VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 6/26/2009 It’s Independence Day!  (Read 6855 times)

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
6/26/2009 It’s Independence Day!
« on: June 29, 2009, 11:39 PM »

SmallWorlds Blog

It’s Independence Day!

June 30th, 2009 by SmallWorlds Chronicle

The 4th of July is almost here – the day in which America celebrates its signing of the Declaration of Independence in 1776. This most American of holidays will be marked with flags, parades, fireworks, hot dogs and backyard barbecues across the length and breadth of the USA.

In honor of the many Americans that make up the growing SmallWorlds community, we’ve got a lot of great stuff planned to help you celebrate the 4th of July. We’re hoping that you’ll choose to spend your Independence Day right here in SmallWorlds – and we’ve got lots to entice you with!

[a small piece of the original Independence Day document]

We hereby proclaim a Week of Feasting – Starting 29th June!

As you’d expect, we’ve got a huge celebration party planned, starting with a fantastic Independence Day Feast! The doors will swing open just after midnight on the 29th June SWT. Come hungry, because we’ve arranged a Hot Dog Eating mission for you!

The space is totally red, white and blue, not to mention as ‘star-spangled-bannered’ as you might wish for… come pay a visit! As well as hot dogs (a necessity for any Independence Day feast!), we’ve got outdoor Barbeques, USA-themed music, everything you need to soak up a good strong dose of that great American patriotic spirit!

And Fireworks Galore!

Independence Day would be incomplete without lots of fireworks, and for our celebration party we’ve pulled out all the stops. We’ve taken advice from some serious pyrotechnic experts and arranged a stupendously impressive fireworks display for you!

One of our pyrotechnic advisers spoke in tones of awed reverence as he told me about the 2009 Macy’s fireworks show in New York City – apparently this will feature more than 40,000 shells exploding at a rate of more than 1,500 per minute (8 times more than their 2008 show). Wow!

For those unable to to attend this impressive-sounding show, the SmallWorlds display will start after midnight on Monday 29th SWT and go on non-stop for several days (it’s a little smaller but much longer than the New York City show!). And the best thing about our fireworks display is that you can come along with ALL of your friends, no matter where in the world you all live! How do you get to see the fireworks? Once you’ve competed in the Hot Dog Eating competition, you can unlock the entrance to the fireworks display.

Independence Day – Special Items

We’ve got some great new items to help you decorate your space, giving it some real 4th of July style. Make a visit to Garden Life and pick up a picnic table and barbeque. You can also purchase your own Independence Day balloons from the Independence Day Room.

Star Spangled Banners all the way!

To end this report, I thought I’d include a couple of interesting 4th of July tid-bits…

Here’s a link to a very creative 4th of July video, using footage of many past US presidents – i think you’ll enjoy it!

In July 1776, the estimated number of people living in the newly independent nation was 2.5 million. The population of the USA this July 4th will be 304 million!

And, lastly a quote from the Declaration itself: “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness”. -The Declaration of Independence 4 of July, 1776.

My very best wishes to you all for Independence Day 2009. I look forward to seeing you at the feast and at the wonderful fireworks display!
~ Honesty Blaize
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 11:59 PM by souper_happy »

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
Re: 6/26/2009 It’s Independence Day!
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2009, 12:00 AM »

Woot!  Yes PD, you can sit and watch fireworks 24/7 for about a week once you do this misison!
Is this right up there with the 2.0 Preview of snow?

The flags are "transparent floor posters"  How cool is that?  

« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 12:54 AM by souper_happy »

BitBehindWench

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Purple Vice Admin
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2009, 05:42 AM »

Major :drool:
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2009, 01:29 PM »

:clapping:  oooohhh!   :clapping:  aaahhh! 

BitBehindWench

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Blue NOT New Moderator
  • Still Soarin' :)
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2009, 10:11 PM »

The fireworks are cool!   :2thunbs:   Wish we could buy them.   :)

The flags that are "transparent floor posters", we can't buy those either right??  And yes, neat stuff!   :2thunbs:
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:
Pages: [1]   Go Up