VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Ok my turn to rant  (Read 7525 times)

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
Ok my turn to rant
« on: June 12, 2009, 04:48 PM »

It has been three months since I asked to have VFK look at my monthly memebership. First I ask for a discount on a yearly since I had already paid 4 months.

After the ride competition I asked to get rid of it completely. As I was disgusted with how it was run. I am still digusted. Now I am just plain angry. I got charged again. I gave them I montsh lead way.

They have never ever responded to my emails. I doubt I will be investing when membership comes out again. Because they are abusing my credit card. I doubt I will be able to tell others to trust them too.  This is not acceptable

So what is the number. Now I have to call long distance I am extremely not happy. Most people would call this a scam. I know better it is just bad costumer service. But it is not about a missing virtual item is is real money with really conversion rates. This is lazy I resent having to call them long distance.

I am furious.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 04:52 PM by littlebelle »
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

UNPROVINCIALWENCH! Kat says I am worldy in a good sense :)

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • more laundry....
Re: Ok my turn to rant
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2009, 05:06 PM »

Sorry Belle,  :bighug:

This was from when Red (delicious) had trouble with her inventory - she did say when she called the "mailbox" was full though.

I have missplaced the number could you send it to me please

Unless it's changed, this is the number I have:

Virtual Family Kingdom
954-349-3325

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2009, 05:59 PM »

Aww.  Sorry to hear your still having problems, Bell.  I've found that the ONLY way to take care of a serious problem is to phone them.  It is a long distance call, unfortunately.  I've had few problems getting through to them at around 1pm EST Tues-Thurs...or maybe even before noon, although I haven't tried that, yet.  The staff who answer the phone are very nice and I've never had a problem with them getting things taken care of.  When the line is busy, I've also run into the 'mailbox is full' automated message.  Very uncool.

I've had no joy at all using their email support.  HELP button response is spotty, depending on the problem.

Hope you get it all taken care of. 

(hugs)

Flamanar

Cloudymellowdisco

• Disco Here, Datco There
  • Teleport Magic
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2009, 06:12 PM »

Hi Belle!  Have you tried contacting your credit card company for help?  They can put the amount in dispute and then require VFK to respond within a specific time about the charge.  If VFK brushes the credit card company off, then the credit card company takes the money away from them.  One of my earlier bosses once told me if you want to get somebody's attention, hit them in the pocketbook!

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2009, 06:14 PM »

Hi Belle!  Have you tried contacting your credit card company for help?  They can put the amount in dispute and then require VFK to respond within a specific time about the charge.  If VFK brushes the credit card company off, then the credit card company takes the money away from them.  One of my earlier bosses once told me if you want to get somebody's attention, hit them in the pocketbook!

Good idea Disco!

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2009, 06:18 PM »

Well I emailed them back with a not so nice message. How do they expect to get us to recommend this game if we can not trust them with our own money. If not I will try calling them on Tuesday and biting my toungue. for  I know it is not the poor person who answers the phone.

I have never ever recieved an email confirmation. Which is not cool. Because there should be a ticket number or something. I can tell the credit card company that I dispute the charge but how do I prove I worte them so many times.

Cloudymellowdisco

• Teleport Magic
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2009, 06:53 PM »

Belle, the credit card companies will frequently put the burden of proof on the vendor.  I think you can explain you authorized a charge for only a specific time period and they continue to charge you beyond that time.  Does the VFK home page still list the plan you thought you were signing up for?  If yes, you can use that for some evidence as to the plan you intended to join.  The credit card company will then question the vendor (VFK) as to why they continue to process charges.  Also, your credit card company can then block future charges from VFK.  I seriously think VFK will then start to pay heed since they can get into some serious trouble.  What they are doing to you could be constituted as illegal.  Why don't you call your credit card company just to calmly discuss with them and ask them for your options?

Oh!  I forgot to add that the credit card company will contact VFK so you won't have to make that long distance phone call!  Also, the worst that could happen is that you will be issued a new credit card so that VFK can't charge your current account any longer.  There are protections for the consumer!  :thumb:
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 06:58 PM by Cloudymellowdisco »

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • New NOT Gnu Moderator II
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2009, 09:02 PM »

Belle:
I agree woth Disco.  Call your credit card.  Over the phone the credit card companyto initiate a dispute.  The credit card company will send a form to fill out, so the dispute is in writing.  
You can even notify VFK via email that you have disputed their charge as you requested a cancellation on _____ date and are still being charged.  

Happy
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 09:04 PM by souper_happy »

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Mystery-Red

• so anal I thought I would
    share with everyone
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2009, 09:13 PM »

Belle
I am so sorry this is happening to you.  I am becoming more and more disillusioned wit VFK also.

by the way what does the charge show up as on you credit card (the name of the company)?

You say I'm a Wench like it's a bad thing!
DeliciousWenchous

Cloudymellowdisco

• Teleport Magic
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2009, 09:31 PM »

Happy is quite correct, Belle!  The credit card companies make the process relatively simple.  The key is to be clear and factual when submitting your report.  I'm sure your credit card company has dealt with similar problems of this nature and they should be able to give you good guidance as to the information to submit.  Good luck Belle!

verenice

• Invisibility Magic
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2009, 10:17 PM »

Whoah, can't believe it, 3 months!
I really hope your credit card company can help you solve it.

"Don't try to get fancy with the Brita!"
-Lexie

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2009, 11:04 PM »

Disco is right.  If you don't get responses after 'due diligance' (and it sounds like you've gone out of your way to contact them via their email address), then you might want to get the credit card company involved.  I usually do that only after sending certified letters with 'return receipt' so that I have proof the business got the letter...and failed to act.  But like Disco said, the burden of proof is on VFK.  I'm concerned, though, that VFK would be able to say "we never received any emails from 'so and so'".  I'm not totally familiar with your situation, but they may have no record of your emails, and you may have no record that you sent them...which is why I 'CYA' with the 'return receipt'.  I send a copy of my letter I sent to the business and a copy of the return receipt showing it was signed for.  Just my preferred method if I ever need to dispute a charge.

For my own self in this situation with VFK (and this is just what I would do...not telling anyone else what to do...and not 'poo-pooing' anyone elses awesome suggestions here), I would phone them first (taking notes, btw).  I would also have them call me right back once they answered since it is a toll call for you and they haven't answered your emails.  I'm sure that would be all it would take...and would probably be alot faster than disputing the charge.  You might even get some extra 'compensation' from VFK (which I think is more than deserved at this point).  I don't know all of your story, but I've found email isn't very reliable in getting business done (in fact, I never do business via email, come to think of it).  If I need something done...and I want it done right...I talk to someone about it on the phone.  Too many companies provide really poor service when it comes to handling business through email.  Things get lost in translation.  Just my personal experience.

That being said, credit cards do provide you protection if you need it.  You've done an awful lot of work to get it taken care of already.  If you feel you need it, go for it.  It is your decision. :)

Awesome advice, btw Disco!

Flamanar...hoping for the best for your situation...(hugs)

Cloudymellowdisco

• Teleport Magic
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2009, 12:11 AM »

Flame, I actually agree with you that dealing with a company by phone initially is usually the best way to try to solve a problem.  In Belle's case though, she commented how she would have to place a long distance call.  Seeing the many comments of people not having success reaching a live person, or even having the ability to leave a Voice Mail message (because their mailbox is full), my thought was Belle would be best served by contacting the credit card company.  Plus, the credit card company can stop any further payments to VFK should they try to charge her for another month.

I also agree with you not to rely strictly on Email with important business dealings.  My normal course of action, especially at work, is to follow telephone discussions or emails with a written letter sent Certified with a Return Receipt.  That "paper trail" has saved my hide on more than one occasion!!  However, for Belle's situation, does anyone have a good address for contacting VFK??

BTW Belle, do you still have any of the emails you sent to VFK?  If you do contact the credit card company, I don't think you need to have all but if you have at least a few of your Emails, that would be helpful.

What a shame that VFK is unable to get such a critical part of their business in order.  I wonder if it might have something to do with the company being based in two different parts of the world?  Still, in order for them to be successful, they just have to resolve their problem with customer service, especially when it comes to the membership fees.  If they continue to ignore, I'm afraid they are going to dig their own grave.  I would truly hate to see that happen!

« Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 12:13 AM by Cloudymellowdisco »

lisuhut

• When is a queue not a queue?
  • Snowman Magic
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2009, 01:01 AM »

Hi Belle
Could somebody from the boards not make a local call for you if they get it free of charge?
I would but worse still for me.
But credit card companys can claw back the money if you ask them i think.
Good luck

ScarlettPixie

• Having your friends vaporize
    you in laser tag.... Priceless!
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
  • Just another Scarlett Pixie....
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2009, 07:48 AM »

Belle calling them is the best way though as she will be dealing them personally. I called myself when they charged me the first time on the monthly, as at the time none of us knew you'd be charged each month! They fixed it right up for me. I have purchased a yearly membership- 1 bill, 1 payment, no headaches so far. Good luck Belle. Let me know if you need any help!
ScarlettPixie

Push me too far, and I will sing like a canary.

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2009, 10:25 AM »

Yeah, the long distance problem stinks...especially for people not living in the States.  Timing for me is everything when trying to reach them on the phone.  The hours I listed above are when I've been the most successful at reaching a live body when phoning.  Usually first thing in the morning till noon EST...or after 1pm EST Tues. - Thurs.  Any other time, you'll be fighting with alot of other players calling (during school season, kids will be home around 3pm EST, too).  For reaching them, I hang up right away if the recording comes on (although make sure it's a recording first!).  Probably will still be charged a minute of usage, but no more, and no waiting.  If they're in, they pick up the phone right away.  I'm sure if you got a live body on the other end, they'd call you right back so you wouldn't have to talk on your dime.

A couple of other thoughts: 

There is the "contact us" portion of the website.  Not sure if you've used that, Bell.  The email address I was given by Gail is support@virtualfamilykingdom.com .  I don't believe that messages sent to the 'contact us' and email address go to the same place. 

Physical address?  Here's a couple that might work:

Virtual Management Consulting PTY LTD
109 Hanckel Rd.
Oakville, NSW 2765 Australia

-or-

For US inquiries:
In the US:

500 N. Solano Dr.
Las Cruces, NM 88001 USA

The above 2 addresses are in their 'privacy policy' on their website.

Sigh.  Wish I had more info to help you, Bell...but besides making a toll call to them, Disco listed the most effective way of getting the problem taken care of.  Really hope you are able to get it worked out quickly and painlessly no matter what method you choose!  (hugs)

Pix:  you had to remind me of the 'monthly' fiasco, didn't you?... :hitwall: :hitwall:

Flamanar

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2009, 10:37 AM »

Thanks all for all your support and great suggestions. Yes I needed a physical address so I will pop off a email to that so at l can get a receipt of send. Then I will call on Tuesday. Then I will contact my credit card company.

To me the most important thing is that they deal with the customers financial manners properly. before anything else.

I think contact us is a black hole.

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up