VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 6/5/2009 Dan SmallWorlds Needs You!  (Read 13206 times)

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
6/5/2009 Dan SmallWorlds Needs You!
« on: June 05, 2009, 06:31 AM »

SmallWorlds Blog
Dan SmallWorlds Needs You!
June 5th, 2009 - SmallWorlds Chronicle

Breaking News – you can now earn Citizen Levels! SmallWorlds needs to grow, grow, GROW! So Dan SmallWorlds has introduced a new reward system based on how much you help us out. Citizen Levels are going to be the most important attribute your avatar can have, and can be achieved by earning Citizen Points.

But wait, there’s more! For a limited time only, Dan is offering to give everyone DOUBLE Citizen Points! That’s right, up until Version 2.0 is released in late June, Dan will match any Citizen Points you earn, point-for-point.

Read on, citizen.  You don’t want to miss this special opportunity to become part of the SmallWorlds Elite!
How do I earn Citizen Points?

It’s easy - invite your friends! Dan says we need more people in SmallWorlds, so we can build more items, shops, games, arenas and worlds. Therefore the first Citizen Points (CP) are going to be awarded to players who invite their friends into SmallWorlds. It couldn’t be simpler!

• Invite a friend from your Social Network (Facebook, MySpace, Bebo), and receive 1 CP instantly!

• When that friend installs SmallWorlds and comes into the world for the first time, you get 20 CP.

• If you invite friends using email or a postcard, then when that friend enters SmallWorlds and verifies their email, you get 1 CP. When that friend gets to level 20 in any of the XP Paths (Gamer, Explorer, Artist, Social), you get 20 CP.

You gain a Citizen Level for every 20 CP earned. Got 20 friends on a Social Network? Invite them all in one swoop, and jump up one Citizen Level. If all those friends come and check out SmallWorlds, your Citizen Level will be over 20 and you will officially be part of the SmallWorlds Elite!
So, what do Citizen Levels give me?

* Access to new exclusive ranges of items.
    * New Title system, including being announced when you enter spaces
    * A weekly salary of Gold when you complete the weekly Loyalty Challenge
    * XP and Token Bonus when doing missions.
    * Boost your avatar’s natural Health and Speed. Important for PvP Game Arenas.
    * Take part in special Votes that determine future features and events in SmallWorlds.
    * Gain advantages in upcoming Mini-Games, that will in turn give you special in-world privileges (more on this in a future blog).
    * And a lot more in the future.

Okay, I’m convinced. Where do I sign up?
Just start inviting friends using one of these methods:

* Click the Share button while you’re inworld and follow the prompts to invite friends by email or through social networks.      
    * Sign into SmallWorlds on Facebook or MySpace, then click the Invite Friends to SmallWorlds link.  This link is at the bottom of the Facebook or Bebo window, and at the top of the MySpace window.
    * Send someone a postcard of you in SmallWorlds!  Just click on the camera to take your shot, then follow the prompts to send it.

What Else?

We will show the top SmallWorlds Citizens and your current ranking on the front page of the Newspaper.

So what are you waiting for? Go forth, citizen and help us make SmallWorlds the biggest thing to hit the Internet since… well… the Internet!!

Your Questions Answered

Your citizen points are being recorded now, but won’t show up on your profile until the V2.0 Release (late June).

You will receive citizen points for friends you have already invited up to June 4th.  The Double Points promotion is valid for points earned between now (June 5th) and the V2.0 Release.

As soon as the Citizen Leaderboard is active, you will be able to see your points.  This should be visible on the front page of the Chronicle by the end of next week.

« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 11:02 AM by souper_happy »

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
Re: 6/5/2009 Dan SmallWorlds Needs You!
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2009, 06:35 AM »

Well, I think I will be at 0 on this ranking...Most of my online friends are already have SW accounts and I tend to keep my on line and real lives separate. 

For those that are inviting people via the share-email postcard link.  In the past these issues have come up:
You must be the first person to send the invite.
They must use the special link in the invite to join.
They must verify their email.

BitBehindWench

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2009, 09:22 AM »

This was posted over at the SmallWorlds site by a member of the Crew.
If you had some Q's after reading the blog this should help answer them.
http://forum.smallworlds.com/showthread.php?t=18395

Citizen Levels FAQ

Question: Why can’t I see my Citizen Points on my profile?
Answer: Your Citizen Points are being recorded now, but won't show up on your profile until the V2.0 Release (late June).

Question: So I can’t see my Citizen Points at all?
Answer: As soon as the Citizen Leaderboard is active, you will be able to see your points. This should be visible on the front page of the Chronicle by the end of next week (Friday 12th June).

Question: What about friends I invited ages ago?
Answer: You will receive Citizen Points for friends you have already invited up to June 4th. The Double Points promotion is valid for points earned between now (June 5th) and the V2.0 Release (late June).

Question: What about friends who click on my SmallWorlds Avatar in Facebook, MySpace or Bebo and join SmallWorlds that way?
Answer: After the V2.0 Release you will receive Citizen Points for friends who join that way.
Question: Instead of having us invite people from their emails, how about making us a visual link so we can just post it on our websites for others to see so they can join from the link?
Answer: This will be available in the V2.0 release (late June).

Question: Will this replace the status and gold bonuses for referrals?
Answer: You will continue to receive Social XP for referrals only until V2.0 is released. There will still be gold bonuses for referrals after V2.0 is released.

Question: Why the difference in Citizen Point rewards between social network and email referrals?
Answer: To help prevent muling. It is easy to create a false email account, therefore levelling up is required to receive Citizen Points.

Question: Will there be other ways to receive Citizen Points in the future?
Answer: Yes there will be. We will be awarding Citizen Points for activities that benefit SmallWorlds as a whole, so we can continue to build more items, shops, games, arenas and worlds

BitBehindWench

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Blue NOT New Moderator
  • Still Soarin' :)
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2009, 09:26 AM »

Well, I think I will be at 0 on this ranking...Most of my online friends are already have SW accounts and I tend to keep my on line and real lives separate.

Yup, me too!   :waveb:
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2009, 10:55 AM »

A change announced the other day:  Players will receive CP for purchasing VIP.
CP levels are now displayed on the Chronicle.

« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 11:03 AM by souper_happy »

BitBehindWench

Pages: [1]   Go Up