VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: New problem with Host Hunt you should be aware of  (Read 28033 times)

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
New problem with Host Hunt you should be aware of
« on: July 01, 2009, 11:27 AM »

OK...anyone see a problem with these 2 pictures?  Anyone?  :??:

These screenshots were taken during both host games yesterday.  The top one is from the afternoon game with Dragon, the bottom is from the evening game.  Notice how the computer was automagically selecting the SECOND person who said the correct line...instead of the first?

There was yet a third time I noticed the software making a mistake last night.  During a different round, someone said "I found HOST_Dragon/" (note the extra ' / ' on the end of the line?), and the line appeared on the screen above the winner!  Obviously, the line shouldn't have appeared at all (only one person is able to say the correct line during each round...and this line should not have even WORKED).

Made a call to Gail last night and she said that Dragon had a brownout in the morning game.  I said that it also happened in the evening game as well.  Not really a solid answer to the second statement, but was told to forward the screenshots to their email address.

So:  be very alert when you play the host game for the time being.  If you should have won and you see a bubble showing you said it correctly...yet another person was selected as the winner instead...TAKE A SCREEN SHOT OF IT IMMEDIATELY (if you don't know how to take a screenshot, now is a good time to learn ;) ).  Report the problem using the help button as soon as possible.  Send the screenshot as an attachment to support@virtualfamilykingdom.com , along with an explanation.

Not sure that I convinced Gail, but I feel that there is a problem with the software they use to detect the winner during the host hunt.  This is the first time I've ever seen this happen, so I'm wondering if it's just Dragons software that is messed up.  Hopefully they will get it straightened out.

Flamanar
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 06:50 PM by flamanar »

ScarlettPixie

• Having your friends vaporize
    you in laser tag.... Priceless!
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
  • Just another Scarlett Pixie....
Re: New problem with Host Hunt you should be aware of
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2009, 11:51 AM »

YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ScarlettPixie

Push me too far, and I will sing like a canary.

Pink

• Gosh, we STILL haven't learned our lesson, have we?
  • Snowman Magic
  • I'm young! I'm young! Flame thinks I'm young!
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2009, 01:13 PM »

OK, that's really strange.  I didn't think you could even say "I found HOST_Dragon" if you weren't the first person.  Have they changed this?  I know I've been in the same room before when Harmony or Dragon have walked in, and because I wasn't first, my speech bubble NEVER appeared on the screen at all; only the blue winner's bubble appeared.  Figured that's how the computer program worked.

But arg, Flame, since you blacked out the ppl's bubbles (ok I have to ask WHY?  I see some of you do this regularly...), did you happen to win in either of those instances???   :??:

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2009, 02:18 PM »

OK, that's really strange.  I didn't think you could even say "I found HOST_Dragon" if you weren't the first person.  Have they changed this?  I know I've been in the same room before when Harmony or Dragon have walked in, and because I wasn't first, my speech bubble NEVER appeared on the screen at all; only the blue winner's bubble appeared.  Figured that's how the computer program worked.

But arg, Flame, since you blacked out the ppl's bubbles (ok I have to ask WHY?  I see some of you do this regularly...), did you happen to win in either of those instances???   :??:
Yes, Pink:  only the winning person is supposed to be able to say the correct line.  Not so last night.

Blacked out bubbles:  I do it for 2 reasons: 

1)  some people are privacy freaks, and I didn't ask anyone in those pics whether they minded me posting their pics (just a courtesy thing that Flame and others do).  Sometimes I will not black out the bubbles if it's during a public function like a birthday party or a ballroom dance.  However, the main reason I did it in this situation is because of the following reason:

2)  I keep the majority of my clones private (yes...I do have more than 1 clone :) ).  I reveal them to nobody except Flamanette.  Yes there is a reason for that :)

...and I won one of those rounds and lost the other.  Blech.

Flamanar
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 02:22 PM by flamanar »

Pink

• Snowman Magic
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2009, 03:17 PM »

2)  I keep the majority of my clones private (yes...I do have more than 1 clone :) ).  I reveal them to nobody except Flamanette.  Yes there is a reason for that :)

Flamanar

Uh oh...  I'd better be on my best behavior from now on and behave myself for I never know when "Flame" might be in the same room, lol.

Congrats on the win!   :clapping:

ScarlettPixie

• Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2009, 03:39 PM »

Well, it would be funny to report him.

- report -

Hi Staff, there is a beady eyed stranger staring at me at the crossroads. He's been there for at least a full hour! Staring!

- several minutes later-

Oh good! Staff got him! Take that little beady-eyed man!
ScarlettPixie

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2009, 04:18 PM »

Flamanar

Uh oh...  I'd better be on my best behavior from now on and behave myself for I never know when "Flame" might be in the same room, lol.

Congrats on the win!   :clapping:

ROFL.  YES!  You better watch out...you better not cry...you...oh...wrong song...nvm.  :lolp:

Nevertheless, anonymity can reveal quite alot...especially about people with nefarious intentions  :waveh:

...and Pix...the only thing you need to worry about is me sneaking up alongside you as a guest again and winning another pink donut.  HA!  :roflmao: :rofl1:  However, I did give it to you because I spooked ya.  :tongue3:  LOL

Flamanar....or is it?  :hmmmm:

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Purple Vice Admin
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2009, 04:30 PM »

Pink, there are other times that here at noBS, we would require you to black out the titles - if you felt a need to complain about someone and you have a screenprint.
  -  if the person is a noBS member, you need to take it up with that person via PM - NOT on the forum.
  -  if the person is not a member here, then they have no way of defending themselves.  {You are allowed to say you would tell anyone who it was VIA PM ONLY, if someone is interested.)

These two rules also apply even if you don't have a screenprint, but wish to express a concern.  ;)
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2009, 05:03 PM »

Pink, there are other times that here at noBS, we would require you to black out the titles - if you felt a need to complain about someone and you have a screenprint.
  -  if the person is a noBS member, you need to take it up with that person via PM - NOT on the forum.
  -  if the person is not a member here, then they have no way of defending themselves.  {You are allowed to say you would tell anyone who it was VIA PM ONLY, if someone is interested.)

These two rules also apply even if you don't have a screenprint, but wish to express a concern.  ;)

Thanks for sharing that info, Duck.i!  -files away in pea-sized brain for future application-  :crazy: Didn't know that!

Usually, Flame errs on the side of caution.  If I'm not sure, I'll either bip a mod/admin...or I make it black!

Flamanar...makes everything black...too much?  :hmmmm: :lolg:

ScarlettPixie

• Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2009, 05:22 PM »

...and Pix...the only thing you need to worry about is me sneaking up alongside you as a guest again and winning another pink donut.  HA!  :roflmao: :rofl1:  However, I did give it to you because I spooked ya.  :tongue3:  LOL

Hmm, it better be a purple pumpkin then for the next time you try and do trick or treat!  :tongue3:
ScarlettPixie

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • Moderator of This Board
  • more laundry....
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2009, 05:52 PM »

Hmm, it better be a purple pumpkin then for the next time you try and do trick or treat!  :tongue3:

It's fall already? Where do we start Trick or Treat...

- makes note: Pix gives out purple pumpkins when we try and do trick or treat -  >:D

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2009, 12:58 PM »

Yet again, this bug in Dragons software raises its ugly head.  See below for a screenshot of another round during todays host hunt.  Again, the second person who said the line correctly won. :hmm:

Keep a sharp eye out people!!  This is getting ridiculous.

Flamanar...starting to lose his normal cool... :td:
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 06:51 PM by flamanar »

ScarlettPixie

• Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2009, 01:12 PM »

I am also noting that it happens in a specific room.
ScarlettPixie

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2009, 01:34 PM »

Ok...having problem with ImageShack hosting.  Will try again later to fix the pics.  Might switch hosting sights.  Blech.

Flamanar

Pink

• Snowman Magic
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2009, 02:40 PM »

Ok...having problem with ImageShack hosting.  Will try again later to fix the pics.  Might switch hosting sights.  Blech.

Flamanar

Flame, I always use tinypic.com for hosting.  Try it out if ImageShack is buggy for you today.

Purrypaws

• There are two of us??
    The road is not safe!!!
  • Cursed Storm Magic
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2009, 04:02 PM »

I use flickr--it's pretty easy to use.
Blech on those host hunt bugs! :ls:

Purrypaws >>>who now has her red flips once again!

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2009, 06:57 PM »

Flamanar

Flame, I always use tinypic.com for hosting.  Try it out if ImageShack is buggy for you today.

Thanks for the suggestions, Pink and Paws!  I tried Tinypic right now, and it's working well.  I'll check out Flickr, too. :)

Here's another 'weirdness' that happened during today's host hunt:

Notice how the first person definitely was the loser because they did not capitalize the word 'HOST'.  HOWEVER:  they should NOT have been able to say 'host_Dragon' at all...regardless!!  Only the winner in the room is supposed to be able to say the hosts title!  Lovin' it!  :sur:

Flamanar

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Up