmm:

Flamanar...-silence-... :-X

Pink

• Snowman Magic
« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2009, 05:23 AM »

I remember winning in a room once last month, and one of the people who didn't win said (no lie): "That's not fair!  I was watching TV!".  Yup...there's always a few like that 'out there'... :hmm:

Flamanar...-silence-... :-X

LOL!!  OK, this really made me laugh out loud when I read it!  Glad my coffee was not in my hands (or in my mouth!!)

That's priceless!  LOL! 

'Fess up..... whose kid was that?   :rofl1:

ScarlettPixie

• Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2009, 06:27 AM »

Guess that is what you get when you haven't read the Host Hunt for Dummies book.
ScarlettPixie

Flamanette

• Runs and locks herself in
    a room in order to build
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2009, 08:16 AM »

Guess that is what you get when you haven't read the Host Hunt for Dummies book.

I am going to pass around a sign in sheet for Hero to do this "Host Hunt for Dummies" class!  And Pink, true confession here  :sur::  most likely one of those fairies you see over and over again flying through your room is.........dare I confess: our son!  :lolg:

While his method drives me insane, I am not allowed to say anything about it anymore, because his method has NEVER failed!!!  This kid has radar, honest to goodness!  Not only that, he LIVES for the challenge of getting to the "hint" places first!  He says:  because he has been flying around all over the kingdom, he can get there faster because the "room has already loaded several times for him and therefore loads faster".....hmmm sounds pretty techno geeky to me, but again:  it works!!!

Sigh.

.it   :gnj:

Mean people are like sandpaper. They may scratch you and hurt you, but in the end you come out smooth and polished and the mean person is just worn and ugly.

Pink

• Snowman Magic
« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2009, 08:56 AM »

I am going to pass around a sign in sheet for Hero to do this "Host Hunt for Dummies" class!  And Pink, true confession here  :sur::  most likely one of those fairies you see over and over again flying through your room is.........dare I confess: our son!  :lolg:

While his method drives me insane, I am not allowed to say anything about it anymore, because his method has NEVER failed!!!  This kid has radar, honest to goodness!  Not only that, he LIVES for the challenge of getting to the "hint" places first!  He says:  because he has been flying around all over the kingdom, he can get there faster because the "room has already loaded several times for him and therefore loads faster".....hmmm sounds pretty techno geeky to me, but again:  it works!!!

Sigh.

Wow!  I didn't think ANYONE could win doing the hunt that way!  I stand corrected!  Good for him!  :)

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2009, 09:21 AM »

Sigh.

Wow!  I didn't think ANYONE could win doing the hunt that way!  I stand corrected!  Good for him!  :)
Neither did I!  In fact, I was gonna tell him to stop flying all over the place (thinking it was a waste of time)...but he kept winning...sometimes a couple different times in one game!  At that point, I told him to do whatever works for him. lol. :laugh2:

Flamanar...thinking of retiring from hunting and just let Hero have at it... :heat:

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #49 on: July 11, 2009, 08:11 PM »

Yeah....it continues.  Here's another clear pic from tonights hunt of how Dragons hunt is still broken.  First player said it correct...second player won:

Here's a pic of the staff announcement that talks about how you have to say the sentence EXACTLY:

...which amazes me since everyone has seen the pics I've been posting of people winning by saying the sentence INCORRECTLY.

Flamanar...printscreen is getting old... :sur:

Flamanette

• Runs and locks herself in
    a room in order to build
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #50 on: July 13, 2009, 06:01 AM »

Yeah....it continues.  Here's another clear pic from tonights hunt of how Dragons hunt is still broken.  First player said it correct...second player won:

Here's a pic of the staff announcement that talks about how you have to say the sentence EXACTLY:

...which amazes me since everyone has seen the pics I've been posting of people winning by saying the sentence INCORRECTLY.

Flamanar...printscreen is getting old... :sur:

LOL....soon your print screen button is going to be broken!!

Congrats though to the NOBS members who amanaged to win! 

.it :gnj:

Mean people are like sandpaper. They may scratch you and hurt you, but in the end you come out smooth and polished and the mean person is just worn and ugly.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up