VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 5/21/2009 Our Highly Unusual Winners  (Read 4481 times)

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
5/21/2009 Our Highly Unusual Winners
« on: May 21, 2009, 07:59 PM »

SW Blog

SmallWorlds Blog

Our Highly Unusual Winners

May 22nd, 2009 - SmallWorlds Chronicle

Greetings to all SmallWorlds citizens. What an wonderfully unusual bunch you are!

Judging the Unusual Avatar Competition was the toughest job I have had to date. There were so many wonderful entries, it was very difficult to narrow down the list. In fact, I was so overwhelmed by the quality of your submissions, I had to give out extra prizes. The top three will also receive additional prize money - including a first prize of 5000 gold!

I have added the winners’ photographs to the SmallWorlds Facebook page. Click here to view them on Facebook. You can share the photos with your Facebook friends by becoming a fan of SmallWorlds on Facebook. Just click the Become a Fan link on the page.

So without further delay, here are the winners of the competition.
In First Place: Mariam Icecream

I visited Mariam to congratulate her and ask what her inspiration was for creating such an unusual character.

“What i liked about my entry was that my skin color was pale and how unusual is that?! You don’t see many peeps with white skin walking around.

I was shocked when i found i won first place! I wasn’t expecting any prize at all! I had tons of fun creating my avatar for the joy of it!
This was such a great competition and a great opportunity to showcase your uniqueness and unusuality of your avatar! Even if you didn’t win, always remember that If you had Fun you Won!”

Thank you for your strange and unusual entry, Mariam! You have won 5000 gold.

In Second Place: Josh Thebeast

When I congratulated Josh, I asked him why he thought we picked his avatar for second place.

“Umm well I think maybe how I made everything not match and different colors.”

Then I asked how he felt when he found out he’d come second.

I was like very happy and it was unexpected. I never would have thought I would have won 2nd. I didn’t think I would have got anything lol.

Thank you for picking me out of everyone else and good job to the ones who got 1st and 3rd. I had fun making my person.”

Thanks, Josh. Your avatar certainly looks unusual! You have won 3000 gold.

In Third Place: Gelwyn McCloud

Congratulating Gelwyn on her winning entry, I asked what her inspiration had been for her unusual avatar.

“My inspiration was to create a character that would be difficult to forget. I guess I accomplished that goal!”

Thanks, Gelwyn, you sure did. I especially liked your green hair. You have won 2000 gold.

Runners Up (in no particular order)

You all had done such a wonderful job in the competition that I chose seven runners-up! These seven will win 1000 gold each.

And now, here they are in all their unusual glory.

Catina Cavarini

The simplicity of Catina’s look was very effective, I thought. When I congratulated her, she told me she was very pleased to be chosen as a runner up.

“This competition was a new experience to me. It just got me all jumpy and excited. I wanted to make the weirdest avatar possible and there were many choices to choose from. It was my chance to freely express my creativity. After many clickings and changing and tweakings, my avatar was created. Up until Sunday, judgement day, I was always checking the forums to see everyone else’s unusual avatars and I thought they surpassed mine tremendously. I started feeling like I wouldn’t have a chance. I felt a little better when someone suggested voting me. Now, I have placed runner up, and I just feel so proud of myself. The secret, I believe, is creativity, imagination, and enjoyment.”

Fish Girl, by Stormi Weather

Stormi’s avatar was striking, and a popular choice as a winner. Stormi had a few words for me:

“I’d like to say thank you so much for choosing my creation as one of the runners-up. I didn’t really have an idea of what to create until I was looking through the edit avatar options and saw those huge fish lips, and well, it went from there! So thank you once again, I hope there are a lot more contests like this in the future, I’m sure everyone had great fun making unique avatars”.

Ashley Woronekin the Second

Ashlee’s creation, with its purple hair and yellow suit, certainly stood out from the crowd! Ashley had this to say about his win:

“Hi. First off I would like to say this is an honor to win this competition as one of the runner ups. As soon as I heard about it I knew I had to enter an avatar. As for inspiration for the avatar well….the gold….lol.”

Granny Betty, by Nelvea Moonchild

Granny Betty looked to me like she’d had a very troubled youth! When I caught up with Nelvea to congratulate her on her win, she filled me in on some facts about Granny:

“4 important Facts about Granny Betty are:

1. Her favorite motto is ‘To save time, let’s just agree that I know everything.’
2. She is Nelvea’s grandmother
3. She is 86 years old and a big fan of Janis Joplin (don’t tell Granny that Janis died, it would break her heart)
4. She always has cookie supplies in her boots.”

Dave Peoples the Second

With Dave’s creation, I especially liked the outfit he was wearing. It seemed very unusual! Dave looks like the type of friend who could easily out-score me in a game of Blox.

Wakhaa Lalala

Wakhaa’s avatar looks very enthusiastic and friendly… but at the same time, slightly crazy! Her colorful clothes complete her look nicely. Wakhaa looks like someone I might enjoy spending time with at first, but would eventually be forced to get a restraining order against.

Amy Flower

Unfortunately, Amy hadn’t kept her unusual avatar, so I wasn’t able to get a photograph of her unusual face. But when I congratulated her, she was very happy and pleased to find out she was one of our lucky runners-up.

“Kent, I am honored to win such a cool competition. I just wanna say congrats to everyone who entered. Your avatars were so silly!”

Congratulations again, to all our prize-winners. I only wish I could have given all entrants a prize - you all deserved it!

This competition has been a true success. Thank you all for entering and for creating such unusual avatars.

And finally… I was so inspired by your creations, I had a little go at becoming more unusual myself.

I know I have a way to go before I am as unusual as some of you out there, but I had fun trying.
Best wishes to you all.
-Kent Kronkite (the somewhat unusual)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 08:31 PM by souper_happy »

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Purple Vice Admin
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!
Re: 5/21/2009 Our Highly Unusual Winners
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2009, 08:33 PM »

Guess I should have tried to get White Specter in there..
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • Moderator of This Board
Re: 5/21/2009 Our Highly Unusual Winners
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2009, 09:07 PM »

I never got around to entering either.  :bighug:

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Pages: [1]   Go Up